Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

i'm starting to lose interest in this collection. i only want two lipsticks and a blush... someone get a thermometer, i'm clearly sick!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesongx
Some of the Venomous Villains lipglosses are in this months InStyle mag, advertised at £12 each, only £1 more than we pay now. Hopefully the Disney price increases will only be about that amount for each item!

that would help me out alot if it is just a £1 increase! how much was the usa increase? if it was $1 i would say ours should just be a pound
smiles.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
that would help me out alot if it is just a £1 increase! how much was the usa increase? if it was $1 i would say ours should just be a pound
smiles.gif

this is how you know i'm a stingy scot - it should be the actual equivalent of a dollar increase... like 70p!
tong.gif

Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i'm starting to lose interest in this collection. i only want two lipsticks and a blush... someone get a thermometer, i'm clearly sick!

Hahaha, me too! I only want the 2 mineralize eyeshadows, 2 lipglosses, 1 nail polish, 1 blush and 1 (possibly 2) beauty powder. I have a few maybes, but not many. I must be ill too.
lol.gif

LMD84

Quote:
this is how you know i'm a stingy scot - it should be the actual equivalent of a dollar increase... like 70p!
tong.gif

lol! well in an ideal world it would be equal like that. but sadly i am too used to being shafted by companies who want to make extra money out of us!
tong.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska
Hahaha, me too! I only want the 2 mineralize eyeshadows, 2 lipglosses, 1 nail polish, 1 blush and 1 (possibly 2) beauty powder. I have a few maybes, but not many. I must be ill too.
lol.gif

considering the size of this collection, i'd have thought my haul would be massive. i really like the name 'vile violet' but unless it is super unique, it's a skip
ssad.gif
someone needs to give me my MAC bug back!

Quote:
lol! well in an ideal world it would be equal like that. but sadly i am too used to being shafted by companies who want to make extra money out of us!
tong.gif

they really have got us bent right over, which is something i resent because i don't remember them buying me dinner or taking me to the movies!

AndSparkle

I went to a uni open day today, and to treat myself for the 6am start, I went to Birmingham to the f/s mac...

It's being refurbished, and instead of it being on the right side, atm, you have to walk a bit further on up Cannon St, and it's on the left, it's stupid cause the place they have it now is so much better - and bigger. And the furniture was really cute - like shipping boxes? That kinda cheap pine wood, and then steel drawers, and then all the wood had the mac logo sprayed on, and below it, the word "temporary" in red letters, it's quite awesome. If you use the brum store, check it out.

While I was there though, I finally got a sample of Studio Sculpt! I've waited for ages to try another mac foundation, but I've just tried it out and I'm in love! It's so comfortable, and it makes my skin look flawless but not cakey and dried out.
greengrin.gif

Alsoooo... I asked about B2M, and they said that they don't except depotted eyeshadows..... WHYYYYYY??!?!?!?
ssad.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndSparkle
I went to a uni open day today, and to treat myself for the 6am start, I went to Birmingham to the f/s mac...

It's being refurbished, and instead of it being on the right side, atm, you have to walk a bit further on up Cannon St, and it's on the left, it's stupid cause the place they have it now is so much better - and bigger. And the furniture was really cute - like shipping boxes? That kinda cheap pine wood, and then steel drawers, and then all the wood had the mac logo sprayed on, and below it, the word "temporary" in red letters, it's quite awesome. If you use the brum store, check it out.

While I was there though, I finally got a sample of Studio Sculpt! I've waited for ages to try another mac foundation, but I've just tried it out and I'm in love! It's so comfortable, and it makes my skin look flawless but not cakey and dried out.
greengrin.gif

Alsoooo... I asked about B2M, and they said that they don't except depotted eyeshadows..... WHYYYYYY??!?!?!?
ssad.gif

that's what they had in HOF glasgow while they were refurbing the store
smiles.gif
it's adorable!

i think MAC UK need to get a grip on their B2M policy, every store/counter seems to have their own take on it, so what applies at one doesn't neccessarily apply at another. why can't they make it easy for us?

