Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatalieMT

^^^ We must go to the same counter ha ha and what a nice counter it is too! When I went in there was only 2 Victorian left after I'd bought mine, must be a popular choice in Chester.
lol.gif

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growing Wings
I could have spent an absolute fortune there, esspecially as I love the cremesheen glasses. No doubt I'll be spending my next couple of paychecks on these collections too.

Good job they are permanent, there is no rush, yay.
thmbup.gif
You both saying that, now I want Victorian.
lol.gif
Ooer Bubblegum sold out, I didn't notice good job I got mine. But Victorian & Azalea Blossom haven't
sneaky.gif

NO KIRSTY!!

Sojourner

^ I can CP the mixing medium for you if you want Kirsty, PM me if you want
smiles.gif

I accidentally woke up late today (since I planned a day off) and got all panicky since I though Ripe Peach would sell out haha, I got to MAC at 1pm and it was surprisingly not that busy, I got:

Ripe Peach (got 2 lol)
Azalea Blossom
Radicchio l/s
Laugh A lot l/s

Radicchio and Laugh A Lot look quite similar but I couldn't make up my mind and got both.

I also wanted True Babe l/g so badly (I'm not even into l/g so that's saying something) but they didn't have it yet!!! They told me to check back but that it'll be available by the end of the week...by the way this is the Selfridges London MAC counter that I'm talking about since Riveting is exclusive to Brown's and Selfridges - just in case anyone didn't know
tong.gif

Kirsty

Oh great
smiles.gif
I just thought though, the Mac Pro site doesn't show prices. Anyone know how much this is (Water based mixing medium) or has a pro card so can log in & see?

Actually scrap that,

i think i'll just make my own. Somebody suggested earlier mixing glycerine & water. I can buy glycerine in the cake making aisle at asda for £2 max. Cant beat good ol' penny pinching.

Sojourner

^ No idea how much it is, so annoying that PRO doesn't show prices...I always thought that MAC should have one site for each country so that there would be a PRO section as part of the regular UK (or whichever country) site, I think it would actually be more efficient and that way they can show country specific prices for pro products, or maybe I don't know something that they know (a lot probably haha) and that there's a good reason for the segmentation between MACPRO and MAC?

Anyhow, I think it's a good idea to make your own medium, I just use eyedrops
smiles.gif
I don't think MAC mediums are essential unless you are a professional because the bottles are too huge...with any luck they'll change the packaging and make the quantities smaller...and then they'll keep the prices the same probably and vex us lol
tong.gif

nazia

Ahh I bet a few of us could have bumped into each other with all this buying going on!

I went to the Pro store at around 12pm and managed to get everything I wanted. I got:

- Ripe Peach (ok so it was worth it!)
- Fresh Salmon lippie (wish this has a different name!)
- Laugh A Lot lippie (mlbb)
- Richer, Lusher cremesheen glass (is it just me or do these always have a funny smell/taste?!)

I also tested out Deelight, Just Superb and Loud and Lovely. They were all gorgeous but too similar to other glosses I have.

Finally, just want to add that I managed to get my hands on Double Dare cremesheen a few weeks back and it's the most delicious, wearable red gloss! I love it!

Dani California

yahoo.gif
so glad everybodys getting all the things they wanted
greengrin.gif
Am loving my ripe peach and quad 4 that the Mr picked up for me today. I may have to go and have a look at the collection myself at the weekend, if theres any of it left!
lol.gif

LMD84

i got my goodies today! so awesome!

ripe peach is amazing - i was scared it'd be a bit orangey on me but it's not at all! it looks lovely!
smiles.gif

the purple quad is amazing - great for a sexy purple smokey look
smiles.gif

bubblegum lipstick wasn't as nice as i thought it would be... but after playing about with it i now really like it!
electric fushia gloss is stunning! so sparkly and pure
love.gif

purple rage gloss is also amazing and will be great for a night out

i am very happy!

Dani California

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i got my goodies today! so awesome!

ripe peach is amazing - i was scared it'd be a bit orangey on me but it's not at all! it looks lovely!
smiles.gif

the purple quad is amazing - great for a sexy purple smokey look
smiles.gif

bubblegum lipstick wasn't as nice as i thought it would be... but after playing about with it i now really like it!
electric fushia gloss is stunning! so sparkly and pure
love.gif

purple rage gloss is also amazing and will be great for a night out

i am very happy!

I quite fancy the purple quad. I haven't got any purples, would it be good for beginner purples do you think?
greengrin.gif

D

Deleted member 49521

Can anyone confirm if Riveting is out? I'm guessing by what Sojourner said, it's not quite yet...

I'm interested in a CP for studded n/p and possibly Riveting l/s, I just can't decide how it will look on me!

Dani California

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
possibly, but its not 'true purple' its like pinky plummy purple quad

Oooh I think I will have to have a looky at it at the weekend. Sounds pretty.
Thank you.
greengrin.gif

Princesa Livia

I just got back from my trip to MAC
greengrin.gif
I'm really surprised I didn't really fancy much from all the collections that were out today! Money saved I guess.

I only got Rhapsody in Two and Two Virtues blushes. They're both so pretty! I just love shimmery cheeks. I also specifically asked for the RIT with the most pink and TV with the most purple lol. Good thing I was at Harrods so the MA was nice and amused with it, whereas if I went to Selfidges the MA would probably have given me the cold shoulder.
smiles.gif

I expected to get Naked lip pencil, but when I swatched it on my lips it just looked so pale/cool toned on me that it just looked wrong
ssad.gif
Jealous of the girls that could rock that one!

I also checked out the cremesheen glosses, I thought Loud and Lovely was really pretty. They're permanent though and pricey, and I have many lipglosses anyway so I didn't have the impulse to buy it there and then!

From Spring colour forecast, I expected to get Hot Hot Hot eyeshadow, but when I swatched it, although it was pretty, it dawned on me that I already had too many eyeshadows and since its quite a loud colour, I probably wouldn't be able to wear it much! The rest of the eyeshadows looked meh and boring to me.

The quads were both pretty, but I already had similar colours to the neutral one (except for Creole Beauty that was pretty!) and I had some difficulty swatching the highlight colour for the purple one! Like it wouldn't even transfer to my finger. So odd :S And I don't like the new quad packaging!
ssad.gif
I wish MAC would return to the old one. I think I feel that way coz the OCD part of me doesn't want the change, and that I think it might be quite difficult to depot the eyeshadows
ssad.gif

For lipsticks, I liked Bubblegum. A wearable lavender-pink IMO. I wanted to get it, but I didn't bring my B2M stuff so I didn't take it. Maybe next time. I didn't check out any of the lipglosses... I'm on a lipgloss ban now I guess!

I didn't check out the blush ombres since I thought they were way expensive, and I already have enough cheek stuff! I just bought all the cremeblends from Lillyland last month too, and I really wanted the 2 MBs I got. So blush ombres were skipped. =)

So those are my 2 pennies about the new stuff out today! Hope that was helpful to anyone
smiles.gif

I felt quite sad about not seeing the new Viva Glams though. I really expected to see them! I really wanted to get my hands on Viva Glam Gaga. Haai. I guess money saved for this month
winks.gif

Princesa Livia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani California
Did we get those mineralise blushes collection? those new ones? I haven't seen them on the website.

I think they are on the website. Too Fabulous collection.
smiles.gif

dirtyprincess

Oh my i could spend sooo much money on MAC !!!
I ended up getting.....
Colour 4 quad
Ripe peach blush ombre
Azalea blossom blush ombre
Culture clash l/g
Electric fuschia l/g
Pinkaura perfume
mac_addict.gif

Im wondering if i should pick up victorian lipstick,perky eyeshadow and straw harvest
th_dunno.gif
what do you guys think ?

Should i get them or save my money for the Liberty collection ?

NatalieMT

Victorian l/s is pretty nice, I've not seen anything similar in the perm line that has the same pink/coral colour with the gold pearl finish. Given you did get any lipsticks from the collection it might be worth having! Plus there are only 3 lipsticks coming out with GMLOL, so SCF gives you a better selection.

I'd pass on Perky for sure, it looks like a pretty boring colour, you could easily get a relatively good dupe from the perm line. I got Straw Harvest because I love golds. I'd previously bought Gorgeous Gold which turned out more yellow gold than orange gold, although it goes quite well with other yellows and greens it wasn't what I had really been looking for. Straw Harvest though is super similar to other previously released shades such as Evening Aura from Neo Scifi, so there is no saying it won't pop up again under another name!

Basically if you are trying to save money, since you already got a great quad of neutrals just get the lipstick, in my opinion atleast.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani California
I quite fancy the purple quad. I haven't got any purples, would it be good for beginner purples do you think?
greengrin.gif

yes i think it would be great for a begginer in purples. great textures to the shadows and also different finishes - you have a matte, velux, velux pearl... all very nice
smiles.gif
as i said - the only colour that hasn't wowed me was the peachy highlight shade. but gleam looks fab with it. i'm wearing it today!

Kirsty

Azalea Blossom needs to hurry up & sell out before I buy it.
ssad.gif

I'm wearing my new Lucky Green eyeshadow today with Humid. It is the best eyeshadow ever. Makes my green eyes look purdy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts