RiRi Hearts MAC Summer Collection (June 18, 2013)

Richelle83

I really LOVE how this looks on you!

Please also post swatches here http://www.specktra.net/t/184065/riri-mac-june-2013#post_2410730
Woah since when is this a thing? I know you you to have this earlier, have you reinstated it?
At one point we would have pages and pages of just swatches while the discussion thread had both but after a certain point the swatch thread died down. Janice would like us to get back to doing this so I'm "trying" to get it restarted again.

Thank you for posting in that one too!

AccordingToJenn

Now, I do have the lippies, but I don't quite have them in my possession to swatch... YET! But I got them sent to my bestie (who is not into makeup and probably thinks I'm insane) and got her to take this picture: I think she did a pretty good job!

No filter, just flash!

StrongWoman

I am at work so I will try and catch up on reading this thread later at home. I wanted to share the response I got from MAC "Customer Service" (and I use that term lightly) as well as my response. Beth: I did absolutely nothing illegal/wrong/immoral purchasing your items off of your website and I am insulted by your response. I know you have an extensive IT department with both your company and your parent company Estee Lauder. If these products were not meant for sale then they should not have been accesible to the public. You have done this in the past so I am not sure why this is an issue for you now. ' I have been a loyal customer of MAC and Lauder to the tune of several thousand dollars a year for many years and I am appalled at the way you are treating your most loyal and die hard customers. I will be sending this correspondence as well as the postings from other customers from your Facebook page (as well as the statements of others I know who have had orders cancelled) to the WA Attorney General as I do believe there are laws on the books regarding circumstances like this. In most states if your product is for sale and someone purchases it you MUST honor that even if there is a mistake on price, availablity etc. I look forward to your response. April L Gray, CMA From: MAC Online Service Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:19 PM Subject: Re: Important Notice about your recent MAC Cosmetics Online Order Hello: Thank you for allowing us to explain that the product was not available to the public on the site at the time your order was placed as it was prior to the official launch time. Individuals, using technological means to circumvent our site, were able to gain access to the collection prior to the time of launch. The instructions on how to ?find? the collection, were then posted online. Because we consider this an unfair advantage over the many customers who were awaiting the official published launch time, we made the decision to cancel orders placed prior to the actual launch time. Thank you for your understanding. If you wish to purchase from the remaining items in the collection, please visit us at www.maccosmetics.com. Regards, Beth Customer Service MAC Cosmetics Online
Your response was spot-on and I can't wait to see how their legal team responds to it.

patentg33k

I am at work so I will try and catch up on reading this thread later at home. I wanted to share the response I got from MAC "Customer Service" (and I use that term lightly) as well as my response. Beth: I did absolutely nothing illegal/wrong/immoral purchasing your items off of your website and I am insulted by your response. I know you have an extensive IT department with both your company and your parent company Estee Lauder. If these products were not meant for sale then they should not have been accesible to the public. You have done this in the past so I am not sure why this is an issue for you now. ' I have been a loyal customer of MAC and Lauder to the tune of several thousand dollars a year for many years and I am appalled at the way you are treating your most loyal and die hard customers. I will be sending this correspondence as well as the postings from other customers from your Facebook page (as well as the statements of others I know who have had orders cancelled) to the WA Attorney General as I do believe there are laws on the books regarding circumstances like this. In most states if your product is for sale and someone purchases it you MUST honor that even if there is a mistake on price, availablity etc. I look forward to your response. April L Gray, CMA From: MAC Online Service Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:19 PM Subject: Re: Important Notice about your recent MAC Cosmetics Online Order Hello: Thank you for allowing us to explain that the product was not available to the public on the site at the time your order was placed as it was prior to the official launch time. Individuals, using technological means to circumvent our site, were able to gain access to the collection prior to the time of launch. The instructions on how to ?find? the collection, were then posted online. Because we consider this an unfair advantage over the many customers who were awaiting the official published launch time, we made the decision to cancel orders placed prior to the actual launch time. Thank you for your understanding. If you wish to purchase from the remaining items in the collection, please visit us at www.maccosmetics.com. Regards, Beth Customer Service MAC Cosmetics Online
Does "using technological means to circumvent our site" mean their own LINK? Omg

elegant-one

I am not sure why the above message did not format correctly. Sorry.
clap.gif
sweet.png

See, that'll teach you for hanging around me
sigh.gif
tong.gif

elegant-one

Now, I do have the lippies, but I don't quite have them in my possession to swatch... YET! But I got them sent to my bestie (who is not into makeup and probably thinks I'm insane) and got her to take this picture: I think she did a pretty good job!

No filter, just flash!
Thanks!

BeautyByLele

Oh wow !!! I finally got caught up in this thread !!!! OMG ya'll are so funny, ya'll are entertaining me so much ! I cant even concentrate on playing CandyCrush.
Wait a minute let me get and seat and
drama.gif

Shellcat

Well written, April! LOVE IT!
thmbup.gif

elegant-one

why is it still pending? its driving me insane!
I just got off the phone with CS after a 15 minute wait. One of mine is still in pending limbo but I was assured that it is going to ship.
001_unsure.gif
I know, so hard to trust them at this point. So there is hope yours will ship too.

She also told me there were 'NOTES' in my account
rofl.gif
I'm sure there is & prolly not love notes either
greengrin.gif

brittbby

I just got off the phone with CS after a 15 minute wait. One of mine is still in pending limbo but I was assured that it is going to ship.:unsure: I know, so hard to trust them at this point. So there is hope yours will ship too. She also told me there were 'NOTES' in my account :rofl: I'm sure there is & prolly not love notes either :D
Lol notes!!! Ahahahahahahahahaha that's awesome.

Tonetone711

Lol! What did we do? Become one with the Matrix to figure out how to place our orders early? Oh, silly MAC.
LoL I really thought about asking the boyfriend if he knew how to get into these things but that's probably actually illegal....there are probably a few Specktra girls here that know this stuff! ;)

josephine90

I just got off the phone with CS after a 15 minute wait. One of mine is still in pending limbo but I was assured that it is going to ship.
001_unsure.gif
I know, so hard to trust them at this point. So there is hope yours will ship too.

She also told me there were 'NOTES' in my account
rofl.gif
I'm sure there is & prolly not love notes either
greengrin.gif
Notes? Lol, i wonder what they wrote!

MACupGrl

That's amazing because even the order review supervisor couldn't figure out why mine was cancelled and had to,take my info to call me back.lol
I just called and TRUST ME-they don't know themselves. I was told to re-order! So much BULL$HIT! Thinking about getting NARS Satin Lip Pencils instead. F U MAC!