AndSparkle

Oooh, I'm glad I'm not the only one to experience, I completely agree, it's so cute, and I think it really fits in with mac, it should be there full time!

I agree on that one too.. but it looks like she actually looked in the update book, cause she didn't know, so she went to where all the products were and had a look at something, but I couldn't see what it was. I'm kinda gutted though, I depot all l/e e/s. Coulda saved a bit of money!

LMD84

Quote:
considering the size of this collection, i'd have thought my haul would be massive. i really like the name 'vile violet' but unless it is super unique, it's a skip
ssad.gif
someone needs to give me my MAC bug back!

they really have got us bent right over, which is something i resent because i don't remember them buying me dinner or taking me to the movies!

ha ha! this made me chuckle! so true!
tong.gif

spunky

Quote:
Oooh, I'm glad I'm not the only one to experience, I completely agree, it's so cute, and I think it really fits in with mac, it should be there full time!

I agree on that one too.. but it looks like she actually looked in the update book, cause she didn't know, so she went to where all the products were and had a look at something, but I couldn't see what it was. I'm kinda gutted though, I depot all l/e e/s. Coulda saved a bit of money!

really? aww what! so we can't B2M depots anymore? if they don't accept them, what's the point in running B2M? surely that's the biggest source of recyclable plastic
th_dunno.gif
very odd.

Quote:
ha ha! this made me chuckle! so true!
tong.gif

winks.gif

AndSparkle

Quote:
really? aww what! so we can't B2M depots anymore? if they don't accept them, what's the point in running B2M? surely that's the biggest source of recyclable plastic
th_dunno.gif
very odd.

winks.gif

I know right?! I might ask the counter as well and see what they say? Otherwise I'll have to probably keep everything in case I go abroad at some point...

spunky

Quote:
I know right?! I might ask the counter as well and see what they say? Otherwise I'll have to probably keep everything in case I go abroad at some point...

it does seem strange that they'd stop taking depots. last i was told was that, in glasgow anyway, you could only B2M for permenant lipsticks. not best pleased with that policy!

i might try it through their site, but Lou still hasn't received her lipstick after a couple of months... not cool!

AndSparkle

yeah, I was thinking about that too, but I'm not sure if they take the depots? If they do, I might try it as it'll be the only way I can really get rid of them for the l/s.

B2M is becoming more and more of a hassle tbh. And why the hell can't they include eyeshadows as well? Or even just samples of pigments, foundations etc? I think since MAC lost it's go-to for B2M recycling it's lost the will for it to be fair, and tbh, lost the ethnics behind it.

ilexica

I took a bunch of depots back to the Brum store about two months ago and it was fine.
th_dunno.gif

I agree with you about the temporary space, it's so much nicer!

AndSparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilexica
I took a bunch of depots back to the Brum store about two months ago and it was fine.
th_dunno.gif

I agree with you about the temporary space, it's so much nicer!

Wtf?!?! That sucks. :S

smiles.gif
Did you not think it was so much more spacious too?

LMD84

on the rare occasion when i take my depots and empties to the store they ahve always acceoted them! it was the nottingham store i have been to
smiles.gif
or of course you can send literally back to mac, they take your empties and depots however i'm still waiting for a lipstick...
girl_devil.gif

AndSparkle

Well, I completely feel your frustration, as I've still not got the stupid package that was meant to be here on friday.. they better not have sent it to the wrong address again!

Anitacska

I went to my local Mac counter yesterday and asked about VV, they were clueless as ever, said it's October, probably first or second week. They said I'll get an e-mail when it's about to go online, I told them it's usually a day or two late, but they kept saying I'll get an e-mail before, so I just thanked them and left.
shrugs.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska
I went to my local Mac counter yesterday and asked about VV, they were clueless as ever, said it's October, probably first or second week. They said I'll get an e-mail when it's about to go online, I told them it's usually a day or two late, but they kept saying I'll get an e-mail before, so I just thanked them and left.
shrugs.gif

yeah if only they knew just how great the email alerts were!
th_LMAO.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts