Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilexica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
Haha, i'm feeling that. I have saved so much money on collections since I found MUA, I got 2 of the Lilyland creme blushes through swapping before the collection came out saved me about £30! Just swapped for Victorian l/s aswell which I started lemming after it sold out.
greengrin.gif

It's ace
greengrin.gif
I've just finalised a swap for two blushes and a rouge allure lacque, can't wait for that parcel to arrive! I'm also waiting on a mineralised blush. I tend to decide I desperately want something after it's sold out everywhere (ripe peach
th_rolleye0014.gif
) so MUA is a godsend!

Kirsty

I picked up some stuff from the Boots original beauty formula line this lunchtime. The line is so pretty, really vintage and will look cute on my beauty shelf. Plus it's half price atm.

Check it out now, while it's cheap.
Face Care Products - Boots Original Beauty Formula - Boots

OoOoh I can't wait to get home. My bf has informed me my parcel has arrived from Canada with my new Stereo Rose msf
th_drool.gif
Been waiting for 5 weeks because of the damn Volcanic Ash. He also got me some Creme Brulee Shower Gel for £2 from ASDA upon my instructions. Today has been the day of hauls yay!

Back on Topic:

Anyone think TTB will be in store tomorrow??, I always get the feeling that when I go in on Thursdays, the collection has been there longer than a day. Maybe i'm just going mad. I will have a stroll past, ya know, just in case
lol.gif

Anitacska

Quote:
I picked up some stuff from the Boots original beauty formula line this lunchtime. The line is so pretty, really vintage and will look cute on my beauty shelf. Plus it's half price atm.

Check it out now, while it's cheap.
Face Care Products - Boots Original Beauty Formula - Boots

OoOoh I can't wait to get home. My bf has informed me my parcel has arrived from Canada with my new Stereo Rose msf
th_drool.gif
Been waiting for 5 weeks because of the damn Volcanic Ash. He also got me some Creme Brulee Shower Gel for £2 from ASDA upon my instructions. Today has been the day of hauls yay!

Back on Topic:

Anyone think TTB will be in store tomorrow??, I always get the feeling that when I go in on Thursdays, the collection has been there longer than a day. Maybe i'm just going mad. I will have a stroll past, ya know, just in case
lol.gif

I'm pretty sure it's Thursday, but my local counter sells out of popular stuff very quickly, so if I don't go on Thursday, some things might be gone by the weekend!
ssad.gif

I love Stereo Rose MSF!
smiles.gif
I already have a couple of them, but will definitely pick up another one when it's re-released this summer. Just wish they'd re-release Pleasureflush and Metal Rock as well (Metal Rock I won't buy at crazy prices mainly because I've never had a chance to see it in person and don't know if I can actually use it, whereas I bought a Pleasureflush for $70 unseen because it's an easy to wear colour).

I find swapping on MUA so time consuming, I send out 5-6 requests and get maybe one reply and it's usually a no anyway.
ssad.gif
People are so rude not responding to requests.
thmbdn.gif
I mean how long does it take to type "no thanks" and click send??? Also I don't know, maybe I don't have good enough swap items, but I'm finding it really difficult to swap nowadays. *sigh*

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyprincess
Thankyou ladies,i thought that would be the case,i wonder whether i could use alcohol gel .....i work in a hospital so maybe i could borrow a little !!!

Actually you can also buy it from Maplin. They have it on their online store (it's listed as Isopropyl Alcohol). I buy it in cans of several litres and use it to clean my brushes (mixed with a bit of spray-on leave-in conditioner). So far I've had the current container for a year and still not finished it! Might be a bit safer than buying from Ebay?

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska
I'm pretty sure it's Thursday, but my local counter sells out of popular stuff very quickly, so if I don't go on Thursday, some things might be gone by the weekend!
ssad.gif

I love Stereo Rose MSF!
smiles.gif
I already have a couple of them, but will definitely pick up another one when it's re-released this summer. Just wish they'd re-release Pleasureflush and Metal Rock as well (Metal Rock I won't buy at crazy prices mainly because I've never had a chance to see it in person and don't know if I can actually use it, whereas I bought a Pleasureflush for $70 unseen because it's an easy to wear colour).

I find swapping on MUA so time consuming, I send out 5-6 requests and get maybe one reply and it's usually a no anyway.
ssad.gif
People are so rude not responding to requests.
thmbdn.gif
I mean how long does it take to type "no thanks" and click send??? Also I don't know, maybe I don't have good enough swap items, but I'm finding it really difficult to swap nowadays. *sigh*

It's not you, swapping has been dead for a lot of ladies recently. Especially because most people don't swap internationally. I'm so used to sending out 10 swap requests only to get a reply from 2, usually no..that I don't let it bother me anymore.

I'd love to get my hands on Pleasureflush, but I wouldn't pay over retail for it, there's too many dupes. I'm not too bothered about Metal Rock, because it is so dark, I think its like a chocolate brown from swatches. I can't pull off bronzers. Either that or i'm doing it wrong
smiles.gif

Kirsty

After sleeping on it, i'm not going to get Lazy Day l/s I have so many pale pink lipsticks that are similar. Nude Rose, 3N (x2), Creme Cup, Patisserie. Ok, they may have differences but are they going to look any different on the lips? probably not. I'm going to b2m for Beachbound & get Ruby Woo in place of LD, which is much more exciting. I have Russian Red which is too deep in colour so this will be perfect.

If it was meant to be Lazy Day will find me on MUA
smiles.gif

angi

Quote:
th_drool.gif
Been waiting for 5 weeks because of the damn Volcanic Ash.

Oooh, what do you think of Stereo Rose Kirsty? I've passed it up a few times because corals look awful on me, but when I see it on sales etc I have to drag myself away from it because it's such a HTF item!

I really like my PaP and TTB goodies - although I have to say I disappoint myself by buying so many dupes! I thought that Splashing lipgloss was going to be brighter - but it's still a pretty colour. I LOVE my chromagraphic pencil though - makes me actually look awake!

Kirsty

It was strange it wasn't the package with Stereo Rose in it that i've been waiting for, for 5 weeks, But a different package from Canada that was only posted on Friday (4 days) crazy. I definately didn't expect it to be that one.

Where are you stereo rose, I neeeed you?!!

And thank you, you have just turned me off Splashing
th_DANCE.gif
yay

Anitacska

Quote:
If it was meant to be Lazy Day will find me on MUA
smiles.gif

Very philosophical, Kirsty!
yes.gif
How do you like your Stereo Rose btw?

I'm really excited, can't wait to go to my local counter tomorrow morning, I'll be there by 10 am!
th_DANCE.gif
Secretly hoping I won't want anything else, but will check out the lipsticks, lipglasses and eyeshadows, and Get Away Bronze anyway.

Kirsty

I wonder what time MAC opens, hmmmmmmm I can't go 'til about 12.30, but I wouldn't have thought anything would sell out that fast.

Anitacska

Quote:
How do you like your Stereo Rose btw?

Oh sorry, it seems we posted at the same time. Shame about you not receiving it.
ssad.gif

I have to say I was a bit disappointed with Spashing, I thought it was gonna be darker and brighter, I actually thought they'd sent the wrong lipglass at first. It's pretty though, but might not have got it if I'd seen it in person first. (That's me and my stupid impatience, ordering things unseen!)

Anitacska

Quote:
I wonder what time MAC opens, hmmmmmmm I can't go 'til about 12.30, but I wouldn't have thought anything would sell out that fast.

I think mine opens at 9.30, but I actually need to be back by 12.30, so have to go as early as possible.

Kirsty

I just read on the In The Groove discussion that the Stereo Rose is lighter than the original (yep 10 years later, lol) I'm glad i've got a chance to own the original, plus it was only $20 CAD or so.

Damn, I start work at 9.30 wanted to go before hand, oh well, no bother.

Anitacska

Quote:
I just read on the In The Groove discussion that the Stereo Rose is lighter than the original (yep 10 years later, lol) I'm glad i've got a chance to own the original, plus it was only $20 CAD or so.

Damn, I start work at 9.30 wanted to go before hand, oh well, no bother.

Not sure if I like the idea of it being lighter than the original. I love the original shade as a blush, if it was a lot lighter, it wouldn't work, and I already have a million highlighters, so don't need another one. I'll probably get one anyway just to see though.
winks.gif

ilexica

Being pathetically pale, I'm really looking forward to the idea of a lighter stereo rose.
greengrin.gif

Oh - moan - I got customsed for the first time ever on makeup. I don't know what it is yet (I'm waiting on two parcels) but I got hit with £13 in customs. Grrr!

Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilexica
Being pathetically pale, I'm really looking forward to the idea of a lighter stereo rose.
greengrin.gif

Oh - moan - I got customsed for the first time ever on makeup. I don't know what it is yet (I'm waiting on two parcels) but I got hit with £13 in customs. Grrr!

I don't mind paying customs too much, what annoys me is that the Royal Mail adds a £7 (or is it £8?) fee to it "for collecting the package and paying the customs fee on your behalf". Like it costs anywhere near that?
thmbdn.gif
I now always ask people to mark the packages as gift and put value below $10 (although I believe the limit is about $55 if it's a gift, but better to be safe than sorry).

Kirsty

I usually ask that it is marked as "used cosmetics" less than $10 and do so in return. The package I got yesterday was marked at $30 & was fine. I would have been pissed if I had to pay £13! It would be way cheaper to get it returned & have it sent again with a lower value.

I too am glad that Stereo Rose is going to be lighter as I have pasty skin, too.

angi

Quote:
And thank you, you have just turned me off Splashing
th_DANCE.gif
yay

Always glad to help!

Quote:
I have to say I was a bit disappointed with Spashing, I thought it was gonna be darker and brighter, I actually thought they'd sent the wrong lipglass at first. It's pretty though, but might not have got it if I'd seen it in person first. (That's me and my stupid impatience, ordering things unseen!)

Me too! I thought it was going to be a dark rose pink - I was a bit confused when I took it out of the box. I can only say I'm really glad I didn't buy the lighter pink too- that would have been way too light.

Now I really want to go and track down an old stereo rose - just because it's not the same as the new one (although I think I will wait until I actually see comparison swatches - after all MSFs aren't the most reliable colour wise). I shouldn't even want it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts