MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

MrsMay

well I finally bit the bullet today and got my first mineralized blush
yes.gif

I am now the proud owner of.... Merrily!!

I was really unsure if I could pull this colour off as I am NW15/20 but after some playing around with my fantastic MA I decided to take this one home with me
tong.gif

I think Pleasantry will be next on my list though as this was my 2nd favourite and I've heard that this wont be coming back... although this may take a bit of budgeting as these babies are $43.00 in Australia
ssad.gif

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
^^^ I am NC 30 and I LOVE Pleasantry!! It is the best mineralized blush for me! Gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical_smiles
Hi yah, I'm between NC30 & NC40(summer) and I just bought Pleasantry. You'll definately like it. It's a nice pink and because you can build up how much you want it's great. You'll never go wrong with it. How bright it shows up in the pot alone is quite deceiving actually.

I really recommend you get it!!!!

You are the best girls! Thank you so much. Next time Im gonna hit the mall I will buy it.
th_DANCE.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaDKiTTy69
You are the best girls! Thank you so much. Next time Im gonna hit the mall I will buy it.
th_DANCE.gif

You won't regret it
winks.gif

glam8babe

yep i agree, joyous is a completely different colour all together.. it's a peach

whereas pleasantry is just PINK!
greengrin.gif

bis

Today I got my Merrily
yahoo.gif
All mine.

Susanne, just for you I had another look at Pleasantry and I cannot get this one to work on me. But I have Merrily
winkiss.gif

nadiya

My review as a lighter than NW15 girl:

Gentle: A good basic pink. It looks purple in the pot, but straight pink when I apply it to my cheeks. Nice, but not my favourite.

Merrily: Yes this is very pigmented but I actually find it goes really well with my skintone. I used the 187 to lightly dab it onto my cheek, then buffed it in with the 109. On me applied lightly it looks a little bit like Joyous.

Dainty: My favourite of the bunch. On me it's just the perfect soft pinky peach. I find it to be quite pink though, with not a lot of peach in it. I think this one would suit anyone with fair to olive skintones. Love it!!

anjelik_dreamin

I got Pleasantry and Dainty in the mail the other day (thanks Mac_Mocha!) and I LOVE them! I only have the 187 to apply them with but I think they give a natural and beautiful flush. I'll be so sad when my Pleasantry runs out
ssad.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Today I got my Merrily
yahoo.gif
All mine.

Susanne, just for you I had another look at Pleasantry and I cannot get this one to work on me. But I have Merrily
winkiss.gif

At least you gave it a try
winkiss.gif
Enjoy Merrily!

MacAddict_Sami

I have never been a blush person until this collection!! Before this, I really only owned "Fab" from the Barbie collection. In this collection I bought Love Thing; Love Joy; Nuance; Gentle and Gleeful and I LOVE each and every single one!! I wonder which ones they're going to bring back for the mineralize collection in Oct/Nov...

nadiya

Just tried Pleasantry and love it too! This is gorgeous, applied wet it looks quite a lot like Benefit Posie Tint on me. I was worried it would be too bright for my lighter than NW15 skin but it's fine. My faves in order are Dainty, Merrily and Pleasantry on equal par and then Gentle which is still nice. I hope it's true Dainty is coming back, I just love it!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAddict_Sami
I have never been a blush person until this collection!! Before this, I really only owned "Fab" from the Barbie collection. In this collection I bought Love Thing; Love Joy; Nuance; Gentle and Gleeful and I LOVE each and every single one!! I wonder which ones they're going to bring back for the mineralize collection in Oct/Nov...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph0891
is it true that only nuance, pleasantry and merrily are the ones that wont be permanent?

this has been asked/answered many times already. those three won't be coming back.

MACosine

I've gotten Dainty, Pleasantry, Nuance and Gentle. Dainty makes me look FABULOUS while Pleasantry and Gentle makes me look like I'm one of those dolls with overapplied blush. I'm not sure if I even like Nuance since it looks orangey on me but I'm not going to return it since its LE (and that is precisely why I even bought it in the first place). Can anyone tell me if I should get merrily (because its LE and I hate to miss it) because I'm NC 15 and I'm not sure if it'll be too much on me. I've read how good it looks on NW 15 chicks but I'm just wondering if the difference in the undertones of our complexion will make the blush look vastly different. TIA!

MILFY

Headed off to my local MAC store - the sonic chic range was released about a week ago in Aussie - Pleasantry, Dainty and one other (can't remember the shade) were sold out already!

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACosine
I've gotten Dainty, Pleasantry, Nuance and Gentle. Dainty makes me look FABULOUS while Pleasantry and Gentle makes me look like I'm one of those dolls with overapplied blush. I'm not sure if I even like Nuance since it looks orangey on me but I'm not going to return it since its LE (and that is precisely why I even bought it in the first place). Can anyone tell me if I should get merrily (because its LE and I hate to miss it) because I'm NC 15 and I'm not sure if it'll be too much on me. I've read how good it looks on NW 15 chicks but I'm just wondering if the difference in the undertones of our complexion will make the blush look vastly different. TIA!

im your colouring, and i brought merrily, i really like it ay, but i apply it lightly. but is a beautiful colour imo

MACosine

Does anyone have any idea as to why those 3 colours are chosen NOT to be re-released? Especially since Pleasantry looks so pleasantly lovely in the pot! Even though it makes me looks like a blush-over-applied doll.