Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
VAT up to 20% from january... can't make up be classed as an essential?

i think ITG and superglass will be out at the same time, if not it'll be in the august release
smiles.gif

Seriously? If MAC do the price rise in July/ August, and then round up for the VAT prices, I think that's me out. £11 for an eyeshadow is pretty much my limit.

Anitacska

Quote:
VAT up to 20% from january... can't make up be classed as an essential?

Make up IS essential - to me anyway!
yes.gif

20% VAT sucks, but in the end it's only 25p extra on every £10, not something that would make or break a purchase for me. Just like having it reduced to 15% didn't.

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
Seriously? If MAC do the price rise in July/ August, and then round up for the VAT prices, I think that's me out. £11 for an eyeshadow is pretty much my limit.

My limit is quite a bit lower than that. Infact we are teetering very close to it atm.

I find I don't buy eyeshadows from new collections (even though I like them), because they are too expensive in my eyes. I wait & buy them depotted from the clearance bin or swap for them.

ETA: Oh, e/s are £11 atm. I dont know why I thought they were £9.50
lol.gif
That just goes to prove it to you.

LMD84

at least the VAt isn't going up straight away though. so we have 6 months or so to stock up on essentials from the perm line!
tong.gif
although to me the 2.5% isn't that bad. but i agree that mac is getting more and more pricey. yet sadly i still buy it. i have even upped my monthly budget for mac from £50 to £65 now

GoldenFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
at least the VAt isn't going up straight away though. so we have 6 months or so to stock up on essentials from the perm line!
tong.gif
although to me the 2.5% isn't that bad. but i agree that mac is getting more and more pricey. yet sadly i still buy it. i have even upped my monthly budget for mac from £50 to £65 now

If I remember correctly, MAC increased their prices for the UK in April. When I went to purchase my Liberty of London stuff the MA told me that the prices had gone up and that she had to work out the total on a calculator. I think it would be a real cheek for MAC to put up their prices in the UK again this year especially with the 2.5% VAT increase looming!

GoldenFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
I'm getting the purpley one for sure! and the hot pink dazzleglass creme

Yay! I'm getting the pink dgc also! I love anything pink (and limited edition)!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenFairy
If I remember correctly, MAC increased their prices for the UK in April. When I went to purchase my Liberty of London stuff the MA told me that the prices had gone up and that she had to work out the total on a calculator. I think it would be a real cheek for MAC to put up their prices in the UK again this year especially with the 2.5% VAT increase looming!

yes it would be crappy if we had a price increase in july as well as the one we already had. perhaps it is just the states who get the price hike because when we had ours i don't think they did.

Anitacska

Popped over to my local Mac counter this morning and they said In The Groove and Superglass are both coming out next Thursday.
yahoo.gif
6 more days to go.
choochoo.gif

DollyGirl92

Manchester city centre House of Fraser have a MAC counter, So does the one in Bluewater shopping centre in Kent and the one right next to the monument tube station in London, and of course the one in the metro Gateshead (My MAC counter)

Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
Yay,

Anyone know which House of Frasers have MAC's?? I got a £100 voucher for my birthday
graucho.gif
sneaky.gif

That's handy!
yes.gif
I only know that the Guildford HoF has Mac, but I guess that's not much use for you.

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
Yay,

Anyone know which House of Frasers have MAC's?? I got a £100 voucher for my birthday
graucho.gif
sneaky.gif

the one in glasgow does too.

i've been offline for a grand total of like 3 days and i have SO much to catch up on! insane!

i got myself a wee job though, so i'll have pennies to spend on mac instead of begging my mum to lend me money for "food" haha :p

does anyone know the release date for digipops?

Anitacska

Quote:

does anyone know the release date for digipops?

I think Temptalia said it was August.

ilexica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska
Popped over to my local Mac counter this morning and they said In The Groove and Superglass are both coming out next Thursday.
yahoo.gif
6 more days to go.
choochoo.gif

Hurray! I have my first year PhD 'exam' that day so I'm trying to decide whether to go on the way there, or wait until after and risk stuff selling out (but it would be rather more symbolic getting something after, rather than in anticipation of passing
yes.gif
). Looking forward to it!

Dannfannjann

do we think the collections will come out online on tuesday night like they have with other collections?
or do you think it will be thursday online aswell? x

DollyGirl92

I hope it's online tomorrow! I want my MFS's.

Do you girls think I should get all the stuff I want from this collection ASAP or wait for next week when I'm in the US? I'm all confused!

LMD84

i hope it goes online sooner rather than later! i'm really excited for stereo rose!

to be honest i would get what you want now rather than wiating. just in case. there'd be nothing worse than having it all sell out
ssad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts