Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly2509t
That's what I've just done. Started to add goodies to the basket but stopped myself from buying. Need to have a look at them first! They should be out Thursday right?

I took a small detour to walk past my local mac on the way to work this morning, and they had the holiday sets out (apart from mischief makers), so I went back and played with it all at lunch time.

I got: blue sorcery, under your spell, conjure up and the warm eyes palette.

I have to say, I was a bit disappointed with the colour collection and palettes this year. I wanted to love them, I really did, but they all seemed so dupable.

The lip and eye kits, if you don't already have the stuff that's in them, are really pretty though! I really liked dreamy lipstick, it has a beautiful green irridescence.

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
I took a small detour to walk past my local mac on the way to work this morning, and they had the holiday sets out (apart from mischief makers), so I went back and played with it all at lunch time.

I have to say, I was a bit disappointed with the colour collection and palettes this year. I wanted to love them, I really did, but they all seemed so dupable.

The lip and eye kits, if you don't already have the stuff that's in them, are really pretty though! I really liked dreamy lipstick, it has a beautiful green irridescence.

Ooh you're lucky. I walked the long way back to work from lunch for “some exercise” and just so happened to peek into my local freestanding store (ie stood gorping through the window) and they didn’t have it out yet. Just old news Style Black
lol.gif

Tbh, im not really feeling much of the collection at the moment. The only thing I definitely need is Boy Bait. Blue Sorcery looks cute, but I dont know if I will actually get much use out of it. Will have to see. Seeing a collection in person can really make or break it for me.

PixiLaura

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi

I'm really interested in blue sorcery but i can't tell from the swatches what it is gonna look like and I've been really disappointed with MAC supposedly turquoise ES before which are actually blue. What's the colour like in your opinion?

I ordered this morning for AM delivery tomorrow (yay) the few bits a definitely wanted,
superdupernatural blush
midnight madness MES
partial to pink cremesheen

don't know if it's wirth me ordering again for blue sorcery, I love pure turquoise colours with a passion but might have to wait til saturday to go to a counter n see if its worth it

kelly2509t

Before it was release I had quite a clear idea of what I wanted, but now I'm not sure. How annoying
ssad.gif
. I keep staring at the website hoping to make my mind up but it's not working. Starting to think maybe I just want the palettes, mini lipglosses etc... because their cute and its the holiday collection.

Anyone got any recommendations on what is a must have, or defiantly something to look at?

anita22

Quote:
Before it was release I had quite a clear idea of what I wanted, but now I'm not sure. How annoying
ssad.gif
. I keep staring at the website hoping to make my mind up but it's not working. Starting to think maybe I just want the palettes, mini lipglosses etc... because their cute and its the holiday collection.

Anyone got any recommendations on what is a must have, or defiantly something to look at?

Personally the items I've regretted not buying most from past holiday collections have been the neutral palettes. Whenever I travel anywhere I always take at least some neutral shadows, & it's a time saver not to have to think about making up a custom 4-pan palette. I haven't seen this year's collection in person yet (will go to MAC tomorrow) but I definitely want this year's neutral kit (Smoke & Mirrors) as it seems to have a lot of soft everyday colours.

I also love the mini lipglass sets & usually get one every year. I think they're a great way to try out new shades & also a handy size. I love that this year they've grouped the softer, more natural shades into one kit (Sexy Shenanigans) since I generally don't get much wear from bright colours. It just depends on your taste of course, but this set is also on my list :) If you like bright/bold colours, I'd pick one of the other lipglass kits and maybe the Cool eye palette.

kelly2509t

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
Personally the items I've regretted not buying most from past holiday collections have been the neutral palettes. Whenever I travel anywhere I always take at least some neutral shadows, & it's a time saver not to have to think about making up a custom 4-pan palette. I haven't seen this year's collection in person yet (will go to MAC tomorrow) but I definitely want this year's neutral kit (Smoke & Mirrors) as it seems to have a lot of soft everyday colours.

I also love the mini lipglass sets & usually get one every year. I think they're a great way to try out new shades & also a handy size. I love that this year they've grouped the softer, more natural shades into one kit (Sexy Shenanigans) since I generally don't get much wear from bright colours. It just depends on your taste of course, but this set is also on my list :) If you like bright/bold colours, I'd pick one of the other lipglass kits and maybe the Cool eye palette.

Thanks for the help
smiles.gif

That's what I think I'm going to do. I've had my eyes on the Smoke and Mirrors palette anyway. Just deciding on what lip set to get. I was planning on the Sexy Shenanigans set, but since looking at the Frisky Business set I think Ive changed my mind. May just have to ask for the other set for Christmas
smiles.gif

anita22

Quote:
Thanks for the help
smiles.gif

That's what I think I'm going to do. I've had my eyes on the Smoke and Mirrors palette anyway. Just deciding on what lip set to get. I was planning on the Sexy Shenanigans set, but since looking at the Frisky Business set I think Ive changed my mind. May just have to ask for the other set for Christmas
smiles.gif

Good plan
greengrin.gif

Well I went to Debenhams today, they had 10% off all MAC (yessss) plus 10 pounds worth of beauty club points if you spent 50 pounds. I ended up getting the Smoke & Mirrors set, I had a little play earlier & it's definitely a soft look. The shadows are quite sheer and most feel like Satin texture.

They didn't have the lipglass sets out (the girl at the counter said we wouldn't get them at the Oxford counter - just stores and online only). So that was a bit disappointing.

I also tried on some of the shades from the Sorceress palette, the purples were nice, but the greeny-grey shade (top centre) just made me look ill. I guess if you're colouring isn't so warm, or if you like colours like Vex that have that greenish tinge, then you might like it - but it really put me off.

I'm tempted to go back and get Superdupernatural Mineralize blush, it was soooo pigmented (I have Dainty and it hardly shows up on me). Also the neutral lip kit was very cute
sneaky.gif

kelly2509t

There isn't a MAC in my local Debenhams, damn
ssad.gif
. My local MAC is in House of Fraser so guessing they won't carry the Mischief Makers sets either. I'm going tomorrow to have a play with the products and that's what I was hoping to see.

I like the look of the Sorceress palette but I have so many purples I don't think I need anymore. The other palettes don't really grab my attention but that may change tomorrow.

DirtyPlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
Good plan
greengrin.gif

They didn't have the lipglass sets out (the girl at the counter said we wouldn't get them at the Oxford counter - just stores and online only). So that was a bit disappointing.

Hmmmm... try again cos Im certain all locations will get the sets... they come out later in the month (19th) - the only thing we wont get everywhere are the lash and minz sets.

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiLaura
I'm really interested in blue sorcery but i can't tell from the swatches what it is gonna look like and I've been really disappointed with MAC supposedly turquoise ES before which are actually blue. What's the colour like in your opinion?

When I swatched blue sorcery in store it reminded me of parrot. I've swatched them against each other tonight and they're definitely similar in terms of the colour family- they both have the same goldy/green sheen to them, but blue sorcery has slightly more of a green base to it. I think if you're looking for a true turquoise colour, you might be disappointed (but it's still gorgeous!).

In terms of the items from the collection the eye bag with shimmertime in it is gorgeous (but only if you don't have shimmertime already), the mineralise eyeshadows have really smooth application (on the bases, the glitter part is pretty rubbish), but the colours are easily dupable. Superdupernatural blush is absolutely gorgeous - it has a similar sheen to pink bronze pigment.

The palettes are pretty, but would definitely recommend playing with them before buying. All of the palettes have some gorgeous colours, but some of the colours have a poor payoff, so go see them if you can!

Kirsty

Yay i'm excited, going swatching today. I was soo sad I couldn't go yesterday. Had to got to the vet
ssad.gif
Roll on 12.30!

P.S I wish my local HoF/Debenhams had a MAC, or NARS for that matter. They're both rubbish!

inconspicuous

In the end I ordered online and got named day delivery so it came yesterday while I was off work <3

I really need to sing the praises of the Smoke And Mirrors eye palette. I'm so in love it's not funny. I wore it yesterday to just wander around the mall, and again today for work. So pretty. As others have said though, you might want to have a look in person because some of the colours might be dupe-able (I don't have anything too similar though so I love it)

I'm tempted to go to my MAC counter to look at the mineralize blushes though, I'm just not sure whether they'd be TOO pigmented for my pale skin..

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconspicuous
I'm tempted to go to my MAC counter to look at the mineralize blushes though, I'm just not sure whether they'd be TOO pigmented for my pale skin..

My sentiments exactly. I just got back from my swatchathon. I think even with pale skin you could pull off superdupernatural. It's very pretty and peachy/coral. With a light hand and a 131 (or sim.) I can see this working on everybody.
I personally don't think being as pale as I am (NC15) that I could make conjure up work. It's a gorgeous plum colour, but as it's very pigmented, could look over kill.

Right..

I completely agree that Blue Sorcery looks an awful lot like Parrot. If you dont have Parrot I highly recommend it. It's lovely, pigmented and butter soft. The silver glitter half looks really pretty over the top. I have parrott (which strangely i'm wearing today) so didn't get this.
n.b. A possible dupe is shimmemoss & fresh water together
I didn't even look at the other MES as they didn't interest me.

I got Boy Bait as I had planned, but left Ever So Rich. This on my hand just looked clear with a teeeny bit of purple. I know a lot of people use this over lavender whip/fashion mews but I have Eclectic Edge for that. Partial to Pink was a bit more pigmented, a cute colour. Just not a must have for me.

As previously mentioned Superdupernatural was very cute. However I have way too many MSF's to even think about buying a blush right now. (Redhead will do me for now). A shame because I love the name :)

The winners of the collection in my opinion are the dazzleglasses. I got She Zam and Jingle Jangle. I was expecting them to just have silver glitter in them. But no they had like multi colour reflects glitter (best way i can describe it). She-Zam reminds me of snowscene (a white gloss with multi colour reflects. I think it is snowscene. might be wrong). So pretty. I hadn't planned on getting these but couldn't leave without them. Phiff wasn't as special as these two.

I only looked at the Sorceress palette. Ive never really been a kit/palette girl as I normally only use 1-2 colours and its not good value. The pale lilac shadow in Sorceress was very pretty. The dark grey glittery shade was like a rubbish, un-pigmented black tied (this was a really quick back of hand swatch. With a base & a brush might work better). None the less this will be on my christmas list.

I also really want the 181SE brush, so am adding it to my wish list.
smiles.gif

Phew, essay finished
Even though I have been a bit harsh this collection is a lovely one and looks great in the store as a whole.

In the end I left with the 3 glosses....for now.
winkiss.gif

LMD84

got all my goodies delivered today and i love them all!

and yes Kirsty snowscene is the gloss you're thinking of
smiles.gif

i'm really pale faced and i got sdn. i used a fluffy brush like teh 129 with a light hand to stop it being too much. and use a little and build it up
smiles.gif

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
and yes Kirsty snowscene is the gloss you're thinking of
smiles.gif

Thanks chick! enjoy your goodies
winks.gif

What else did you get?

kelly2509t

Just got back from MAC and got a couple of goodies
smiles.gif
Two items I knew I was going to buy and one was a surprise.

I got Smoke and Mirrors palette as planned. The colours are gorg and so wearable so I know i'll get good use out of it. The others were pretty but didn't catch my eye as much. I also go She-Zam and LOVE it! I already have a silver-ish lipgloss and it's coming to the end of its days so this was a must have for me. And the suprised...Suprise me lipstick. Such a nice coral shade and looks fab with She-Zam over the top. Oh and its a Lustre <3

I'm putting myself on a lustre no buy for a month or two. Thats all I'll buy I need to venture into other Lipstick finishes.

I also got a sample of Naked pigment which i'm very happy about. It was a very genourous sample too
greengrin.gif
Just a shame they didn't have the full size one there...the hunt goes on.

Oh one last thing I also got the MAC charity gift tag, there actually really nice. Don't think Ill be using them as tags though. There too pretty to be thrown away!

All that's left for the holiday collection is to order my set of mini lipglass/lustreglass and then im on a no buy til Love Lace comes out.

Can't wait to hear what all you ladies got and love
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
Thanks chick! enjoy your goodies
winks.gif

What else did you get?

i got -

jingle jangle dazzleglass
sdn blush
utter fun lipstick
sorceress palette
frisky gloss kit
sexy gloss kit!

spent quite a bit in total!
mac_haul.gif
but love it all!
thmbup.gif

kelly2509t

Your going to have fun playing with all of that. I liked the look of Jingle Jangle but resisted.

You got both of the lip sets I want. One I'm going to buy and the other I'm going to ask for Christmas. Can't decide which one I want first though

nunu

Did you guys see the the lipgloss and pigment sets at your store??

They are available online but when i went today they weren't out in the free standing store..

I really want to get 1 or 2 pigment sets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts