RiRi Hearts MAC Summer Collection (June 18, 2013)

Richelle83

I am at work so I will try and catch up on reading this thread later at home. I wanted to share the response I got from MAC "Customer Service" (and I use that term lightly) as well as my response. Beth: I did absolutely nothing illegal/wrong/immoral purchasing your items off of your website and I am insulted by your response. I know you have an extensive IT department with both your company and your parent company Estee Lauder. If these products were not meant for sale then they should not have been accesible to the public. You have done this in the past so I am not sure why this is an issue for you now. ' I have been a loyal customer of MAC and Lauder to the tune of several thousand dollars a year for many years and I am appalled at the way you are treating your most loyal and die hard customers. I will be sending this correspondence as well as the postings from other customers from your Facebook page (as well as the statements of others I know who have had orders cancelled) to the WA Attorney General as I do believe there are laws on the books regarding circumstances like this. In most states if your product is for sale and someone purchases it you MUST honor that even if there is a mistake on price, availablity etc. I look forward to your response. April L Gray, CMA From: MAC Online Service Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:19 PM Subject: Re: Important Notice about your recent MAC Cosmetics Online Order Hello: Thank you for allowing us to explain that the product was not available to the public on the site at the time your order was placed as it was prior to the official launch time. Individuals, using technological means to circumvent our site, were able to gain access to the collection prior to the time of launch. The instructions on how to ?find? the collection, were then posted online. Because we consider this an unfair advantage over the many customers who were awaiting the official published launch time, we made the decision to cancel orders placed prior to the actual launch time. Thank you for your understanding. If you wish to purchase from the remaining items in the collection, please visit us at www.maccosmetics.com. Regards, Beth Customer Service MAC Cosmetics Online
Yeah a friend of mine got the EXACT same email. They will not own up to anything. Heck they cannot even cancel ALL the orders like they said they would. SMH

vanessa1996

Riri boy is so pretty, but I just got feel my pulse, so I don't know how much use I would giveit before buying another purple.

Tonetone711

Lol she makes the whole link sharing thing sound like a sophisticated technological breach into their website. It looked to me like someone found the link through shopstyle(?) and it happened to work. Things get bugs, their engineers know that. It's not that hard to find these things. Worst have happened!
I am at work so I will try and catch up on reading this thread later at home. I wanted to share the response I got from MAC "Customer Service" (and I use that term lightly) as well as my response. Beth: I did absolutely nothing illegal/wrong/immoral purchasing your items off of your website and I am insulted by your response. I know you have an extensive IT department with both your company and your parent company Estee Lauder. If these products were not meant for sale then they should not have been accesible to the public. You have done this in the past so I am not sure why this is an issue for you now. ' I have been a loyal customer of MAC and Lauder to the tune of several thousand dollars a year for many years and I am appalled at the way you are treating your most loyal and die hard customers. I will be sending this correspondence as well as the postings from other customers from your Facebook page (as well as the statements of others I know who have had orders cancelled) to the WA Attorney General as I do believe there are laws on the books regarding circumstances like this. In most states if your product is for sale and someone purchases it you MUST honor that even if there is a mistake on price, availablity etc. I look forward to your response. April L Gray, CMA From: MAC Online Service Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:19 PM Subject: Re: Important Notice about your recent MAC Cosmetics Online Order Hello: Thank you for allowing us to explain that the product was not available to the public on the site at the time your order was placed as it was prior to the official launch time. Individuals, using technological means to circumvent our site, were able to gain access to the collection prior to the time of launch. The instructions on how to ?find? the collection, were then posted online. Because we consider this an unfair advantage over the many customers who were awaiting the official published launch time, we made the decision to cancel orders placed prior to the actual launch time. Thank you for your understanding. If you wish to purchase from the remaining items in the collection, please visit us at www.maccosmetics.com. Regards, Beth Customer Service MAC Cosmetics Online

pinkpaint

Lol you're welcome
angelic.gif

jetese

wow their response doesn't even make sense. "using technological means." we definitely all need to send emails to consumerist and hope huffington post etc. pick up the story

jetese

Off topic but has anyone tried the UD setting sprays or the NARS light reflecting setting powder? Since the weather has warmed up here my t zone has been on the oily side /:
I use murad mattifying moisturizer and a primer and it works okay. it works better if you spray it before and after your makeup. I used to use kryolan for stage and I think it was better. Try a travel size. I have a full size bc I bought it when they changed packaging I'll probably get ben nye final seal next.

CartoonChic

Off topic but has anyone tried the UD setting sprays or the NARS light reflecting setting powder? Since the weather has warmed up here my t zone has been on the oily side /:
There's a whole thread about NARS Light Reflecting Powder. The short answer is that it's magic.

http://www.specktra.net/t/182227/nars-light-reflecting-setting-powders

PeachTwist

Drawers full of drawers!!

Same here, one of every color!
Glad I'm not alone!

Also... noticed I hoard Pj's. Seriously, I went through them the other day and couldn't believe how many pj shorts/bottoms I have. I just keep buying them. The thing is though, I don't work due to illness and am waiting around day in and day out for Drs appts, hospital appts, etc... so I'd rather just be comfy at home doing nothing. Seems ridiculous I know but I don't see the point in getting dressed up day to day for just lounging around waiting on appts.

User38

I don't want to say what I am about to say: I have been bored by MAC for the longest time. zzzzzzzzz.. maybe I am too jaded or my interest is going in different directions.

this RiRi Woo collection is another misnomer.. sadly we all buy into hype. Nothing new or noteworthy in either colours or textures.

sorry for the downer.

hatsoff.gif

PeachTwist

I use UD De-Slick before make-up and then after make-up -- be sure to shake it first. Works great for me, definitely helps to prolong the wear of make-up on my oily t-zone.

purplevines

What skintone is VV roughly? I actually LOVE RiRi Boy on her -- I seriously have seen other swatches and hated it.. but I LOVE it on her.
Her swatch is similar to the way it looks on my lips but her colours seem to lack a little purple to them, so keep that in mind (heaux is too red in her pics)
I'm NC20ish

CartoonChic

Lol! What did we do? Become one with the Matrix to figure out how to place our orders early? Oh, silly MAC.