MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

oddinary

This probably has been asked before, but do any of the blushes compare to True Romantic BP? Is Dainty similar to Shy Beauty BP (I missed out on this and I would love something similar)?

Thank you!!
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
OMG YES! I got Love Thing and it is my favorite one! It looks SO pretty on - a true raspberry pink. If I had to pick only one from this collection (yeah right!!), I'd pick Love Thing
yes.gif
Hurry up girl! Go get it, so you can love it with me!
winks.gif

I hope I will get my Love Thing on Tuesday if I go to the pro store!
yahoo.gif
Can't wait to try this color.

Susanne

Quote:
Ya know, under the wonky Nordstrom lighting, it looks like a lighter version of Merrily. But today, I swatched in on my hand and walked out into the mall under direct sunlight, and they are pretty different. I was going to pass on this one, since I now have Merrily, but it definately different. I think it will be the next one I get (I am getting these one at a time). Merrily is more of a coral with red tones, and Gleeful is a rosey pink with no coral or orange tones at all. I am hoping the get Gleeful when I get my Starflash stuff (if I get anything). If I pass on Starflash, I will get the rest of the blushes.
yahoo.gif

Oh, Gleeful is gorgeous
yes.gif

I am soo glad these blushes will come back in October! I will spend all my birthday money on the blushes and the MSFs
winks.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Goodness, I know! I could not believe my Nordies today! It was HORRIBLE! Mine was out of 4 of the blushes, and still was fully stocked with everything from Electroflash. Honestly, I was kind of relieved that they were sold out of the blush I wanted, cause I didn't want to stand in the mile long line to pay for it! I went upstairs to the freestanding, and it was MUCH quieter
lol.gif

Oh wow, two counters in one mall?? I would sleep there!!
cutey.gif

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
GLEEFUL! (But I seem to be the only one who loves gleeful.) I'm NC30, it's gorgeous.
smiles.gif

Or Love Joy! I could post up a pick of that on me if you want.
smiles.gif

Yeah! That would help out a bunch thanks.

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
cutey.gif

For some reason, my nordstrom has 2 MAC counters in it. One on the bottom floor(by all the kids stuff) and one on the 2nd floor by all the shoes & bags. Even if I try, I can't avoid walking past at least one of them

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpucu
I got today Naked to the core and Pop Circle - they are so creamy
yahoo.gif
i love them both .I keep changing my lipstick every 15 min -Pop Circle then Naked to the core
th_LMAO.gif

I LOVE that about them too! They are THE creamiest lippies I own
Describe the color of NTC please

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
i'm wearing naked to the core right now [with pleasantry
th_drool.gif
]. mmmh, i love it! gorgeous nude.

i heart all my colour forms lippies
love.gif

They are amazing! I ordered Naked to the Core from the site because Nordies didn't have it out for me to swatch. So then I ended up ordering another Pop Circle. Inner hue is gorgeous IMO. Can you describe the color of NTTC please
winks.gif

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Can you describe the color of NTTC please
winks.gif

it's a creamy beige with a slight hint of pink.

Dani California

Quote:
cutey.gif

lol.gif
Yeah, me too!!
tong.gif
Thank god my local shopping centre only has the one MAC counter. Phew!!

xpucu

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
it's a creamy beige with a slight hint of pink.

Maybe it's different for the different types skins -on my lips looks like beige with slight hint of coral.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
cutey.gif

My mall has a mac counter at Macy's, and a freestanding store. they are building a Nordstrom in the mall too, so maybe there will be a counter there too lol

I bet u guys are waiting for my review on these blushes right? I DONT HAVE THEM YET!! I'm really pissed off....I ordered them Wednesday evening, and I always get my stuff 1-2 days later. they shipped it Friday, it should have been here yesterday. i think the estimated delivery date was yesterday, and I checked the website last night and it was changed to Monday.

If I dont get these blushes I'm going to scream!!!
angry.gif

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
My mall has a mac counter at Macy's, and a freestanding store. they are building a Nordstrom in the mall too, so maybe there will be a counter there too lol

I bet u guys are waiting for my review on these blushes right? I DONT HAVE THEM YET!! I'm really pissed off....I ordered them Wednesday evening, and I always get my stuff 1-2 days later. they shipped it Friday, it should have been here yesterday. i think the estimated delivery date was yesterday, and I checked the website last night and it was changed to Monday.

If I dont get these blushes I'm going to scream!!!
angry.gif

You get your packages ONLY in 1-2 days?? LUCKY girl!!!!! I have to wait at least one full week to get my stuff.
ssad.gif
It suuuuucks.

panther27

Quote:
cutey.gif

I know,right?Audrey,you are SO lucky to have a counter and a fs in 1 mall
clap.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddinary
Is Dainty similar to Shy Beauty BP (I missed out on this and I would love something similar)?

Thank you!!
smiles.gif

Yes, they are similar
smiles.gif

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpucu
Maybe it's different for the different types skins -on my lips looks like beige with slight hint of coral.

i was basing my description on how it looked in the tube.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
lovejoy.jpg

Love Joy on NC30.
smiles.gif

Oh my gosh...you are just too cute girl!
winkiss.gif
That color looks great on you, but then I think any of the colors would look lovely on you - seriously
kissy.gif

AlliSwan

Quote:
I got Merrily today!
yahoo.gif
I had to go to my freestanding store since my counter at Nordies was sold out... They were already out of Merrily, Dainty, Gleeful and one other one already! I have decided that I need all of these blushes. I swatched them all again today, and just adore them. They are the perfect formulation - not too matte, not too glittery, long wearing, and amazing colors. These are the best thing MAC has come out with in a long time IMO. Can you tell I am in love?
lol.gif

You wouldn't be talking International Plaza, would youuuu??

spectrolite

Quote:
cutey.gif

Here in Melbourne there are 2 department stores side by side in a big open street mall. It's great because if something is sold out in one location you can normally walk across to the other counter which is only a few meters away and they will have it. There are benches right outside for anyone who wants to have a little MAC nap >_<