Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

inconspicuous

Ooh thanks for the tips ladies. I'm going to Meadowhall tomorrow with my aunt to pick up a watch from a repair place, so I'll hit Debenhams and have a quick look at the blushes. Superdupernatural was on my list at first but then I thought it would be too much (I'm NC15 too if not a touch paler)... but if I can make it work I'll probably buy it, I'm in love with the colour.

I also want to see the dazzleglasses and cremesheens in person, since I've seen swatches that I loved and hated so I want to have a look-see myself.

I've already bought so much though...

Two eye bags (the eye one and the.. I can't remember what it was called but the one with the 190 in it lol)
All 3 pigment sets (I only have a few pigments so it was a nice way to boost my collection up a little)
And all four eye palettes.

I'm the first to admit, I'm a total eyeshadow junkie, it's like a full on addiction!

inconspicuous

Wow also, after I managed to buy all my items on the website, I filled in the shopzilla survey and left some bad feedback because I was having MAJOR issues with the new layout. I didn't expect anything to come of it but someone just emailed me back asking me for further feedback and comments as to what/why I didn't like the new layout. Which I think is good, it shows they're actually listening to the customers' feedback.

kelly2509t

No
ssad.gif
My local MAC is a counter in House of Fraser so I don't think there getting them. Mind you I didn't ask so who knows. I'm going to order my lipgloss sets on the web. I just hate waiting for them to be posted
ssad.gif

I don't like the new website. the old one was fine as it was so why they changed it I have no idea.

inconspicuous

Well when I ordered on Tuesday they let me get named day shipping two days later for only £2, so you may not have to wait for long for them to come =]

I agree, I hate the new website so I replied giving a long list of reasons I dislike it (it's so slow, no way to easily enter numbers for a bunch of different products and press add once to add it all to your cart, half the time the Add To Cart button doesn't work for me etc) so maybe if we keep complaining about it they'll change it back?

Also, in my post above I wrote "eye bags" when I meant "brush bags" lol. For some reason my internet is being dumb and won't let me edit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Did you guys see the the lipgloss and pigment sets at your store??

They are available online but when i went today they weren't out in the free standing store..

I really want to get 1 or 2 pigment sets!

i asked my MAC ma and she told me for the UK the pigment and lipglass sets are not gonna be in the MACs untill 1st December but you can get them online from the website which is what i did i can do some swatches of the pigments for u i got two pigment sets and the three mini lipglass sets

nunu

Thanks for your response! I am eyeing up the smokey one.
Which ones did you get?

your welcome
smiles.gif
i got in the pigments sets sexpot and i got haute high jinks i was going to get the other pigment set but i ended up getting the three lip sets haha

tomorrow i will do the swatches cause my lighting is all kinds of bad tonight for some odd reason my camera is not complying *grumble*

kelly2509t

That's not bad for named delivery! Might just have to wander over to the website (Yep online shopping at 12.48 in the morn)

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjodie
i asked my MAC ma and she told me for the UK the pigment and lipglass sets are not gonna be in the MACs untill 1st December but you can get them online from the website which is what i did i can do some swatches of the pigments for u i got two pigment sets and the three mini lipglass sets

Is your MAC a store or a counter? If there coming out at counters I'll wait so I can actually play with them before I decide. Some swatches would be great though. I'm undecided between Frisky Business and Sexy Shenanigans lipglass sets. Which one out of those two are your fav? I can't decide
ssad.gif

mine is classed as a counter because its not a stand alone shop its part of a mini mall type complex
smiles.gif

theres nothing wrong with late late shopping hehe

well i found it hard choosing between all three hehe but ide say (without swatches at the min its gonna be hard to choose for you) but the sexy shananigans set has lipglasses and lustreglasses which all have a sort of golden peach undertones to .. im a sucker for nude variations of lips which is why i got this particular set .. these lipglasses will look great ontop of myth, snob, st jarmain .. those type of pale frosted type lipsticks

the frisky business set has lipglasses and lustreglasses which are more pinky undertoned in colour ... pigmentation of this lipglass set is the better between this lipglass set and sexy shananigans .. also in this set theres more variation of colour between the five lipglasses and lustreglasses as oposed to in the sexy shanangans set .. so some things to keep in mind
smiles.gif
i think though the sexy shanaigans set would look fantastic over lipsticks whereas i think the frisky business lipglass set can be worn with or without a lipstick underneath

just my humble opinion

i havent had a chance to try any of either two lip sets on just yet been playing around with my models misbehaving set (the darker shades) which if your into mauve, purples lipglasses with copper undertones to then that is deffinately a great lipglass set to choose .. im nc15 (nc10 in satin foundation) but they still look good on me but darker shade skintones i reckon could still wear the lipglass great theres one lipglass called gitane in that set (models misbehaving lipglass set) which i adore it reminds me a little bit of one of the new dazzlecremes the darkish red one ... super pretty
smiles.gif

anita22

I think I might have to go back and get Superdupernatural blush. It just looked like the perfect warm deep peachy colour. If the lipglass sets won't be in stores for a while then then I have a little more in this month's budget for a blush
smiles.gif

inconspicuous

I have to say, I'm kind of glad that it's only Boutique Budoir that's out here next month... after the holiday collection I need a month off big time lol

anita22

I went back for SDN blush. I also got the Heavenly Dish neutral lip kit
sneaky.gif
. It's been a long time since I got any lip palettes from MAC but this one is particularly nice - both lipsticks are lustres and very soft, natural shades. The gloss has no pigmentation and just goes on clear basically, but overall I think it's a nice match for the Smoke & Mirrors eye palette - a soft, everyday look.

kelly2509t

Fingers crossed my MAC with get the sets then. I'm so tempted just to order them though so I get to play with them
smiles.gif
I do think I'm siding towards the Frisky Business set though. I need more colours like that in my collection.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconspicuous
I have to say, I'm kind of glad that it's only Boutique Budoir that's out here next month... after the holiday collection I need a month off big time lol

i couldn't agree more! and the couple of bb items i want, hubby is getting me them as a christmas pressie so it'll be a mac free december for me! well.... not including any purchases in the clearence bin or from love-makeup.co.uk!
tong.gif

ok so here are the swatches of the pigment sets and lipglass sets as promised .. yes the lighting is still bluegh but i didnt want to not post these cause i promised them haha so here they are the lipkits swatches and my pigment swatches ..

LIP SETS

below is the lip Set called Frisky Business the swatches are true to the colour of the packaging i found which is good i hate when the colour of the product in the tubing is lighter or darker than what it first seems

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...g?t=1257624721

the next lip set is called Sexy Shanigans i have some lipglasses and glosses which are similiar to this set very sheer colours still pretty though
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...g?t=1257625036

the next lip set is called Models Misbehaving im not really into dark shades on my lips but i LOVE this set soooo much
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...g?t=1257625069

PIGMENT SETS

the first set is called High Haute Jinks its really a set of sheer beige toned pigments very beautiful colours
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...g?t=1257625196

the next set is called Sexpot this is my favourite pigment set
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...g?t=1257625268

my skintone is NC15 sometimes NC10 (yes im a pale chickadee hehe)

inconspicuous

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i couldn't agree more! and the couple of bb items i want, hubby is getting me them as a christmas pressie so it'll be a mac free december for me! well.... not including any purchases in the clearence bin or from love-makeup.co.uk!
tong.gif

Haha exactly. I just want the compact from BB so I'll save a lot from what I spent this month. Which leaves me a little leeway to hunt for some other things I want (like I really want the Tone: Grey quad, but I so can't afford it until next month)

I went back this afternoon and got Superdupernatural blush. I love it, so glad I went! They didn't get Conjure Up in stock though so I didn't get a chance to check it out =[

banana1234

so, i went to that new shopping centre in london called westfield, that mac shop there is awful, the people are so rude, and there's a security man on the door only letting one in when someone comes out! it was stupid, so bad i waited for 30 mins to get one thing, and ended up asking if it was alright for me to just grab it off the shelf myself.
the MAs make up was awful, they all had hideous coloured hair (bright yellow hair looks good on noone, niether does neon orange)
eugh!
they said to me when i paid 'so who helped you pick this' so they would get commission! i said NO ONE and looked pretty pissed about it
they had also glued all the holiday testers shut... WTF is that all about

Rant over!

kelly2509t

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
so, i went to that new shopping centre in london called westfield, that mac shop there is awful, the people are so rude, and there's a security man on the door only letting one in when someone comes out! it was stupid, so bad i waited for 30 mins to get one thing, and ended up asking if it was alright for me to just grab it off the shelf myself.
the MAs make up was awful, they all had hideous coloured hair (bright yellow hair looks good on noone, niether does neon orange)
eugh!
they said to me when i paid 'so who helped you pick this' so they would get commission! i said NO ONE and looked pretty pissed about it
they had also glued all the holiday testers shut... WTF is that all about

Rant over!

That's so bad! Never been to that MAC but I'm going to Westfield at the end of Nov so was thinking of popping in. Think I might have changed my mind now. You could be waiting ages outside (like you did) just to get a couple of pieces. Was it really busy inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts