Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

banana1234

i asked my MAs when to the beach would be out at my local mac, they said ''that's not til next month'' and i said, but its on the website already, and they said ''really? that must be a mistake'' and so i said, other stores have said they would be putting it out next week.. they looked confused

my local mac counter staff are useless, i used to have a brilliant MA i loved, but she left, they replaced her and a couple other really good people, and these new people are totally rude and it seems to me,i often know more about products than they do. when i ask a question i want to be informed, not feel like i'm having to explain products to them

one lady in the queue asked a girl what lipstick she was wearing, and the girl didnt even look up, she just said dressmaker and walked off, it was so rude. i told the girl which one it was, and how it was with the pret a papier collection, i even showed her it on the display

the lady serving me dumped my goodies at the till and didnt even stick around to put them through, i stood their for five minutes until some one else turned up and asked if i needed help

*sigh* i want my old MA back

lovesongx

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
i asked my MAs when to the beach would be out at my local mac, they said ''that's not til next month'' and i said, but its on the website already, and they said ''really? that must be a mistake'' and so i said, other stores have said they would be putting it out next week.. they looked confused

my local mac counter staff are useless, i used to have a brilliant MA i loved, but she left, they replaced her and a couple other really good people, and these new people are totally rude and it seems to me,i often know more about products than they do. when i ask a question i want to be informed, not feel like i'm having to explain products to them

one lady in the queue asked a girl what lipstick she was wearing, and the girl didnt even look up, she just said dressmaker and walked off, it was so rude. i told the girl which one it was, and how it was with the pret a papier collection, i even showed her it on the display

the lady serving me dumped my goodies at the till and didnt even stick around to put them through, i stood their for five minutes until some one else turned up and asked if i needed help

I went into the Liverpool store today and the staff were nice and friendly, one of the MAs was really confused about my depots though, I don't think he'd seen anyone depot with heat before, he was like "these eyeshadow pots have got holes in!" haha. He took them OK though, I got Creme d 'Nude!

GoldenFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
A little off topic but, i'm looking for a new Mascara and am a little lost. what is your favourite? preferably drug store (£10 is probably my limit)

Mabelline (sp?) The Falsies is a great mascara and believe me, I have tried A LOT!

Anitacska

Quote:

That's pretty shocking!
thmbdn.gif
The girls at my local Mac counter (Kingston) are pretty useless when it comes to collections, but at least they're not rude. However, the girls in Guildford are both really nice and pretty clued up. Unfortunately I can't get there as easily during the week because I only have 3 hours before I have to be back to pick up my little one from nursery.
ssad.gif

What did you get by the way?

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska
That's pretty shocking!
thmbdn.gif
The girls at my local Mac counter (Kingston) are pretty useless when it comes to collections, but at least they're not rude. However, the girls in Guildford are both really nice and pretty clued up. Unfortunately I can't get there as easily during the week because I only have 3 hours before I have to be back to pick up my little one from nursery.
ssad.gif

What did you get by the way?

that day i was only buying coral crepe, fold and tuck and instant chic, i have since placed online orders for to the beach and dressmaker dressmaker lipstick

i went a bit mad on to the beach
i have already got hipness, sweet and punchy and firecracker, but i have rosemary and thyme, float on by, lazy day and sand & sun on the way too

i get paid again in 10 days though, so it will be fine...
that's what i tell myself anyway

that's a pretty big haul, considering i was telling myself i would only get coral crepe, and the e/s from to the beach, and hipness was a maybe

*sigh* i have no self restraint at all

but... i love everything i have got so far, and i'm pretty certain i will love what is on the way too

Princesa Livia

Quote:
that day i was only buying coral crepe, fold and tuck and instant chic, i have since placed online orders for to the beach and dressmaker dressmaker lipstick

i went a bit mad on to the beach
i have already got hipness, sweet and punchy and firecracker, but i have rosemary and thyme, float on by, lazy day and sand & sun on the way too

i get paid again in 10 days though, so it will be fine...
that's what i tell myself anyway

that's a pretty big haul, considering i was telling myself i would only get coral crepe, and the e/s from to the beach, and hipness was a maybe

*sigh* i have no self restraint at all

but... i love everything i have got so far, and i'm pretty certain i will love what is on the way too

Yay, at least you have no regrets on your purchases
greengrin.gif

I'd like to see the collection for myself on Thursday so I don't order anything I haven't seen
smiles.gif
I have an excel document with the product list, prices and totals for my prospective To The Beach haul; I keep adding and removing products from it!

I feel I might actually break down when I see the collection itself! :s

Anitacska

My local counter didn't have a tester for Coral Crepe, so couldn't try it out and they only had one left, so probably gone now anyway.
ssad.gif
Might go to Guildford at the weekend and see if they have any left yet.

I'm waiting until Thursday to see To The Beach in person now, already got Marine Life, Hipness, Thrills and Splashing anyway, hopefully I won't like anything else.
winks.gif

Kirsty

I know when I go to b2m for Beachbound & Lazy Day, I will fall in love with all 3 lipglasses esp Flurry of Fun.
ssad.gif
But I really can't buy them, not 1. And not when you say "i'm not allowed" then do, can't.

I wish I could b2m for l/g cause i'd prefer Flurry of Fun to Lazy day.
ssad.gif

banana1234

i decided i would avoid the store and get the last things i wanted online, because when i go into the store, i leave with way more than i meant to, and i just cant afford it right now, my car broke down saturday and it cost me £385 to fix today, good job i had already paid for my to the beach stuff or i would have made myself do with out now!

dirtyprincess

Ladies i know that this is off topic but i really need your help. I would like to press my pigments and was wondering if anyone had done this and new where i could buy the alcohol from ? Thanks in advance xxx

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyprincess
Ladies i know that this is off topic but i really need your help. I would like to press my pigments and was wondering if anyone had done this and new where i could buy the alcohol from ? Thanks in advance xxx

Ebay. I'm not saying that you won't get it anywhere else, but when I tried to get it initially I went to loads of supermarkets (think I tried Asda, Sainsburys, Tesco, Lloyds Pharmacy (who only had it on presoaked pads), Boots, and Superdrug) and I couldn't get it bottled because apparently people were buying it to try and drink it.

lovesongx

Quote:

I think you can buy it at a chemists, I bought mine from ebay. It'll be called Isopropyl Alcohol or Rubbing Alcohol. I think between 70% and 90% strength is good enough.

dirtyprincess

Thankyou ladies,i thought that would be the case,i wonder whether i could use alcohol gel .....i work in a hospital so maybe i could borrow a little !!!

Kirsty

Quote:
Thankyou ladies,i thought that would be the case,i wonder whether i could use alcohol gel .....i work in a hospital so maybe i could borrow a little !!!

I dont think this will work, it would give a weird consistency. I got my alcohol off ebay (and a mini syringe), it was really cheap.
smiles.gif

ilexica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
I know when I go to b2m for Beachbound & Lazy Day, I will fall in love with all 3 lipglasses esp Flurry of Fun.
ssad.gif
But I really can't buy them, not 1. And not when you say "i'm not allowed" then do, can't.

I wish I could b2m for l/g cause i'd prefer Flurry of Fun to Lazy day.
ssad.gif

I know the feeling! I only got one thing from PAP and will skip TTB entirely because I'm trying not to spend money. Still, there's always MUA if I need a fix...
smiles.gif

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilexica
Still, there's always MUA if I need a fix...
smiles.gif

Haha, i'm feeling that. I have saved so much money on collections since I found MUA, I got 2 of the Lilyland creme blushes through swapping before the collection came out saved me about £30! Just swapped for Victorian l/s aswell which I started lemming after it sold out.
greengrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts