WOC: Brunette Blonde Redhead

MACaholic76

So I finally got to play with these when I went in for work on Thursday. Ironically I didn't like anything from the Brunette collection, except the MSF, which I actually loved. It's the perfect coral-y shade with a hint of pink. It's just gorgeous! It shows up very pretty on anyone NC40 or above. The lip and e/s products were "meh" for me.
Now, the Blonde and Redhead stuff I am getting all of it...ALL OF IT. I loved most of it. Standouts were Strawberry Blonde l/g, Top Knot, Knight, Flip, French Cuff and 100 Strokes e/s. But then again, I'm an e/s ho and want to paint the world with them. One more thing...a coworker used the Redhead stuff on a blonde lady and it did NOT work for her at all. She then redid everything with the Blonde stuff (which my coworker was wearing, including the MSF and looked GORGEOUS, she's an NW20!) AND the lady looked amazing!!! The lady looked to be a little darker than my coworker, I'd say around NW30. I ♥ this collection.

Blkbderfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
ok I got off my butt and went
bb rose looks like blonde
fast thrill looks like b babe

Thanks mama! I was wondering, now I don't feel bad for not getting it, since I have Fast Thrill! Funny seeing me here huh? Just joined...LOL

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkbderfly
Thanks mama! I was wondering, now I don't feel bad for not getting it, since I have Fast Thrill! Funny seeing me here huh? Just joined...LOL

yay! i'm subscribed to you on youtube. glad to see you here.

Blkbderfly

Hello Ladies! So, I picked up the following - you can see my swatches on Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuR7uZX7kNY

Chignon (so how do you pronounce this? LOL)
What a Do
All's Fair - (love it with the Strawberry Blonde)
Strawberry Blonde
Soft Wave
Quick Tease
Brunette MSF - love it
Henna - I swatched it next to my Sumptious Olive, very close but Henna is more gold
100 Strokes
Flip
And the best part of the collection:
226 Brush
214 Brush

I really like Pincurl, but I didn't pick it up. Will probably go back...I am soooo broke now...lol...so how am I eating for the next two weeks???? LOL

Blkbderfly

Ok, so I didn't know it was going to actually put the vid in my reply, I just wanted to post a link to my vid...if I'm not supposed to do this, somebody let me know....:)

Blkbderfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely333
How does henna compare to mink and sable?

Henna, Mink and Sable(M&S) and Sumptious Olive are all in the same family,in my opinion. However, when I swatch them, M&S is slightly darker than Sumptious Olive and Henna has more gold in it than M&S and Sump Olive . I have all three now, and I am thinking...... do I really need all three with such a slight difference between them...LOL

Blkbderfly

My haul consisted of:

Chignon - how do you pronounce this anyway?
What a Do - love it w/cork liner and Soft Wave l/g
All's Fair - love it with the Strawberry Blonde l/g
Strawberry Blonde
Quick Tease
Soft Wave

Brunette MSF

Henna - more gold than Sumptious Olive
Flip
100 Strokes

and my favorite part of the collection...the 226 and 214 brushes

I like Pincurl - similar to Vex, but a little different - so I will probably go back for it...I am sooooo broke....so how am I eating for the next 2 weeks? LOL

TISH1124

Ok my complete list because it changed so much since it started

MSF's
Blonde
love.gif
heart.gif

Redhead
heart.gif
heart.gif

Brunette
love.gif
heart.gif

Eyeshadow
100 Strokes
heart.gif

Henna
Top Knot
heart.gif

Knight
Pincurl
heart.gif

Lipstick
Blow Dry
Chignon

LipGlass
Live and Dye
love.gif
(2 of these)
Peroxide
love.gif

Red Devil
Soft Wave
love.gif

Strawberry Blonde

Brushes
love.gif
(2 of these)
love.gif

165 (Just because I am a Brush Whore)

dominichulinda

Quote:

OMG!! <3333 Sup beautiful!!! ...yeah I was soooooo close to getting it..but didn't (yay!)..I got marquis d (sp?)...which just gave my lips a sculpt look and I didn't have anything similar. <3333333333

dominichulinda

Quote:
My haul consisted of:

Chignon - how do you pronounce this anyway?
What a Do - love it w/cork liner and Soft Wave l/g
All's Fair - love it with the Strawberry Blonde l/g
Strawberry Blonde
Quick Tease
Soft Wave

Brunette MSF

Henna - more gold than Sumptious Olive
Flip
100 Strokes

and my favorite part of the collection...the 226 and 214 brushes

I like Pincurl - similar to Vex, but a little different - so I will probably go back for it...I am sooooo broke....so how am I eating for the next 2 weeks? LOL

great haul!

I might go get "what it do?" and umm of course #226 (it's sold out online on the macys site ..was trying to get it w/ my xmas giftcard) ..and I like vex..I was swatching away in the store ..my sister was laughing at me ..but yeah vex has a hint of creme and grey with an opalescent sheen to it ..while pincurl has grey and a opalescent sheen... right now I'm wearing "pincurl" all over the lid ..like I use to love wearing "Shroom" all over the lid lol.

FreshMacAddict

So I stopped by the MAC counter this evening picked up
Henna
100 Strokes
French Cuff
Redhead MSF
just a couple of things since I'm trying to hold out til Feb 12th!

d n d

I went to look at the colors and they only things I picked up were:
Brunette MSF
Quick Tease lipglass

I really like the MSF especially since this is my first one (all the others just seemed too glittery for my taste) The texture is sooo silky...is that why it costs a little more than the other MSF's? As for Quick Tease lipglass...I'm on the fence with this one. I missed out on Jampacked and thought this was a good replacement but it looks a little blah on me.

As for the eyeshadow and other colors, they were pretty but I have colors that are similar so I decided I better stick to my budget and get the must haves only.

M.A.C. head.

I went into the store intending to pick up AT LEAST 10 of the items from the collection...I left with only 1. I didn't like what I swatched, so I saved myself the grief. I did buy Quick Tease l/g though, I love it. It goes beautifully with Hang Up l/s from Creme Sheen.

MACandie2012

Here's my list:
strawberry blonde l/g
soft wave l/g
red devil l/g
quick tease l/g
peroxide l/g
b-babe l/s
blonde MSF
brunette MSF
redhead MSF
165 tapered cheek/highlight brush

too many products? i know...but i can't help it. i'm ADDICTED. yes i said it
th_LMAO.gif
mac_addict.gif
th_LMAO.gif

MACandie2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Ok my complete list because it changed so much since it started

MSF's
Blonde
love.gif
heart.gif

Redhead
heart.gif
heart.gif

Brunette
love.gif
heart.gif

Eyeshadow
100 Strokes
heart.gif

Henna
Top Knot
heart.gif

Knight
Pincurl
heart.gif

Lipstick
Blow Dry

LipGlass
Live and Dye
love.gif
(2 of these)
Peroxide
love.gif

Red Devil
Soft Wave
love.gif

Strawberry Blonde

Brushes
love.gif
(2 of these)
love.gif

165 (Just because I am a Brush Whore)

oh good grief! your list is making mine look pitiful. i may just have to add "a few things". thanks a lot tish
th_LMAO.gif

michmom2

I am in love with this brunette MSF!!! I bought all three, but I love this one. I think I need to get another need a back up. I went to a MAC Pro store today to buy some of the e/s. That French Cuff is terrible! The color would be beautiful if you didn't have to fight with it to get some on your lid. I'm so disappointed. 100 strokes is awesome!! Femme Fi is nice too, but it looks like my Shroom - does anyone else think this?? I'm returning french cuff tomorrow and maybe the Femme Fi.

cupcake123

Blkbdrfly, love your haul video, lucky you. I think tomorrow may be my haul day.

Michmom, I noticed Femme Fi looks like Brule so that probably might look like Shroom too. I don't get to MAC often so I can't really tell for sure. You like Brunette MSF best? Does it show up red when on?

Tish, how'd you like Redhead MSF? Someone told me it turned mauve on them and I was hoping for more peachy tone. Does that happen to you or is she totally off or possibly talking about Blonde MSF?

I want the glow from within look. I want it to look natural but not too obvious and not mauve either, hehe.

Any swatches wearing it on?

just_jill325

this is my Haul today:

Brunette MSF - very nice bronzy-rosy color on my NC42 skin/BE Med Tan
Deep Shade w/s
the 3 brushes

and BLUNT blush for contouring--> not in the collection but I purchased it today.

blazeno.8

It's no IPA, but the closest I can write for the pronunciation is "Sheen-nyon". (I would have used the quote function, but for some reason it doesn't work for me).

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACandie2012
oh good grief! your list is making mine look pitiful. i may just have to add "a few things". thanks a lot tish
th_LMAO.gif

Yeah I have a few control issues, says my husband....
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake123
Blkbdrfly, love your haul video, lucky you. I think tomorrow may be my haul day.

Michmom, I noticed Femme Fi looks like Brule so that probably might look like Shroom too. I don't get to MAC often so I can't really tell for sure. You like Brunette MSF best? Does it show up red when on?

Tish, how'd you like Redhead MSF? Someone told me it turned mauve on them and I was hoping for more peachy tone. Does that happen to you or is she totally off or possibly talking about Blonde MSF?

I want the glow from within look. I want it to look natural but not too obvious and not mauve either, hehe.

Any swatches wearing it on?

I honestly have not worn 1 single thing...But I have so many things like that...I swatched the Redhead this morning on my cheeks and it still looks pretty close to the same color now... I have not washed it off just yet...But I haven't tried it on foundation...I will on Monday ...