Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

really? that's awful!

the nice customers do make up for the bad ones though. we weren't allowed to receive gifts/tips on the checkouts, but at christmas one of our old lady customers [mrs robertson, she was a tiny little old lady who came in every wednesday with dial-a-bus] would buy a big tin of roses to be handed down the checkout line. it's the little things like that you remember
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
really? that's awful!

the nice customers do make up for the bad ones though. we weren't allowed to receive gifts/tips on the checkouts, but at christmas one of our old lady customers [mrs robertson, she was a tiny little old lady who came in every wednesday with dial-a-bus] would buy a big tin of roses to be handed down the checkout line. it's the little things like that you remember
smiles.gif

awww! how sweet of her!
smiles.gif
technically i don't think we are meant to accpet gifts and such. however it's my store so i feel if my guys and me deserve it then we'll take it. esp if somebody has made a special trip to give it to us. i do insist we share the chocolates though! one lady even hand makes chocolates!

DollyGirl92

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yes people totally treat shop workers like crap sometimes! i had to call the police on one guy because he wouldn't leave my store and was threatening me. not cool. we have some lovely customers that make up for it though. i have been bought lots of boxes of chocolates and wine for just helping people out which is nice. one of my guys even got tipped £100!!

my dad's got his own estate agency and he gets that all the time, it's awful when people are horrible to you, when you're doing your job.
I'd love that tip though!

Quote:
next time i'm in newcastle we should arrange a specktra meet-up!
smiles.gif

you have a guide dog pup? awwwh! i always want to pet guide dogs but i know you're not meant to... *badrachel*

it's nice when the MAs remember you, i've been served by the same girl in Glasgow a few times now but i really should pop in more just for chitchat
smiles.gif
well, i might be working on a counter over from them if my interview next week goes well
greengrin.gif

We should! we should try get a UK specktra girls meet up sometime it would be hard to pick where though! London's the obvious but from the north it's quite expensive, we'll work it out.

Guide dog pup's are in general, okay to stroke guide dog puppies but only puppies, just asking questions about the dog and things and then maybe ask if you can stroke them, most of the time it's okay, with ours we have to be careful because he can loose all focus and then it's not fun, or a friend had one called dollar who couldn't stand being touched unless it was her terms, so if people touches her she would get really scared of sometimes she would growl, but she did eventual get over it when she was in advanced training.

being a puppy walker is amazing, you don't have to buy their food it gets delivered to you, you just have to order it from their site, no vets bills, the only thing they ask you to provide is some bedding and some toys (but they say for bedding, don't bother with pets at home, an old quilt with a cover it fine!) and you do get an allowance from them to cover costs like replacing toys, or buying chews and things but that's it! you get al the joy of a puppy, and the training isn't hard as you get help all the way, it's just time consuming and I'd not advice it if you don't have wooden floors!
Blake is a good boy though, we had a serious discussion when he was a baby about how make up is not for chewing and if you cannot afford to replace it, don't chew it!

spunky

Quote:
awww! how sweet of her!
smiles.gif
technically i don't think we are meant to accpet gifts and such. however it's my store so i feel if my guys and me deserve it then we'll take it. esp if somebody has made a special trip to give it to us. i do insist we share the chocolates though! one lady even hand makes chocolates!

our department manager was fine if everyone was getting a sweetie, but we had schemes in place where people who deserved a reward for being extra-helpful to customers or whatever got gift vouchers from the company, rather than tips. i think it also had to do with having cash on the shop floor, you could have said you got a tip when you'd palmed it from the till.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
my dad's got his own estate agency and he gets that all the time, it's awful when people are horrible to you, when you're doing your job.
I'd love that tip though!

We should! we should try get a UK specktra girls meet up sometime it would be hard to pick where though! London's the obvious but from the north it's quite expensive, we'll work it out.

Guide dog pup's are in general, okay to stroke guide dog puppies but only puppies, just asking questions about the dog and things and then maybe ask if you can stroke them, most of the time it's okay, with ours we have to be careful because he can loose all focus and then it's not fun, or a friend had one called dollar who couldn't stand being touched unless it was her terms, so if people touches her she would get really scared of sometimes she would growl, but she did eventual get over it when she was in advanced training.

being a puppy walker is amazing, you don't have to buy their food it gets delivered to you, you just have to order it from their site, no vets bills, the only thing they ask you to provide is some bedding and some toys (but they say for bedding, don't bother with pets at home, an old quilt with a cover it fine!) and you do get an allowance from them to cover costs like replacing toys, or buying chews and things but that's it! you get al the joy of a puppy, and the training isn't hard as you get help all the way, it's just time consuming and I'd not advice it if you don't have wooden floors!
Blake is a good boy though, we had a serious discussion when he was a baby about how make up is not for chewing and if you cannot afford to replace it, don't chew it!

we should! yes, transport from up here to london is hefty but if you book it far enough it advance it's not quite so painful :p

i had that chat with rocky when she was little too. it sounds so rewarding, but i'd hate the giving it away part
ssad.gif

DollyGirl92

this is our first, so we don't know how we'll cope, but our close puppy walking friends are on dog number 7,9,14 and 23! and everyone we know from puppy classes have done it more than once. Christine told me it's when you get a phone call from the person who ended up with the dog you walked, and they tell you how this dog's given them their life back, and they can do things on their own again, so I think that's how I'll cope, yes, I'll cry and get upset when he leaves me, but he's never going to be with somebody who won't love him or care for him, since he can give them so much.

and if he turns out to be crap and cannot be for the blind or any other jobs, he can come back to us!

spunky

Quote:
this is our first, so we don't know how we'll cope, but our close puppy walking friends are on dog number 7,9,14 and 23! and everyone we know from puppy classes have done it more than once. Christine told me it's when you get a phone call from the person who ended up with the dog you walked, and they tell you how this dog's given them their life back, and they can do things on their own again, so I think that's how I'll cope, yes, I'll cry and get upset when he leaves me, but he's never going to be with somebody who won't love him or care for him, since he can give them so much.

and if he turns out to be crap and cannot be for the blind or any other jobs, he can come back to us!

holy crap!

that's true, and you'll feel so good for helping someone get their life back. and you know he's going to a good home too, so that'll take some of the pain away.

i guess its different when you get a dog as a pet as opposed to a working dog. i couldn't imagine giving either of mine away! not that they'd be any use as working dogs, unless you wanted to go to the butchers
winks.gif

angi

Quote:

Could always do a trip to Bicester for the cheap MAC, moving on to MAC pro in the afternoon
tong.gif
. That would make it worth it for people that a) never get cheap mac and b) can't get to mac pro (and make it a proper mac shopping session!)

DollyGirl92

Quote:
holy crap!

that's true, and you'll feel so good for helping someone get their life back. and you know he's going to a good home too, so that'll take some of the pain away.

i guess its different when you get a dog as a pet as opposed to a working dog. i couldn't imagine giving either of mine away! not that they'd be any use as working dogs, unless you wanted to go to the butchers
winks.gif

Yeah, we do have a pet dog aswell, so when Blake goes we'd not have a total 'hole'. I think the fact that we know we're going to have to give him up makes it better, it'll be hard though since we got him when he was 6 and a half weeks old, and we'll have him for the next year or 14 months, so he'll be with us for a long time yet! I guess it is good, since you get to enjoy them when they're little and mad, we sort of get the fun part, but the harder part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
Could always do a trip to Bicester for the cheap MAC, moving on to MAC pro in the afternoon
tong.gif
. That would make it worth it for people that a) never get cheap mac and b) can't get to mac pro (and make it a proper mac shopping session!)

That would be really fun, I guess we just all have to try work out a date and organize things!

spunky

Quote:
Yeah, we do have a pet dog aswell, so when Blake goes we'd not have a total 'hole'. I think the fact that we know we're going to have to give him up makes it better, it'll be hard though since we got him when he was 6 and a half weeks old, and we'll have him for the next year or 14 months, so he'll be with us for a long time yet! I guess it is good, since you get to enjoy them when they're little and mad, we sort of get the fun part, but the harder part!

yeah, the training bit i hard work with a regular dog, guide dog training on top of that must be so difficult! my rocky is nearly a year old and she only knows how to sit
shockt.gif
haha!

Quote:
tong.gif

i'd love that! we just need to work out when everyone's free
smiles.gif

LMD84

i wish i could meet you guys. but sadly i am many hours away from you and because i work so much it's hard to find the time! i am going to york cco on july 19th with nick though which will be nice!

DollyGirl92

Quote:
i wish i could meet you guys. but sadly i am many hours away from you and because i work so much it's hard to find the time! i am going to york cco on july 19th with nick though which will be nice!

Same, I'd love to be able to go to a meet up, and if it was London I might be able to if I booked in advance pretty early but it's 3hrs on the train
ssad.gif
Lincoln's about 2 and a bit hours from me in the car.

spunky

Quote:

Quote:
Same, I'd love to be able to go to a meet up, and if it was London I might be able to if I booked in advance pretty early but it's 3hrs on the train
ssad.gif
Lincoln's about 2 and a bit hours from me in the car.

i guess i'm about 4 hours away from lincoln, if it takes just under 2 hours to get to newcastle from mine.

the london/bicester one sounds the most plausable with MAC Pro and CCO nearby. i wish we could actually do this!

anita22

Quote:
tong.gif

I'm all for a Bicester meetup! :) I'm in Oxford so not that far away...

LMD84

Anyways back to offcial mac chat! i am very much looking forward to in the grove. only a couple of weeks away now
smiles.gif
and of course Alive and Olivia. anybdoy getting a cp? i am for both the turquoise pigment and the black/purpley one
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
I'm getting the purpley one for sure! and the hot pink dazzleglass creme

i must be crazy but i really don't like the d/g cremes! i have two of them and find them too runny almost. does that make sence? they slip on my lips too much! normal cremesheens don't so not sure why! but saves me money right?!
smiles.gif
i need to save as much as possible right now. i was telling nick last night about all the new collections and that perhaps i should up my monthly budget by about £20. he said fine as long as i can afford it - but i also want a LV speedy bag, mac book pro, new bed sheets, dressing table and i'm getting the iphone4 in august which will cost me £179.
shockt.gif
perhaps i am being greedy?!
tong.gif
hee hee! somehow i think i will be waiting many months for all these things! anybody want to buy a tv from me??!
th_wink3.gif

Kirsty

I don't love Dazzleglass Cremes either for the reasons you mentioned, Lou. They are runny & it's hard to get an even opacity alone (especially with the darker ones.)

Amorous is a lovely colour but it's hard to upkeep. I couldn't be dealing with it on a night out! Oh the touchups
thmbdn.gif

LMD84

yeah amourous is one of the ones i have and also creme allure i think it is called. both darker colours.
ssad.gif
such a shame because as you say they look stunning in the tube!
smiles.gif

Anitacska

I agree. I have a few Dazzleglass Cremes and I hardly ever wear them, especially the darker ones, even though they look so pretty in the tube.
ssad.gif
I often find actually that darker glosses are much harder to work with than dark lipsticks, just due to the texture I guess.

I am so impatient now, really want to get my hands on In The Groove, but it's still another week until they go online (if they go online on the 29th, not the 6th).
ssad.gif
Does anyone know if the Superglasses come out at the same time as ITG?

spunky

VAT up to 20% from january... can't make up be classed as an essential?

i think ITG and superglass will be out at the same time, if not it'll be in the august release
smiles.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts