Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT
Scary that when I started buying MAC they were always £14! I still think of them as £14 despite the fact they are now £16.50, it's quite a dramatic increase really.

And also just because I haven't seen this anywhere in the last couple of pages of the thread, do we have an actual release date for Spring Colour Forecast? I also presume all of the little shade collections will come out at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly2509t
I was going to order a blush the other day, but £16.50 I stopped myself.

I remember when eyeshadows in the pot were £9.79! Bare in mind I only started buying MAC in May '09. The prices have gone up fast!

yep the price increases are insane! i think we pay too much on some products anyways compared to the usa
ssad.gif

and i imagine spring forecast will be out first thurs of march.... although people mentioned it was going to be one part a week in the usa and that didn't seem to happen. so maybe we'll get it all at once too?

inconspicuous

Good news for me - my best friend's mom texted me over the weekend to say she managed to get So Sweet,So Easy and is going to send it over to me. So excited. She said the store had quite a few left, but when I got my other friend to call around to see if she could pick up an extra (for a friend of mine here in the UK), she said everywhere was sold out now. I'm glad I managed to get one while I could >.<

Spring Colour Forecast is going to KILL me. I'm trying to save up as much money as is humanly possible for my 4-week trip to Canada this summer... but I want SO much from SCF. I need to be ruthless and cut back! I do not NEED 5 new lipsticks. ...or at least, I keep trying to tell myself.

inconspicuous

Ah and I agree about the prices. We pay £12 for a lipstick that only costs, what is it now, $14 in America? £12 is more like nearly $20, it's disgusting.

kelly2509t

Yeh I think Australia get it much worse than us. It is disgusting though how much more we have to pay compared to the US. But I suppose it is a US brand so that's why

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconspicuous
Spring Colour Forecast is going to KILL me. I need to be ruthless and cut back! I do not NEED 5 new lipsticks. ...or at least, I keep trying to tell myself.

That's what I keep telling myself too! My SCF list currently totals about £200 - there's just no way I can justify spending that
ssad.gif

In case any ones lemming anything (but obviously, not to make you spend MORE money!), make sure you're searching the mac website. I'd been lemming blood red lipstick from D squared, I passed over it at the time as I just didn't think it was special enough, but I regretted it! It was on the goodbyes for a while but disappeared about a month ago. When I placed my order last week I thought I'd give it a search, just in case. It showed up, and I ordered it - well whats the worst that could happen - they don't have it, they refund your card, but it arrived with my order! They seem to still have B and V greasepaints too.

I got both the new pigments from all ages all races (hate HATE the new packaging, I might try and get some empty jars to decant into), cross cultural es, banshee es (shouldn't have bothered), preppy lipgelee (LOVE it!), brow set, lucky green, and blood red ls.

kelly2509t

Do any of you know when Spring Colour Forecast is going to be released? I'm assuming the 1st Thursday in March so the 4th.

inconspicuous

I actually called the Pro line today to find out if they had an official UK release date for Spring Colour Forecast. She said they're going to an update meeting in London to find out the details and should have info next week. SO I'm going to try calling on Monday to get the official release dates for Pro/Online/Stores.

It's usually the first Thursday of the month, but I've heard a few places say SFC might be released in 4 separate lots throughout the month, and I want a LOT so I wanted to make sure I knew the release dates beforehand so I don't miss anything like I did with Lillyland =[

I'll let you know once I've spoken to them again (although someone else probably already knows so might be able to tell you before then lol)

kelly2509t

I so hope it's released in four separate lots. I'm going to be so broke next month! I hope there are some rubbish collections coming up I can skip on
smiles.gif

banana1234

i hope its not released in seperate lots, i got on holiday 7th of march and so will miss one of the collections in the week i am away
ssad.gif

thanks for calling up for us though!

LMD84

i hope that it's all coming out on the same day - mainly for shipping reasons!! i don't want to end up paying for delivery on any of it!

kelly2509t

What Viva Glam lipstick are you all getting? Gaga, Cyndi or both?

At the moment I'm getting Cyndi, but I am contemplating getting Gaga too. Not sure Gaga would suit me

dirtyprincess

Well i like the look of the gaga but it looks like st germain in some pictures and st germain looks horrendous on me
thmbdn.gif
so i really need to see it in person.Cyndi however looks very nice so i shall definately get that so at the mo 1 for sure but ill probably end up with both !
lol.gif
Spring colour forcast is going to take loads of my money but my list keeps changing...are you getting anything from that ?

kelly2509t

I was going to, but I've just had to shell out for a new laptop as my pc just broke. So you could say I'm kinda broke
ssad.gif

I want to get a lipgloss from the collection, can't remember what it's called but its bright purple
smiles.gif
Depending on how much the blush ombres are I might skip. I'm going to try and b good and ignore this collection now
ssad.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly2509t
I was going to, but I've just had to shell out for a new laptop as my pc just broke. So you could say I'm kinda broke
ssad.gif

I want to get a lipgloss from the collection, can't remember what it's called but its bright purple
smiles.gif
Depending on how much the blush ombres are I might skip. I'm going to try and b good and ignore this collection now
ssad.gif

oh no! that sucks about your pc
ssad.gif

shmooby

I can't wait for the new viva glams to be released... I really want cyndi! May buy two... I'm in two minds about the gaga one though, do I? Don't I?! Lol. Wish there was a definate exact date for these. Bet I'll be working so I can't go for a swatchy swatch!
thmbdn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts