Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
holy crap! yeah that is alot one one collection... but it doesn't help that the mineral prodcutsare quite a bit more expencive than normal products. you got a birthday coming up?! maybe you could ask for gift cards?

Trouble is, I really like mineralized products and I sort of collect them, I have all the other eyeshadows and blushes, so I want to get these too. And there are 9 eyeshadows in this collection! Plus if I pick up a Stereo Rose and maybe 2 or 3 lipsticks, that all adds up.
ssad.gif

No birthday coming up, it'll just go on the credit card. I'm lucky that my husband earns well and never checks how much I spend, so I don't get into trouble as long as I'm halfway sensible.
winks.gif

DollyGirl92

I'm been good, I've fell in love with alot of NARS recently so I've cut my lists down a bit, I've never had a mineralize shadow before so I've only three down that looked nice, I like the idea of three
I really want to get two petticoats and two Stero Rose. I'm not totally sure if I'm going to like it, but if I don't they I have two to swap away for things I really do like, or if I do love it I've got a back up! I'm so lucky I can get US prices this time
I'm still unsure if my Pale skin will be able to handle either a bronzey blush or maybe By Candle Light or Comfort? What do you girls think? I am as pale as my image shows!

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
I'm still unsure if my Pale skin will be able to handle either a bronzey blush or maybe By Candle Light or Comfort? What do you girls think? I am as pale as my image shows!

It was said in the Warm & Cozy thread that Comfort looked muddy and orange on fairer skin, a few times. I think Cheeky Bronze would be a better choice than Comfort.

I meant it when I said LoL would be my last big collection haul
smiles.gif
well until Disney Villains! I have so much now, I barely have time to use it.

I have skipped/will skip:
- To the Beach
- Pret a Papier
- Opulash
- Superglass
- In the Groove (I have by candlelight, petticoat & just got an original Stereo Rose, which I have yet to use, its been sitting in my traincase
thud.gif
). The blush with 1/2 lavender looks gorgeous in the product pics though!

ilexica

I'm going to have to be good with this one. I'm planning to get two MSFs and maybe a couple of lip products and/or a blush. I could happily have it all but I'm going to have to try and be relatively frugal...:p

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
It was said in the Warm & Cozy thread that Comfort looked muddy and orange on fairer skin, a few times. I think Cheeky Bronze would be a better choice than Comfort.

yeah i agree with this. i have cheeky bronze and i'm nc20... when using a very light hand it looks beautiful... if comfort is darker than cheeky bronze i think it would look orange...

Kirsty

Quote:
That sounds good, I'm curious about by candle light because of the pink tones it apparently has.

Oh, By Candlelight is a total must have, it's gorgeous.

You can see here swatches of pretty much all the MSF including By Candlelight & Comfort
too much blush: MAC Warm & Cozy collection MSFs- By Candlelight and Comfort

looking at comparison swatches of Comfort, I think it will be way too dark
ssad.gif
You can't beat Blonde MSF, it will always be my fave!

Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
Oh, By Candlelight is a total must have, it's gorgeous.

You can see here swatches of pretty much all the MSF including By Candlelight & Comfort
too much blush: MAC Warm & Cozy collection MSFs- By Candlelight and Comfort

looking at comparison swatches of Comfort, I think it will be way too dark
ssad.gif
You can't beat Blonde MSF, it will always be my fave!

I agree, By Candlelight is gorgeous, but Comfort seemed too dark and muddy on me. (I don't know my NW/NC number as I don't use Mac foundation, but I use Light Medium & Medium MSFN, so am pretty fair anyway.)

I would also say fair skinned people who want to get Petticoat would be better off finding a Petticoat with very little veining, because I have one with lots of dark veining and it's too dark even as a blush for me. I also have one with hardly any veining and it looks gorgeous.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe Junkie
So, is it just Opulash out today? If so, it will save me the hassle of trying to drag 3 small children to the MAC counter!

yup just opulash
smiles.gif

Wannabe Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yup just opulash
smiles.gif

Thanks LMD84, you have just saved me a lot of stress! I do have to try and locate Models Own in Peach Sherbert though but that's a different matter.

DollyGirl92

Quote:
So, is it just Opulash out today? If so, it will save me the hassle of trying to drag 3 small children to the MAC counter!

awww thats so cute! my boyfriend has a tantrum if I try take him to MAC, sorta like a three year old

Anitacska

Quote:

I was facing the same dilemma too, and also contemplated late night shopping (shops are open much later on Thursdays in Kingston), but now I don't have to. Phew!

I'm quite annoyed actually, we seem to have school holiday almost every time a new interesting collection comes out, it was Polling Day last month when PAP came out, and Easter holiday the month before! They really should think of those of us with young children when deciding on release dates!
tong.gif
I really hope In The Groove comes out in July, otherwise if it's in August, I'll have to take all 3 kids to the Mac counter on the day of the release.
ssad.gif

Wannabe Junkie

Quote:
awww thats so cute! my boyfriend has a tantrum if I try take him to MAC, sorta like a three year old

I have two boys and I believe they have been trained by their Dad to sabotage my shopping! They all pull the same face whether 4 or 34!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska
I was facing the same dilemma too, and also contemplated late night shopping (shops are open much later on Thursdays in Kingston), but now I don't have to. Phew!

I'm quite annoyed actually, we seem to have school holiday almost every time a new interesting collection comes out, it was Polling Day last month when PAP came out, and Easter holiday the month before! They really should think of those of us with young children when deciding on release dates!
tong.gif
I really hope In The Groove comes out in July, otherwise if it's in August, I'll have to take all 3 kids to the Mac counter on the day of the release.
ssad.gif

You're right, it does always seem to coincide with the holidays. I usually opt for the evening too. Embarrassingly this does involve everyone getting in the car (husband included) and they have to drive around whilst I grab the goods! The SA's must wonder why I'm in such a rush
tong.gif

Kirsty

Quote:
I agree, By Candlelight is gorgeous, but Comfort seemed too dark and muddy on me. (I don't know my NW/NC number as I don't use Mac foundation, but I use Light Medium & Medium MSFN, so am pretty fair anyway.)

Being a Siberian, Dollygirl will be a Light in MSFN, so if it is dark/muddy on you us pasties have no hope. light medium & medium MSFN are probably best suited to NC or NW 20/25 respectively.

With my months off MAC collections i'm going to be doing some serious stash shopping, especially all my MSF's. I broke out Porcelain Pink
love.gif
today & Ever Hip.
smiles.gif
It's exciting to use stuff!

Anitacska

Quote:
I have two boys and I believe they have been trained by their Dad to sabotage my shopping! They all pull the same face whether 4 or 34!

You're right, it does always seem to coincide with the holidays. I usually opt for the evening too. Embarrassingly this does involve everyone getting in the car (husband included) and they have to drive around whilst I grab the goods! The SA's must wonder why I'm in such a rush
tong.gif

I normally go either during the week when they're in school/nursery or at the weekend if we don't have anything planned, and I always try to go on my own. Even my 8-year-old thinks I buy too much make up, so I don't need them breathing down my neck when I'm trying to choose things.
th_rolleye0014.gif

dirtyprincess

Im trying to put i final list together and even though my budget is £100 im having a problem deciding ! Do i need more brown mineralize eyeshadow ?!
So far im definately getting
Stereo rose msf
Petticoat msf (with a teeny amount of veining if i can)
Go for it lipstick
Cherry ? lipgloss

Possibles include
Happy together blush
Jazzed lipstick
All styled up lipstick
Mineralize eyeshadow ???
Oh mac why do you make it so hard !!! Cant everything be permanant !

Also ladies im in the market for a new mascara so shall i get opulash or YSL faux cil noir radical ??

Wannabe Junkie

Quote:
I normally go either during the week when they're in school/nursery or at the weekend if we don't have anything planned, and I always try to go on my own. Even my 8-year-old thinks I buy too much make up, so I don't need them breathing down my neck when I'm trying to choose things.
th_rolleye0014.gif

Oh dear, I can look forward to them telling me off for buying too much then. I can't wait! At the moment they just want to put it on whenever I do.

I'm pleased it's a quiet MAC month as I've already spent up for now. I'm not sure I dare look at what I fancy from up coming collections!

ilexica

Oooh, cheeky bronze looks really nice. Might have to hunt one down on MUA.

Kirsty, how do you wear blonde MSF? I've tried it on cheeks but it just makes me look sunburnt
ssad.gif

DollyGirl92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilexica
Oooh, cheeky bronze looks really nice. Might have to hunt one down on MUA.

Kirsty, how do you wear blonde MSF? I've tried it on cheeks but it just makes me look sunburnt
ssad.gif

I recently aquired that one myself actually! I love it over the top of summer rose beauty powder or Illamasqua's katie, it gives me a great 'glow' without looking oily. Not yet tried using it as a highlight yet but I do really like it.

Thankyou for the help girls with the bronze question! I'm going to get 'New Vibe' since it's less and if I don't like it I suppose its less of a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts