WOC: Sugarsweet

TISH1124

My favorite of all items was the Viva Glam VI SE lipgloss...get it everyone..it is sold out on the website...It is gorg!!!!

LuvinMyMAC

Dang it!!! I'd been doing kinda good with my Mac allowance, but I have to check this one out. I'll be at the counter later tonight!!! LOL!!!

highonmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerin
I know you guys had a major discussion on this lipstick already lol...but Saint Germain lipstick can be worn by us Women of colour.

Yesterday, I saw an African American MA @Mac wearing Saint Germain lipstick. She looked quite pretty. She had applied a lipliner close to her natural lip colour and then very lightly applied saint germain lipstick on top, then blended it with a lip brush (you may intensify it at this time) and topped it with a sheer lipgloss ( I think it was Tasty or Triple Yum Gloss).

I wasn't sure if I'd get it but the MA applied it on me in the same kind of method and it looked good and I'm into bold lippies as well...lol so I had to get it.

Honestly to me, I think it really depends if you're into these kinds of colours to actually pull it off.

The MA tried Lollipop Lovin on me with a bronzey orangey colour lipliner and a rosy plushglass on top. It was just too sheer on me and I didn't like the green in it either. This is for those who really like super neutral lippies. So I never got it, I just liked looking at it...lol...it's so pretty!

zerin you can pull of any lipsticks, anyways i was thinking about it and then some of you ladies saide WOC + saint germain = one hot nasty peptobismol mess but now i think i might get it!

Prototype83

I just came back from MAC w/ Red Velvet s/s, Refined MSF, and Sweet Thing l/s....the only thing i'm not regretting is the lipstick
cry.gif
Refined does give a glow....but ehh, on me it looks like a lighter Redhead. I wanted Perfect Topping, but both MA's were against it.

ETA: Lollipop Loving l/s was not too on me cute at all and I wanted it SOOOO bad! Just a green shimmer....

pharmchick60

I was a good girl and got exactly what I said. The UPS guy just handed me both of the MSF. I like both of them. They give me a nice healthy glow without all that glittery mess.

zerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Thanks Tish and Zerin, if you girls can pull off Saint Germain I'm sure I should be able to as well. I really like pink lips and I don't really have any bright barbie shade pink lipsticks. I have Chatterbox but it's a little too warm-toned for me

Saint Germain isn't really a barbie pink lipstick...it's more of a pale pink. I would suggest trying Mac's Pink Nouveau lipstick with a magenta lipliner.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
amsfss.jpg

Perfect!! My MA said if I had Warmed I did not need Refined...I now see why....Great Great swatches!! Thank you!!!

miss_primer

Well i did my hauling for sugarsweet. I got:

aquavert e/s
sugarshot e/s
dear cupcake e/s
peppermint patti n/l

I liked those 3 eyeshadows and i kept going back and forth on if i should get them. I figure it wouldnt hurt anything to just get them anyway. I am just starting my mac eyeshadow collection so i dont have any dupes. I skipped on the MSFs but that was hard. I thought they were pretty but i just felt like i wouldnt reach for them. I barely use the ones i have except for my msfn.

ClaireAvril

this really sucks
I am on a no buy right now and I walked by MAC path today and saw the collection.
I pressed my face up against the glass as a small tear rolled down my face.

I really want peppermint patti nail lacquer
Aquavert shadow - OMG this colour is soooo amazing! I don't have any shadow like this!
and Cakeshop shadestick
annnnd if I were rich throw in penny shadestick too.

But I am going to stick to the no buy.. I hope some of this stuff isn't going to be sold out. Though my mind is trying to convince me I can at least get that nail laquer.. buttt.. i won't darn it.

Guys don't buy it all save some for me!!

berryjuicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
this really sucks
I am on a no buy right now and I walked by MAC path today and saw the collection.

Aquavert shadow - OMG this colour is soooo amazing! I don't have any shadow like this!
and Cakeshop shadestick

But I am going to stick to the no buy.. I hope some of this stuff isn't going to be sold out. Though my mind is trying to convince me I can at least get that nail laquer.. buttt.. i won't darn it.

I'm so sorry! I feel your pain
cry.gif

I put myself on no buy last month and it was really hard at first, but I must say a lot of my impulse buying has died down and I'm able to let my emotions balance out now before buying stuff, so it was a good thing! Hang in there.

I saw this collection in person today and I have to say I wasn't really tempted. I would probably purchase the lemon chiffon shadestick sometime. I love shadesticks. It was really creamy and verrry pretty
smiles.gif

I did my very first B2M and got Girl About Town and Fast Play. My first MAC lipsticks! Off topic I know, but I was so excited
th_DANCE.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
this really sucks

and Cakeshop shadestick

My girlfriend called me in a panic about that darn PP Nail laquer ...it was sold out at her store and on the website...so I ran to the Pro to get it for her and they had 3 left...I guess I am not a nail polish chick... it was like..I ran all the way over here for this....

sherox

Quote:

I can't go on a no buy to save my life! I'm so easily tempted! Honestly I'm kind of disappointed with this collection I thought I would've wanted everything but IMO, this collection isn't geared to WOC AT ALL!
thmbdn.gif
The MSFs were soo light on me and St Germaine - even though it's SO pretty! - really did look like a pepto-bismol mess on me! =[ I really wanted Peppermint Patti too but I swatched it & didn't think it looked to good on my skin. Totally getting Aquavert & Dear Cupcake though! Passing on the L/G def! Those things will look like a glob of mess in the tube after 2 uses! Oh well at least my wallet will be happy esp after HK!

ClaireAvril

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
My girlfriend called me in a panic about that darn PP Nail laquer ...it was sold out at her store and on the website...so I ran to the Pro to get it for her and they had 3 left...I guess I am not a nail polish chick... it was like..I ran all the way over here for this....

OMG OMG OMG
.. its going to sell out here too isn't it. Now I'm in a wild panic.
The only alternative I was thinking of is OPI has a colour that resembles that gorgeous laquer its called gargantuan green grape. I haven't seen it in person but on the site it resembles PP. If PP sells out I can settle for that.
*tears*

Face2Mac

Quote:
this really sucks

I am sorry (unless you are really strapped for cash) for this I think you need to spend $30 and get Aquavert and Cakeshop. Aquavert came out like 2-3 years ago and I doubt it will come for a long time and this time they made a shadestick to go with it. Aquavert is the prettiest soft green, it doesn't work on me without me turning it blue/teal but with the shadestick, I am thinking it will my color. Sorry for the enabling.

Ladyvirtuous

I still think I'm going to pass on the St. Germain...Melrose Mood is the only bright pale-ish pink I have and I barely wear that...so it would be pointless to get St. Germain l/s.

But I do want that green nail polish.

nursee81

I bought st germain too but i might return it. I don't know if Im feeling it. I was in the store but maybe I'll get angel.

allThingsGirl

Well, I got to see the rest of the collection today and came back with:

- Refined MSF: I got one with lots and lots of peach veins! I really like this one alot and last week when I tried it on, you couldn't see much color on me but with the lots of peach vein one, it does show up. It's peachy and subtle, I like it alot. I can actually use this as a light blush and highlighter.

- Perfect Topping MSF: I got one with lots of purple veining. The color still doesn't really show up on me, but I'll be using this as a highlighter only probably.

I would have gotten Aquavert too, but I might work out a swap for that one or else B2M for it.

As for the other stuff I wanted to get but didn't:

- Sugarshot: I wanted to love this...I wanted to be on TEAM SUGARSHOT but the texture really still turned me off. I ended up passing...
ssad.gif
It is so chunky and clumpy! I might try swapping for this later on when people start posting Sugarsweet stuff up for swap.

- Lollipop Lovin': I didn't get to try this on last week. I tried it on my hand it it shows up really nicely, but when I tried it on my lips, I saw nothing...except it looked like I put some slightly slightly sparkly chapstick on. My lips are quite pigmented though. I was pretty disappointment. The SA tried to tell me it looked great on me and that she liked it but I didn't even SEE it on me!

- Cakeshop: I really liked this one, it looked more silver than greenish tinged to me though. I just passed because I didn't really think it was worth the money for it since I have lots of other silver eye products.

- Peppermint Patty: I just had to check this out because of it selling out everywhere..I think this color is so gross!! No offense to those that want it, but it just seems so streaky and cheap.
ssad.gif

I really love the textures of the MSFs though. I don't know why, but I just don't see how people think the textures of the Grand Duos are like these finer milled MSFs. I feel like the Grand Duo ones are grittier...maybe my Moon River is just a gritty one?

I did try swatching all the Grand Duos again while I was there and passed on the rest of them again. The only one they didn't have anymore was Light Over Dark, which I might have considered.

I'm NC40!

Hope that helps.
smiles.gif