Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilexica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
I usually ask that it is marked as "used cosmetics" less than $10 and do so in return. The package I got yesterday was marked at $30 & was fine. I would have been pissed if I had to pay £13! It would be way cheaper to get it returned & have it sent again with a lower value.

I too am glad that Stereo Rose is going to be lighter as I have pasty skin, too.

I do too - I was a muppet this time and forgot to ask, though. Oh well, I'll find out on Monday once I have money! I'll be so annoyed if it's a swap package rather than a specktra purchase, but I've learnt my lesson for sure. There's just no point marking its true value when insurance is so expensive anyway. (Note to any HMRC employees reading this: I would never dodge the tax system and all my incoming packages are worth less than $10, honest
angelic.gif
)

Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i'm happy nothing has sold out from to teh beach yet! i can order my goodies tommorow! yay!
smiles.gif

Marine Life is sold out on the website!
ssad.gif

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilexica
(Note to any HMRC employees reading this: I would never dodge the tax system and all my incoming packages are worth less than $10, honest
angelic.gif
)

th_LMAO.gif
bless ya

Sojourner

I hate getting smacked with customs too, I don't mind if the package is worth a lot but when it's near the threshold then it's annoying because most likely you are buying from abroad because it's cheaper, but then it's not with the customs...by the way, the limit for a purchase is £18 and for 'gifts' is £35 before they get taxed...yeah, a gift with a declared value of over £35 will still get taxed even though it's a gift (or pretend gift lol) and you have to bear in mind the US$ to GBP conversion

angi

Quote:
*wonders where everybody is*
tumbleweed.gif

Maybe everyone's at MAC swatching?

Sooooo...... tell all. What did you swatch.... what did you get...... is everything pretty?!

Kirsty

I just went on a swatchathon. 2 sets of b2m in hand. Well, you can no longer b2m for special packaging. "we used to, but because we don't get many in..Say we get 12 & the staff buy some" 12?! thats why everything sells out.
ssad.gif
I'm not too disappointed this time round. Lazy Day was your usual suspect light pink lustre..been done many times. I did want to b2m for Beach Bound, probably for the casing, but it wasn't anything special, peach frost, no pigmentation.

I was suprised by the lighter Cream Bronzer, it didn't look too muddy on me! I could pull it off, so there is hope for fair beauties.

The only thing I was gutted about was Flurry of Fun, it's so unique & pretty. This is the thing I would have bought (5 of) it has a lovely green & violet sheen. Kind of like Lollipop Loving in a lipglass
th_drool.gif
but I couldn't afford to buy another lipgloss, either that of my OH would have killed me. Splashing was nice, too, but nothing overly unique.

So I ended up b2m'ing for Ruby Woo & Snob.
smiles.gif
Plus I got served by the guy who works there, I love him..Hes so helpful & doesn't judge or look down on anyone. He was working the whole store, cause the other 2 gals where doing consults. & a mighty fine job he was doing.

Anitacska

Hello!

I was swatching this morning too!
yes.gif
Everything looked so pretty.
smiles.gif
I got Funbathing l/s, Flurry of Fun l/g (agree with Kirsty, it's gorgeous!), Firecracker e/s and Beach Bronze cream bronzer. I don't really know why I bought the cream bronzer because I don't normally use cream products or bronzers, but it's so pretty (got gorgeous shimmer to it and it's not at all muddy for me, it does work well actually, so not a waste of money after all). I didn't get Get Away Bronze because it is quite dark and I know it wouldn't look good on me, and the other lipsticks were a bit blah to me (except Thrills that I'd got last week) and the light pink lipglass wasn't anything special. Absolutely loving Funbathing, it's so pretty! Looks brown in the tube, but it's actually more reddish-purple on me, really quite gorgeous!
drools.gif
I'll post some swatches on the TTB swatch thread in a minute.

GoldenFairy

I went to MAC soho this afternoon and they had some sort of an event for this evening only where there is 20% off everything if you have a Grazia voucher (which you could get online). My friend only alerted me to it late this morning and gave me her voucher as my internet was down -that's why I couldn't tell you all 'til now. If you live near london there's still time to go but be warned that the queue is pretty HUUUUUUGGGGEEE! I had to wait nearly an hour to get in and they had already sold out of the highlight powder and some other bits.

I did get Thrills, Dressmaker Dressmaker, Weekend Bronzer, a back-up of Splashing <3, Bronze Body Oil, Sweet and Punchy and my foundation. They were all 20% cheaper so I don't feel tooooo bad! (and yes I am still out of work, I have no sense or self control at all!)

LMD84

you know on second glance before i made my order i looked at the swatches again and the only two things i bought was the green liner and firecracker. nothing else seemed that exciting to me. but i did add to my cart a 222 brush and also another 15 pan shadow palette
smiles.gif

Kirsty

I like it when sneaky things end up in your cart
graucho.gif
I've been eyeing up the 242, it may have to end up in my bag.

I got an email from MAC yesterday entitled "Stop Teasing" saying I had added stuff in my bag & not checked out. I'm like "get used to it!"
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
I like it when sneaky things end up in your cart
graucho.gif
I've been eyeing up the 242, it may have to end up in my bag.

I got an email from MAC yesterday entitled "Stop Teasing" saying I had added stuff in my bag & not checked out. I'm like "get used to it!"
smiles.gif

hee hee! yeah i always put things in the basket because i debate buying them. i have to be careful though because once i forgot they were in the cart and then added what i wanted to buy and ended up buying the lot because i paid no attention to the contents of the cart and the total! doh!

Anitacska

Well I have finally got around to swatching Coral Crepe (the Guildford counter had a tester) and decided not to get it, but at least I'm not wondering anymore if I should or shouldn't.
smiles.gif

I saw that Marine Life has sold out there already, but I think they still had everything else. I picked up 3 Lustreglasses which are my new favourite glosses. Such gorgeous texture, wish all Lipglasses were like them.
yes.gif

Anyway, off topic, but it left me wondering about how clueless some assistants are: I wondered over to the Guerlain counter to see if they had the new summer collection in yet and asked about the new style Meteorites. The assistant said there were no new ones (erm, hello???) and when I pointed out that they were already out in America, changed the subject and asked if I'd tried their bronzers. I just thought how ridiculous that I know more about their upcoming releases than he does!
thmbdn.gif

ilexica

I don't know, at the moment I'm feeling a bit 'blah' about the upcoming collections. I'm looking forward to Stereo Rose, and maybe a couple of the pigments from Alice and Olivia if I can get a CP. (Although I'm going through a phase of not using eye products, since I'm finding them quite irritating at the moment). I think when I found out the old jars were being discontinued I got a kind of pokemon-craze ('gotta catch 'em all!') but now I'm looking at my makeup collection and finally thinking...I probably have too much. So while I'm definitely still picking stuff up, I feel like I can't justify buying more than a couple of things per collection unless I'm really crazy about them, since chances are I own something similar anyway. I think the 5am starts I had last year really killed my creative makeup mojo and I've not gotten it back...good job I have the FOTD section for inspiration, otherwise I'd never get out of the rut!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
so what are we getting next time guys? we've had to the beach already, so is it only superglass next?

must be just superglass... which is a bit sukcy tbh...

Anitacska

I'm actually looking forward to the Superglass collection, there are a few lovely shades that I'd like to check out.

But I'm mostly excited for the mineralize collection, I love mineralize everything. Also while I already have a couple of Stereo Rose MSFs, I would like to get one and see if the new one is different. I would have liked them to come up with some new ones too, I feel that repromoting By Candlelight and Comfort only a few months after the first release is a bit pointless.

Kirsty

I'm looking forward to a lighter Stereo Rose, as I got my original one through on Friday. I haven't tried it out, yet..but it looks scary dark. I may have finally found a use for my 181se buffer
smiles.gif
I agree Superglass' look sucky..Cherry Electric is such a good name, too..Why waste it?!
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts