greengrin.gif

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaOrestea
Awww booooo
I was hoping for boxing day.
Really excited about the MSF's from Warm and Cozy
greengrin.gif

Give your counter a call if you can get someone that knows about the collection. From the last couple of years it seems that we usually get the boxing day collections on the same day as the US (I remember buying dame edna and chill about December 27th last year in store and online). I gave my counter a call earlier and they confirmed they would have the stock available from the first opening day after boxing day, but it might vary, as it seems everyone has been given different info!

DirtyPlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
Give your counter a call .I gave my counter a call earlier and they confirmed they would have the stock available from the first opening day after boxing day, but it might vary, as it seems everyone has been given different info!

Yep deffo worth doing...

Kirsty

Yay, last day at work before xmas. What better reason to break out the gareish christmas hair bobbles, red glitter n/p & Queens Sin *feels festive*
smiles.gif

LisaOrestea

Haha, yeah Im thinking about going a bit christmassy with the makeup today.

Just gotta actually think something up now :p

GoldenFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaOrestea
Haha, yeah Im thinking about going a bit christmassy with the makeup today.

Just gotta actually think something up now :p

Go for it! I've got my Christmas party tonight and it's my last day before Christmas too
winks.gif

Kirsty

Awh, we don't get a christmas party this year.
ssad.gif
We have had champagne & Thorntons chocolates though today, which was nice. What are you doing for you xmas do Sharon?

Just looked and 95% of the Baroque Boudoir collection is sold out.
oh.gif
I didn't think it would be that popular, wow. I wasn't bothered about it before, but now seeing that, makes me regret skipping. Whats wrong with me? lol

GoldenFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
Awh, we don't get a christmas party this year.
ssad.gif
We have had champagne & Thorntons chocolates though today, which was nice. What are you doing for you xmas do Sharon?

Just looked and 95% of the Baroque Boudoir collection is sold out.
oh.gif
I didn't think it would be that popular, wow. I wasn't bothered about it before, but now seeing that, makes me regret skipping. Whats wrong with me? lol

Awww champagne and chocolates sounds nice! We had a party in a bar in London but it was very low key. There was only sparkling wine and a buffet where meager potions of a two course dinner was served - can't complain too much though a lot of places aren't even having a Christmas do.

Yes I'm surprised about the BB collection! I'm looking forward to warm and cozy though and so have saved for that instead. I was told at my local counter that it is released on the 28th...

anita22

So, does anyone have a heads up on where the best beauty deals might be on for Boxing Day? (This is my first one spent in the UK!). I need to do some MAC re-stocking, plus I'm on the lookout for gift sets from other brands too. Thanks!
smiles.gif

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
So, does anyone have a heads up on where the best beauty deals might be on for Boxing Day? (This is my first one spent in the UK!). I need to do some MAC re-stocking, plus I'm on the lookout for gift sets from other brands too. Thanks!
smiles.gif

Depending on what you're looking for, and what time you're starting, boots is always worth a visit as most of their gift items are reduced to half price in the sale (but the best stuff is always cleared out really really early!)

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
Depending on what you're looking for, and what time you're starting, boots is always worth a visit as most of their gift items are reduced to half price in the sale (but the best stuff is always cleared out really really early!)

Cool, thank you!! (I'm happy to forego some beauty sleep for the sake of a good deal..)
smiles.gif

amy_forster

I just spoke to my local store & they said love lace / warm & cozy would be on counter on wednesday! I still hope it gets released tomorrow though!

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_forster
I just spoke to my local store & they said love lace / warm & cozy would be on counter on wednesday! I still hope it gets released tomorrow though!

Dang, I am leaving for holidays tomorrow. I will have to wait until I get back... hopefully nothing is sold out! I really want Love Lace eyeshadow. ( I would order online but I'd rather see it in person just in case.)

angi

Just went to my counter and they had warm and cozy and love lace out. Yay!

I got by candlelight msf, cuddle SS, feeling dreamy lg, utterly discrete lg, suave intentions es and I b2m'ed for intricate lipstick

I have to say, I wasn't all that impressed by the collections. They seemed a bit, uninspired, especially the eyeshadows, I swatched them all and kind of got the feeling I'd seen them all before.

I also saw the new pigment jars! I really dislike them. They had them in the storage areas in the middle of the counter, they still had all the full size ones out on the main display. They are really fiddly.

anita22

So I stopped by my counter today and they had Warm and Cozy sitting behind the counter, but the Love Lace stand was still empty. So I did NOT get to see or swatch anything! :-( Apparently they will not be for sale until tomorrow (at least at my counter anyway). I wonder when it'll be online??

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
So I stopped by my counter today and they had Warm and Cozy sitting behind the counter, but the Love Lace stand was still empty. So I did NOT get to see or swatch anything! :-( Apparently they will not be for sale until tomorrow (at least at my counter anyway). I wonder when it'll be online??

That's rubbish, you couldn't even get to play with it!?

I would think that things will start showing up online tomorrow/ wednesday as they'll (presumably) be the first couple of days back to work for the website designers

amy_forster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_forster

So much for it being released on wednesday! Having read the post about it being out elsewhere yesterday, I decided to pop down to Nottingham to visit my favourite store and see if it was on counter & there it all was!

I have to say, don't hate me, but I'm not a lover of the Love Lace collection.
th_dunno.gif
However, I'm really into my neutral colours at the moment and soft looks so the Warm & Cosy collection was perfect timing for all my neutral lemmings! I got quite a few bits so here goes the list...

Nurture & Relaxed shadesticks - I'm really loving my shadesticks at the moment & these 2 are great additions to my kit. Relaxed is a really nice, dark brown colour, just enough red in it so's I don't look like I have red eyes, whic isn't a good look combined with my hair! Nuture is soooo pretty & I think it will become a staple for me, I even bought a backup which is unusual for me. I get the feeling it will get a lot of use, especially on my lazy days

By Candlelight MSF - Love my MSFs and the texture of the ones from W&C is lovely, not too chunky! The more bronze of the two was too orange for my skin but By Candlelight is gorgeous! Its a really lovely colour, not too pink & not too peach, just right.

Feeling Dreamy Lipglass - I'm trying to cut down on the lip stuff I buy (well on it all really but
mac_addict.gif
), but there was something about this one that drew me in! It has a really cute sparkle to it & I'm sure I can get away with it to work without looking like I covered my lips in glitter (although I have been known to do that sometimes!).

Feelin' Good Tinted Lip Conditioner - I tend to use a lot of balm and its always nice when they have a bit of colour in. Not something I'll really use in my kit, more something I'll keep in my bag but its pretty and nice for everyday! Not an essential purchase, but who cares, its christmas...sort of!

Chamomile, Modelette & Mulled Cider Eyeshadows - Although people would say these are easily duped, it was the texture I liked most about them. ey're going to be perfect for creating a neutral day eye but could be used to create a subtle, smokey eye as well. A great all rounder & I'd definitely recommend them.

So, overall, thats what came home with me & my thoughts on the collections! I could probably type more but I think this is essay-esque enough!

Blushbaby

I called the Soho Pro store this morning and was told it's out in the back but they need to get it okayed or some crap and that there was nobody available to do it.

Called Covent Garden and they have both collections, so I went there today and got my bits.

They're also out in Selfridges too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts