Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMD84

i've heard many people complain about the mac shop in westfield, london. not good
ssad.gif

at least you got your stuff hun, even if you did pick it yourself!

Kirsty

I popped into New Look today and noticed they had a load of the Barbie "All Doll'd Up" collection in. Defo worth a nosey.

A few bits were a bit crappy, but I picked up the Day & Night palette. A double sided palette with cuuute packaging.

You can check out a few items out here
Barbie
They have more in store eg. a smokey eye palette (in the same packing as the blush), set of 8 lipglosses, lip balms, double wand mascara.

x

LMD84

wow! i didn't know new look where doing something like that! the barbie lashes look cute! thanks for sharing the info! i shall pop into my local new look on my lunch break tommrow!
smiles.gif

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
so, i went to that new shopping centre in london called westfield, that mac shop there is awful, the people are so rude, and there's a security man on the door only letting one in when someone comes out! it was stupid, so bad i waited for 30 mins to get one thing, and ended up asking if it was alright for me to just grab it off the shelf myself.
the MAs make up was awful, they all had hideous coloured hair (bright yellow hair looks good on noone, niether does neon orange)
eugh!
they said to me when i paid 'so who helped you pick this' so they would get commission! i said NO ONE and looked pretty pissed about it
they had also glued all the holiday testers shut... WTF is that all about

Rant over!

That's shocking. I've been to that Westfield a few times now, I've not spent much time in that particular MAC but now I think won't bother. There's an Inglot store next to the Boots in there, so I always head over there. The staff are lovely and it's always much less busy. (Not sure why, the products are quite good and a lot cheaper too..!)

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i've heard many people complain about the mac shop in westfield, london. not good
ssad.gif

at least you got your stuff hun, even if you did pick it yourself!

hehe i was my own MA that day! lol, as it turns out, i knew what i wanted, i caved and got the fun in the sun kit... i went round the whole of westfield and only bought a couple things, so i thought i deserved it,you know i was umming and ahhing about it for ages, glad i got it, but nuance makes me look a bit orange and i wore play on plums today, and i actually really like it, shimpagne is lovely
love.gif

i would never go to the westfield mac again, i'd rather go to the pro store in soho

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
That's shocking. I've been to that Westfield a few times now, I've not spent much time in that particular MAC but now I think won't bother. There's an Inglot store next to the Boots in there, so I always head over there. The staff are lovely and it's always much less busy. (Not sure why, the products are quite good and a lot cheaper too..!)

i love inglot
smiles.gif
yahoo.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
hehe i was my own MA that day! lol, as it turns out, i knew what i wanted, i caved and got the fun in the sun kit... i went round the whole of westfield and only bought a couple things, so i thought i deserved it,you know i was umming and ahhing about it for ages, glad i got it, but nuance makes me look a bit orange and i wore play on plums today, and i actually really like it, shimpagne is lovely
love.gif

i would never go to the westfield mac again, i'd rather go to the pro store in soho

ah i'm pleased you got the kit! shimpagne really is lovely! mine arrived from a sale in teh clearence bin last week so i was super happy too!
smiles.gif
i hope you get lots of use out of it! what is the little brush like? good quality?

banana1234

its okay, i wouldnt use it with either the blush or msf though, its more of a buffer, if you load too much on, cos it just kind of picks up the colour so well, if you were to use it to apply cheek colour etc, you'd end up with way too much, it would be good for things that require a heavy hand to show up

Cindy1969

I was in London last week, for a couple of days ( I love London !!!!)
It was my first time here, and on my list was a visit to Westfield Shopping Centre, i went there, but did'nt saw a MAC store (overwhelmed by the number of shops haha)
I did went into the Inglot store, read a lot about this brand on the internet.
Love the shop, and the girls working here, so nice and friendly and helpfull.

Next year i wan't to go back for London for a few day, London is great for shopping, we don't have such fantastic shopping streets like Oxford Street and Westfield in the Netherlands
ssad.gif

kelly2509t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy1969
I was in London last week, for a couple of days ( I love London !!!!)
It was my first time here, and on my list was a visit to Westfield Shopping Centre, i went there, but did'nt saw a MAC store (overwhelmed by the number of shops haha)
I did went into the Inglot store, read a lot about this brand on the internet.
Love the shop, and the girls working here, so nice and friendly and helpfull.

Next year i wan't to go back for London for a few day, London is great for shopping, we don't have such fantastic shopping streets like Oxford Street and Westfield in the Netherlands
ssad.gif

I think I was a bit like you! There so many shops there your bound to miss some out. I didn't see MAC, but mind you I wasn't into MAC then so maybe thats why. I think I went into Inglot by accident but not sure if it was it or not. They had loads of different nail polishes that's all I remember
smiles.gif
I'm luckly that London is 30mins away on a train, mind you that's not always a good thing! (bad for the money)

Cindy1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly2509t
I think I was a bit like you! There so many shops there your bound to miss some out. I didn't see MAC, but mind you I wasn't into MAC then so maybe thats why. I think I went into Inglot by accident but not sure if it was it or not. They had loads of different nail polishes that's all I remember
smiles.gif
I'm luckly that London is 30mins away on a train, mind you that's not always a good thing! (bad for the money)

Haha, it's indeed bad for the money ! I spend way too much in London
greengrin.gif

But lucky you when you live so close to London !

Tomorrow i'm going to do some shopping in Amsterdam, but compared to London Amsterdam is crap
ssad.gif

(the stores in Londen are so great, Miss Selfridges, Debenhams(?), and Harrods etc., i love them !)

kelly2509t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy1969
Haha, it's indeed bad for the money ! I spend way too much in London
greengrin.gif

But lucky you when you live so close to London !

Tomorrow i'm going to do some shopping in Amsterdam, but compared to London Amsterdam is crap
ssad.gif

(the stores in Londen are so great, Miss Selfridges, Debenhams(?), and Harrods etc., i love them !)

You have to spend too much money in London. I don't know what it is but it makes you buy more.

Even though I live quite close I've never been in Harrods.

Sojourner

^ I think I know what it is about Central London at least, it's all the fabulous, beautiful people you see on the street, they make you feel like you gotta keep up
tong.gif

banana1234

i missed it at first too, but had to look at a map, cos i really wanted to go there, i hate it when u look forward to something, and then are totally disapointed

Cerydwen

I agree with what the other posters have said about the MAC shop at Westfield - I can just about put up with the security guard on the door restricting access, as I understand that it's a small shop and the staff can only deal with so many clientelle at a time, but I have consistently found that once I am inside, the staff try their best to ignore me
ssad.gif
As a previous poster said, bright yellow or blue hair, copious piercings and tattoos and makeup that looks like it's been applied by a 3-year-old aren't appealing looks either, so the appearance of the MUAs didn't inspire me with confidence. Most of what I was after was out of stock, so I ended up coming home and ordering online without the benefit of testing first, and to top it all off, the security guard refused my 18 year old daughter access when she wanted to come in to join me in the store.

I wouldn't be surprised if the store is losing money hand over fist to the much more pleasant Inglot store opposite.

I recommend that MAC customers try Brent Cross instead, or go into central London.

PixiLaura

Does anyone know the exact date we're getting baroque boudoir in the UK yet? We got MM&M a week or 10 days after the US so does that mean we'll be getting it 1st thursday of december??? here's hoping that we do!

Princesa Livia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiLaura
Does anyone know the exact date we're getting baroque boudoir in the UK yet? We got MM&M a week or 10 days after the US so does that mean we'll be getting it 1st thursday of december??? here's hoping that we do!

And does anyone know how much the BB lipsticks are gonna cost?..
greengrin.gif

anti_starlet8

Can't believe that about the Westfield MAC, what a joke! They're going to lose so many sales with that attitude! If you're in London you may as well go to the standalone stores in town, I won't go to any store other than the one in Soho, they're all lovely in there and they remember me when I come in (usually cos I drop a lot of cash!). I think I want a few bits from BB, what is the actual release date for that collection?

PixiLaura

Aha, it's on the UK website now!! So i guess it should be in the stores tomorrow, first thursday of the month as hoped for

Kirsty

I'm skipping this collection.
th_DANCE.gif
The only things that interests me are the lipsticks, however they are Lustres (i'm not a huge fan of this formula, I find they wear off after 2 minutes)

Cute packaging though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts