WOC: Sugarsweet

SassyMochaJess

I wanted to love refined so bad.... but it looked white and ashy like on my skin, boy was i mad. I agree the textures of these msf's are nice and smooth but i don't see how these are dark skin woc friendly, oh well. Aquavert also looks a bit too pastel but it can definetly work when paired with the right colors on darkskin.

MrsGooch

Sooo, I ordered:

Lollipop Loving l/s (swatched on my hand in the store and it was so pretty; hopefully it will be on my lips)

St. Germain l/s (I will more than likely never wear it myself, but I had to have it. And, I'm sure I can make it work on a client)

Aquavert e/s (I don't have anything like it)

Peppermint Patti n/l (Can't WAIT to put this on the toesies!)

I had to be semi-good. I'll be in Vegas next week and I'm sure I'll hit the pro store up, PLUS the Makeup Show is in a couple of months and that will be a HAUL OF A LIFETIME! LOL

dominichulinda

I wore my Refined MSF over Lover over dark blush duo = yum!

Tiffany mention how Love over dark looks like so ceylon..swatched on my hand ..love over dark ..has a hint of carmel to it..I need to see how it is on my cheeks
smiles.gif

ClaireAvril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
I am sorry (unless you are really strapped for cash) for this I think you need to spend $30 and get Aquavert and Cakeshop. Aquavert came out like 2-3 years ago and I doubt it will come for a long time and this time they made a shadestick to go with it. Aquavert is the prettiest soft green, it doesn't work on me without me turning it blue/teal but with the shadestick, I am thinking it will my color. Sorry for the enabling.

Its not about the cash.. its just about making this decision not to buy and sticking to it. I would be extremely disappointed in myself if I just gave in and forfeited the promise when I only have a couple weeks left.
I'm sure the goodies i want will be available then.

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
Its not about the cash.. its just about making this decision not to buy and sticking to it. I would be extremely disappointed in myself if I just gave in and forfeited the promise when I only have a couple weeks left.
I'm sure the goodies i want will be available then.

I think you should stick with your "no buy".
smiles.gif

The items will still be available then as you said, and if not -- life will still go on.
th_DANCE.gif

There are a million and one soft greens eyeshadows and nail lacquers. None of these colors in this collection are THAT unique as well as FLATTERING to warrant panic. If Aquavert came out 2 years ago, guess what? It'll be back in two years too.

Stick with your promise to yourself, boo boo. I support ya!
winks.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
OMG OMG OMG
.. its going to sell out here too isn't it. Now I'm in a wild panic.
The only alternative I was thinking of is OPI has a colour that resembles that gorgeous laquer its called gargantuan green grape. I haven't seen it in person but on the site it resembles PP. If PP sells out I can settle for that.
*tears*

I looked at so many colors trying to find a close close match ...then my car just drove me to MAC and the MA had it on her toes with white tips...and well
graucho.gif
cry.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyvirtuous
I still think I'm going to pass on the St. Germain...Melrose Mood is the only bright pale-ish pink I have and I barely wear that...so it would be pointless to get St. Germain l/s.

But I do want that green nail polish.

I got the peppermint Patti green polish !!!
greengrin.gif
so cute with the white tips!!! My 1st time ever paying $11 for a polish!!
yahoo.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
in the Nordie's Mag they changed the Sugar Sweet Model lol
MSSNORD.jpg

Woooooowww. That's all I have to say about that.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMochaJess
I wanted to love refined so bad.... but it looked white and ashy like on my skin, boy was i mad. I agree the textures of these msf's are nice and smooth but i don't see how these are dark skin woc friendly, oh well. Aquavert also looks a bit too pastel but it can definetly work when paired with the right colors on darkskin.

It's because they aren't. I haven't seen them in person yet, but Ikeep looking in the swatch thread and I just don't see how I am going to make them work for me. At this point it looks like I might get Butternutty & Cakeshop and call it a day.

ETA: And it is weird that MAC would choose such a cocoa complected model for this collection when it features such light MSF's. I bet that model isn't/can't wear Perfect Topping or Refined.

TISH1124

My MA was wearing Refined today on top of Sunbasque...She is NW47 and it looked wonderful.....It gave her a very natural gold peach glow......which looked so pretty! She also had it lightly brushed on her shoulders and chest and it was amazing!! I did not think it would work...I have gone back and forth with it trying to say it was not for WOC ...But in fact it does work and it doesn't look ashy or chalky at all IMO....

As far as perfect Topping...I wore it today on top of DollyMix and it gave a very wonder pink/lavender tint to my skin....

So IMO the MSF's work for all skin tones.

brownsuga lady

After reading the reviews...I think i'm skipping everything. LOL. I only had a couple of things on my list and now I don't think I even want those. This will be a pass for me. Saves me money!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
My MA was wearing Refined today on top of Sunbasque...She is NW47 and it looked wonderful.....It gave her a very natural gold peach glow......which looked so pretty! She also had it lightly brushed on her shoulders and chest and it was amazing!! I did not think it would work...I have gone back and forth with it trying to say it was not for WOC ...But in fact it does work and it doesn't look ashy or chalky at all IMO....

As far as perfect Topping...I wore it today on top of DollyMix and it gave a very wonder pink/lavender tint to my skin....

Well you have given me some hope Tish. I guess we'll see whenever I make it out to the mall.

TISH1124

^^^ Girl ..I know how you examine things...I am sure you may see things differently after you try it on .....I did and dominichulinda (sp) told me...But I wouldn't listen...They are really pretty especially Refined....

Let us know what you think...I'm curious....

sweetie

^^ nc45 and i like perfect topping and love refined. It's just like you said a wonderful peachy glow.

IDontKnowMomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
in the Nordie's Mag they changed the Sugar Sweet Model lol
MSSNORD.jpg

That pic is SOOOO much prettier. I love it!

SassyMochaJess

girl_devil.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127

For my skin tone and skin type it turned chalky, not peachy or light light gold just ashy
th_confused_new.gif
, lol. I'm nw45 (most of the year), maybe when i see some of the darker woc rocking it on here I'll see how it can work. I can't imagine putting it over any blush, thats how bad it was on me. I didn't se no sheen or shimmer
nope.gif
. The MA shook his head and wiped it off asap, lol. I expected refined to be similiar to warmed but on me it failed. But will try it will my usual MA and see what he thinks of it. Lucky are all you ladies loving refined cuz i'm not
thmbdn.gif
!!

LuvinMyMAC

I'm really curious about Bubbles lipstick. Have any of you seen anyone wearing it or have a good use for it?

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinMyMAC
I'm really curious about Bubbles lipstick. Have any of you seen anyone wearing it or have a good use for it?

Ok yes I have TWO.....It is perfect on top of lip stains and lip pencils....The MA shaded my lips with Chestnut...yes Chestnut...and then lightly colored them in and applied Bubbles on top and it was so pretty!!! He also did the same with Magenta lip pencil and it was gorgeous...It is a nice goldish white shimmer......It also is good for toning down dark lipsticks are way too bold lip sticks....tt adds a pearlescent shimmer glaze on top.

Anything that helps me use Chestnut is a Plus!