Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelly2509t

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyprincess
Oh no !!! Poor you,do you mean electric fuchsia ? Hopefully you can get 1 or 2 things honey xxxx

Yep that's the one, looks gorgeous! Hopefully I can, I'll just have to go without food haha

inconspicuous

Ok, I just called the Pro line to find out the release date. And the lady I spoke to seemed kind of clueless to be totally honest with you.

I asked if they had a definite release date when the Spring Colour Collection would be available to order over the phone with them, and explained that I’d heard rumours that because the collection was so large they would be releasing it in four separate batches, so I just wanted to check on the dates.

She wasn’t sure so put me on hold for a bit, and when she came back she said they didn’t have a definite release date, that it was shown on the macpro.com website but that didn’t guarantee it was released over here yet (which I know, we’re usually a few weeks to a month behind).

She also said that it’s “not an actual collection like Lillyland or All Races, it’s just a bunch of colours, but because we don’t have the same products as the US does, we’ll have some of these products in now but not all of them.”

Basically, she seems to be under the impression that it’s just a list of “hot colours for the season” rather than an actual limited edition colour COLLECTION.

So I think I’m going to have to call back and pray to speak to someone else instead…

I also asked about the new Viva Glam lipsticks and she said they’ll be out in March but she couldn’t give me a definite date yet, but said to call back at the beginning of March and they should be able to tell then.

I’ll try calling back on my lunch break to ask about SCF again. Sigh. The chick I spoke to last week “got it” but this girl didn’t seem to know what’s going on.

DirtyPlum

Spring / Summer 2010 Release dates:

March 2010
Spring Colour Forecast (Pink and Coral collections will be main stands and the Plum and Yellow Gold ones will be smaller secondary stands)
Tabloid Beauty
Too Fabulous
Viva Glam - will be LE/available for one year
Riveting - Selfridges and Brown Thomas ONLY

April 2010
Give me Liberty of London
Art Supplies
Prep for Colour

Kirsty

Sorry this may be a dumb Q. When you say only available at Selfridges etc. that means not online, on the MAC site, too right? :S

shmooby

so will the viva glam lipsticks be available for a whole year?... Or are they limited edition once it's gone it's gone type of things? Only the gaga one says 'sold out' on the US website, thought it only said that when it isnt coming back...

LMD84

thanks for the release dates dirtyplum!
smiles.gif
yes march will be a big month for me!
smiles.gif
however i'm a little sad that riviting collection will not be out in normal mac stores, and i doubt it will be online either
ssad.gif

inconspicuous

Oh maan. So I just got a free minute at work and called the Pro line to ask someone else about the Spring Colour Forecast release… and I got the same girl that I spoke to the other day again. And I froze and made an excuse as to why I had to hang up and call back later (I said I needed to put in an order but lost my list lol), and now I’m embarrassed and feel like an idiot lol.

I would have asked her again, but since I’ve got a pretty obvious Canadian accent I’m pretty sure she’d remember me and be like “Why is this idiot asking me the same question twice, I already told her, Christ!”

Haha. I’ll try again another time. Just my luck to get the same person.

AND, thanks for the release breakdown DirtyPlum =]

I’m a little relieved about Riveting not being at my MAC counter or online actually. Since I heard about it, I didn’t want anything from it… then recently I was wavering and was thinking about True Babe l/g and one or two of the matte polishes… But now the decision is made for me and I can’t get them haha. Which is saving me money so I guess I can’t complain.

inconspicuous

Okay! Now we’re getting somewhere! =]

Called back now (I needed to check stock of a paint pot I need anyway) and got through to someone else so I asked her, but she said they didn’t get the release date for SCF at their last update, but that they get up dates pretty frequently and should have more details closer to the time. Sooo she said I should call back at the very end of Feb or first week of March and they’d be able to give me definite details closer to the actual release.

I’m hoping the Pro line releases everything at once.. it’s a big collection but I’d rather just buy everything I want at once at the start of the month so I know where my finances are at / don’t accidentally spend some of my MAC Fund on something else while I’m waiting for them to be released… and also so I don’t have to pay shipping 3 or 4 times =/

DirtyPlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconspicuous
Okay! Now we’re getting somewhere!
I’m hoping the Pro line releases everything at once.. it’s a big collection but I’d rather just buy everything I want at once at the start of the month so I know where my finances are at / don’t accidentally spend some of my MAC Fund on something else while I’m waiting for them to be released… and also so I don’t have to pay shipping 3 or 4 times =/

seriously, i wouldnt worry. I'm pretty sure there will plenty of stock and that they will get it all at once. i'm not sure i understand why you think there wont be?

this is no different to any other big collection and if there will be any time delay i wouldnt imagine it being more than a few days or a week. just assume, as usual that it will be the first week of the month.

its the collections that get a lot of media coverage that i would worry about - like Fafi, Hello Kitty and maybe Liberty of London - not the SCF.

DirtyPlum

Quote:
I actually called the Pro line today to find out if they had an official UK release date for Spring Colour Forecast. She said they're going to an update meeting in London to find out the details and should have info next week. SO I'm going to try calling on Monday to get the official release dates for Pro/Online/Stores.

It's usually the first Thursday of the month, but I've heard a few places say SFC might be released in 4 separate lots throughout the month, and I want a LOT so I wanted to make sure I knew the release dates beforehand so I don't miss anything like I did with Lillyland =[

I'll let you know once I've spoken to them again (although someone else probably already knows so might be able to tell you before then lol)

We didnt get told anything about it being released in four parts. and we dont get told actual DAYS they will be released. It is almost always the first thursday of the month.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide.Candy
Hey Ladies,

Don't suppose theres been any update on the release date for the Cyndi/Gaga Viva Glam lippies yet have there?

on the last page dirtyplum confirmed that they are coming out in march... so i imagine the first thursday as per usual
smiles.gif

inconspicuous

No I know, and I'm not concerned about "missing" something.

I've just heard rumours in various places online, that counters might be releasing it in four parts rather than all together at once, so I just wanted to check whether this would be the case on the Pro line or if they would release everything together like they'll be doing online or not.

Again, purely because I'd rather buy everything I want at once rather than having to place separate orders and pay shipping multiple times.

lovesongx

Quote:
Okay! Now we’re getting somewhere! =]

Called back now (I needed to check stock of a paint pot I need anyway) and got through to someone else so I asked her, but she said they didn’t get the release date for SCF at their last update, but that they get up dates pretty frequently and should have more details closer to the time. Sooo she said I should call back at the very end of Feb or first week of March and they’d be able to give me definite details closer to the actual release.

I know exactly what you mean, I've read the rumours about SCF being released in four parts too, but hopefully since MAC seem to have ditched that plan in the US they'll release it all together here too.
I want to buy all my SCF at once so I don't run out of money by the time the fourth collection comes out, I'm the kind of person who can spend ALL of her monthly income, usually on crap I don't need, most months I end up with about £2 in my bank the day before pay day!
My philosophy is 'you only live once', I'd rather enjoy my money whilst I can, I'm not much of a saver!

inconspicuous

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesongx
I know exactly what you mean, I've read the rumours about SCF being released in four parts too, but hopefully since MAC seem to have ditched that plan in the US they'll release it all together here too.
I want to buy all my SCF at once so I don't run out of money by the time the fourth collection comes out, I'm the kind of person who can spend ALL of her monthly income, usually on crap I don't need, most months I end up with about £2 in my bank the day before pay day!
My philosophy is 'you only live once', I'd rather enjoy my money whilst I can, I'm not much of a saver!

Haha I am exactly the same. I can save money if I NEED to (right now I'm saving some money every month because I'm going home to Canada for a month this summer and need monies to party and shop lol) but if I don't need to save for anything, it's fair game.

Which makes me so glad my company is supposed to be paying an annual bonus in March... lord knows I'm going to need the bit extra with the collections coming out in the next few months...

kelly2509t

Just a quick question....is Riveting definitely not being sold online does anyone know? There is 3 things I really want from that collection and won't be anywhere near selfridges when it comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts