Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

i'll be at HOF today, i'll see what they say about release dates. not hoping for much though, wonder what's up with mac just now
th_confused_new.gif
they're so secrative!

Anitacska

I'm planning on going to Kingston tomorrow and will ask them again about the release date, I really hope it's next week, not later! I really want those mineralize eyeshadows!
th_DANCE.gif
Especially since there will be no mineralize eyeshadows this winter.
ssad.gif

dirtyprincess

I cant decide on my final list !!! Do i need toxic tale or shall i get a nude in innocence beware ?
I cant really pull off creme de nude so i was thinking that as IB is a little more on the pink side i could pull it off ? Or do you all think that there is a nude in the permanent collection that is better ?
Sorry to ask so mant questions !!!!

banana1234

this collection is driving me up the wall, BoaA or no? Brair rose or no? Toxic tale? Heartless and wicked ways??!!? the only thing i want for sure is she who dares, and i cant just order one thing right?

banana1234

i'm starting to freak out a little, the mac usa sold out of almost everthing already,not just a couple things, like EVERYTHING on my list

woah

sonia84

I phoned my counter up in house of fraser and they confirmed it was next thu this collection is out. I managed to pre-order a few of my must haves and hopefully they will still have the maybe's i want.

Anitacska

I can't decide whether or not to order online since I'm planning on going to my nearest counter the morning of the launch (provided it's next Thursday). When I order, my package usually doens't come before Friday, so in theory there's no point - unless I'm unable to go on Thursday (sickness, etc., I have 3 children, it's always possible that something comes up) and by then loads of things will be gone online for sure.
ssad.gif

I might just order my definites: My Dark Magic, She Who Dares, Briar Rose, Bad Fairy, Bite Of An Apple, Hot House and Wicked Ways (and maybe Strange Potion and Oh So Fair), and just check out the maybes in person.

My other dilemma is that I've ordered Galaxy Girl and Space Cadet from Orly, but they're backordered and I don't know if I'll definitely get them, or are they now sold out, so should I just get Formidable! and Mean & Green just in case?
th_confused_new.gif
Argh!!!
th_mad0217.gif

Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia84
I phoned my counter up in house of fraser and they confirmed it was next thu this collection is out. I managed to pre-order a few of my must haves and hopefully they will still have the maybe's i want.

How do you pre-order? They wouldn't even hold something for me for an hour once when I phoned up?
th_dunno.gif

sonia84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska
How do you pre-order? They wouldn't even hold something for me for an hour once when I phoned up?
th_dunno.gif

I go to house of fraser in the metrocentre and normally, on the monday or tue before a collection i ring them up and ask if i could put a few items aside
th_LMAO.gif
and they take my name and put them in a mac bag in the draw behind the counter. I've done this since January and i managed to get ripe peach, marine life and stereo rose. I do have to be in the day of the collection as they will only hold them for a few days.

It does depend on the ma thou. I've only had one say no so i rang up another day instead
tong.gif

sonia84

yeah, i am. Its nice to know i have the things i want safe. My original list for this collection was around £140 and i've got it down to 3 def things and a few maybe's. I did want all 3 bp and the cooling powder but i'm going to get osf in the face kit with TT and swatch hod in store.

Things put aside;
briar rose -have azalia blossom already but want it anyway
innocence beware
truth and light

maybe
black grease stick
her own devices
my dark magic
wicked ways

i can only afford 1 extra, 2 at a push so they will have to stand out swatch wise

LouLou69

Ok been on to MAC again and they are still refusing to confirm dates - if counters know why can't they confirm it?

AndSparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i'll be at HOF today, i'll see what they say about release dates. not hoping for much though, wonder what's up with mac just now
th_confused_new.gif
they're so secrative!

I know. Stingy much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyprincess
I cant decide on my final list !!! Do i need toxic tale or shall i get a nude in innocence beware ?
I cant really pull off creme de nude so i was thinking that as IB is a little more on the pink side i could pull it off ? Or do you all think that there is a nude in the permanent collection that is better ?
Sorry to ask so mant questions !!!!

I'd try the permanent range, you'd have something that's always available and it'd be cheaper...

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
this collection is driving me up the wall, BoaA or no? Brair rose or no? Toxic tale? Heartless and wicked ways??!!? the only thing i want for sure is she who dares, and i cant just order one thing right?

I'm in the same boat atm, the only non-repromote I want is Strange Potion.. and I love the look of Toxic Tale but it just won't suit me, so I'm haing to skip.. I might just live with it and get something else for my money..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia84

If only stores/counters allowed pre-orders.
ssad.gif

Quote:
I can't decide whether or not to order online since I'm planning on going to my nearest counter the morning of the launch (provided it's next Thursday). When I order, my package usually doens't come before Friday, so in theory there's no point - unless I'm unable to go on Thursday (sickness, etc., I have 3 children, it's always possible that something comes up) and by then loads of things will be gone online for sure.
ssad.gif

I might just order my definites: My Dark Magic, She Who Dares, Briar Rose, Bad Fairy, Bite Of An Apple, Hot House and Wicked Ways (and maybe Strange Potion and Oh So Fair), and just check out the maybes in person.

My other dilemma is that I've ordered Galaxy Girl and Space Cadet from Orly, but they're backordered and I don't know if I'll definitely get them, or are they now sold out, so should I just get Formidable! and Mean & Green just in case?
th_confused_new.gif
Argh!!!
th_mad0217.gif

I'm trying to think whether I should go on Thursday to the store or not too.. I think I might see if VV comes online before I have class on Tues (between 1 and 5) and if it comes online during class then I'll go to the store.. I have a big sneaking suspicion that we'll not be the only ones stalking the website, and a few must haves will go quickly.

Quote:
th_dunno.gif

I'd love to know the same for stores and counters..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouLou69
Ok been on to MAC again and they are still refusing to confirm dates - if counters know why can't they confirm it?

That must be getting quite annoying now?

sonia84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndSparkle
I know. Stingy much?

I'd try the permanent range, you'd have something that's always available and it'd be cheaper...

I'm in the same boat atm, the only non-repromote I want is Strange Potion.. and I love the look of Toxic Tale but it just won't suit me, so I'm haing to skip.. I might just live with it and get something else for my money..

If only stores/counters allowed pre-orders.
ssad.gif

I'm trying to think whether I should go on Thursday to the store or not too.. I think I might see if VV comes online before I have class on Tues (between 1 and 5) and if it comes online during class then I'll go to the store.. I have a big sneaking suspicion that we'll not be the only ones stalking the website, and a few must haves will go quickly.

I'd love to know the same for stores and counters..

That must be getting quite annoying now?

it doesn't hurt to ring and ask. Depending on who answers, they may put your things to one side. The ma who answered was very adamant that i could put things aside but wouldn't let me get them until next thu, she actually told me that several times. She must have sensed my desperation.

AndSparkle

Hmm.. maybe a tactic to try then.. I could get to the store about 1pmish on Thursday so it wouldn't be like they're sitting there for days..

spunky

HOF glasgow said a week tomorrow.

also - now, i don't know if this is debenhams glasgow exclusive, but ILLAMASQUA are having a HALF PRICE SALE ON DISCONTINUED ITEMS. yes you read that correctly. i just got 3 blushes for £24
th_DANCE.gif

thebeautybible

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
HOF glasgow said a week tomorrow.

I think Im gona order mine online cause I probably wont get a chance to get to glasgow on thursday. I hate how everything comes out first in the US. So annoying!

I wonder if the collection will come out online first. I think Im gona be checking the site everyday just to be sure! hee hee

Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeautybible
I think Im gona order mine online cause I probably wont get a chance to get to glasgow on thursday. I hate how everything comes out first in the US. So annoying!

I wonder if the collection will come out online first. I think Im gona be checking the site everyday just to be sure! hee hee

If it launches next Thursday, then it'll most likely be online Monday evening or first thing Tuesday (ie 9 am). I will order the things I want most as soon as it's up and go for next day delivery, so that way I can have them before I go to the counter on Thursday. That's the plan anyway.
smiles.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts