MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy
Cleaning her ears?!
heart.gif
Got any pictures? What a sweetheart. Pet owners have hearts covered with furr indeed!

Merrily sounds really nice now
greengrin.gif
I can think of your bunny everytime I'd use it hehe!

I don't have any pictures of it, but he stands on his back feet and uses his front paws to pull an ear across his face, and his little pink tongue darts in and out and it's just the cutest freakin' thing ever!

Merrily shall henceforth be known as the "bunny blush".
greengrin.gif

On another note, I'm telling myself, hey, it's red! You have the red BPB! STAY AWAY FROM THE EXPENSIVE MERRILY!

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
I don't have any pictures of it, but he stands on his back feet and uses his front paws to pull an ear across his face, and his little pink tongue darts in and out and it's just the cutest freakin' thing ever!

Merrily shall henceforth be known as the "bunny blush".
greengrin.gif

On another note, I'm telling myself, hey, it's red! You have the red BPB! STAY AWAY FROM THE EXPENSIVE MERRILY!

Get it.

Now.

You hear me?

Noooooooooooooooow.

getyou.gif

Now, Samantha. Now.

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Get it.

Now.

You hear me?

Noooooooooooooooow.

getyou.gif

Now, Samantha. Now.

Sure. Just as soon as you get your Spiced Chocolate quad.

Julie5

I got merrily but it didnt work for me now I have to mail it back to mac.com
I wanted it to work I put it one once and went EEEEKKKKK.

Heiaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie5

Try one more time to apply it but wiht this time wiht a lighter hand.
It's very pigmented and quite a deep and dark colour very different form what I've used to so I firts applyid it with too heavy a hand and looked like a clown
winks.gif
If you get too much of it to your cheeck just go over it wiht some light powder to make it less vibrant, worked for me
smiles.gif

mac_aiken

I knew I needed to stay away from this thread but just couldn't do it so now I own Merrily, Dainty and Love Thing. Any other recs for this red haired, green eyed N2? Perhaps Pleasantry? I don't really have any pinks.

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken
I knew I needed to stay away from this thread but just couldn't do it so now I own Merrily, Dainty and Love Thing. Any other recs for this red haired, green eyed N2? Perhaps Pleasantry? I don't really have any pinks.

Pleasantry is beautiful. Nuance is quite pretty, too.
thmbup.gif

BlahWah

Quote:
Quote:

Aww, don't send it back, it'll be destroyed! Rather sell it to someone who wants it
smiles.gif

Yes, definitely give Merrily another try! It's incredibly pigmented - one light tap on the dome with my 129 made me look clownish! But I can't wait to try it again because the colour is amazing. It's worth the extra effort! Just not on a day when you're in a rush or have a nice place to go to, at least not for the first few tries, lol.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:

I apply my blush verrrrry heavy on a daily basis....I did it with this one too but u just CANT. You have to do it super lightly and build if necessary...but IF you still dont like it, please sell it to Psoniasis
greengrin.gif
so she can have her some Merrily

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken

Im happy with all the ones I got, except Nuance (i didnt like it because it was orange, like my skin....hard 2 explain it just didnt work 4 me) But I have Gentle and Pleasantry in addition to love thing and merrily, and I love them all!

Julie5

Girls What brush did you try it with I tried a 187 with it and I did feel clowish? I will try it one more time and see.And let you know. It looked so pretty on other people

Julie5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crystal~
I'm NW15 and I got Merrily!! You'll look great in it
greengrin.gif

Otherwise... I have Love Thing, Dainty and Gentle! (I know... the blasphemy... I decided I didn't want to pick up Pleasantry *gasp*)

Wow your lighter than me and it worked on you what is your secret that made it work on you?????
winkiss.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Girls What brush did you try it with I tried a 187 with it and I did feel clowish? I will try it one more time and see.And let you know. It looked so pretty on other people

I apply them with the 188 or a kabuki brush like the 181.

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I apply them with the 188 or a kabuki brush like the 181.

Me too, I use 182 big kabuki for my Dainty (and other non-mineral blushes). Some say 182 is too big for applying blush with, but it works for me
thmbup.gif
(that's probably cuz i have big hamster-like cheeks
lol.gif
)

CantAffordMAC

Quote:

I used my regular angled blush brush, because I really hate using my 187 for blushes...(dont kill me) I have a smaller skunk brush that i got frm Kohl's and it works good for these pigmented blushes
yes.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I used my regular angled blush brush, because I really hate using my 187 for blushes...(dont kill me)

fight.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Wow your lighter than me and it worked on you what is your secret that made it work on you?????
winkiss.gif

I am NW15 also and love Merrily. Here is a not so good picture of me wearing it... I apply with the Feather Duster brush from Kohls. It's much less dense than the 187 and 188 brush and it applies it beautifully. And it's less than $8. If I apply too much, I dip my kabuki in my pressed powder and buff over it. You can definately wear it, but VERY light handedly.
smiles.gif

m_e3c94df43d119b01a688097b1bbf50a4.jpg

AudreyNicole

Quote:
I saw that pic before, but I'm gonna say it again! You look like a beach barbie mamma
thmbup.gif

lol.gif
Thank you
smiles.gif
Yes, I posted it before, but more talk of Merrily has surfaced, so I reposted since I couldn't find the original post.
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am NW15 also and love Merrily. Here is a not so good picture of me wearing it... I apply with the Feather Duster brush from Kohls. It's much less dense than the 187 and 188 brush and it applies it beautifully. And it's less than $8. If I apply too much, I dip my kabuki in my pressed powder and buff over it. You can definately wear it, but VERY light handedly.
smiles.gif

m_e3c94df43d119b01a688097b1bbf50a4.jpg

Audrey, I love that picture!! So beautiful
winkiss.gif