MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

MzErica2881

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am NW15 also and love Merrily. Here is a not so good picture of me wearing it... I apply with the Feather Duster brush from Kohls. It's much less dense than the 187 and 188 brush and it applies it beautifully. And it's less than $8. If I apply too much, I dip my kabuki in my pressed powder and buff over it. You can definately wear it, but VERY light handedly.
smiles.gif

m_e3c94df43d119b01a688097b1bbf50a4.jpg

I use a fiber optic brush with Merrily, and one dip is enough for that natural look
yes.gif
Maybe I'll get a feather duster brush to try. I never tried a feather duster brush before
th_dunno.gif

spectrolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie5
Girls What brush did you try it with I tried a 187 with it and I did feel clowish? I will try it one more time and see.And let you know. It looked so pretty on other people

The 109 Small Contour brush is absolute magic with these blushes. It is such a versatile brush
smiles.gif

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I apply my blush verrrrry heavy on a daily basis....I did it with this one too but u just CANT. You have to do it super lightly and build if necessary...but IF you still dont like it, please sell it to Psoniasis
greengrin.gif
so she can have her some Merrily

You goof. I think I forgot to tell you it's pronounced suh-NAY-iss.
tong.gif

BaDKiTTy69

Im jumping up and down!!! I just placed my order for Pleasantry! I know, finally, right?
smiles.gif
And the coolest thing is I went to macys.com and they have them for $18.50!!!!! Can you belive it??? I wonder why??? I wish I knew it earlier!!! Had to share
smiles.gif

So now I will be waiting for it to come in
smiles.gif

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
fight.gif

You wanna know why? Well #1, when i dip it into the blush or whatever it may be, I cant see the product on the brush...so i dont know how much is on there...plus I feel like I cant swirl the blush or even pat it...because of the way the bristles are. #2 is because now I use my 187 for my SFF, sooooo the only way id buy a second 187 to use for blushes would be if I didnt have problem #1.....
oh.gif

Yeaaaaaaaaah. LoL Im a weirdo I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
The 109 Small Contour brush is absolute magic with these blushes. It is such a versatile brush
smiles.gif

Oh geez remind me how much I want this brush. I think i could justify buying 2 of these bad boys...
choochoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
You goof. I think I forgot to tell you it's pronounced suh-NAY-iss.
tong.gif

ahaha, I was waiting for u to tell me...but I like Psoniasis better..
th_dunno.gif
Sucksss to be you.

Sanayhs

Quote:
You wanna know why? Well #1, when i dip it into the blush or whatever it may be, I cant see the product on the brush...so i dont know how much is on there...plus I feel like I cant swirl the blush or even pat it...because of the way the bristles are. #2 is because now I use my 187 for my SFF, sooooo the only way id buy a second 187 to use for blushes would be if I didnt have problem #1.....
oh.gif

Oh geez remind me how much I want this brush. I think i could justify buying 2 of these bad boys...
choochoo.gif

th_dunno.gif
Sucksss to be you.

See above where you called yourself a weirdo.

erine1881

Quote:
oh.gif

choochoo.gif

th_dunno.gif
Sucksss to be you.

you crack me up weirdo!

and you can swirl it with no worries! i swirl, pat, tap, dip and swipe.
yes.gif

and 2 #109s can definately be justified. that's why i have 3!

blindpassion

Quote:

choochoo.gif

I have two of those bad boys.
Seriously.
They are basically the only brush I could justify owning two of.

rbella

^^^First of all, I missed you blind. You light up my life.

Second, the 109 lights up my life as well. It is my HG brush for sure. I think Audrey has basically hit on the nose with the point that you have to use a light hand with Merrily. No matter what brush you use.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
^^^First of all, I missed you blind. You light up my life.

Second, the 109 lights up my life as well. It is my HG brush for sure. I think Audrey has basically hit on the nose with the point that you have to use a light hand with Merrily. No matter what brush you use.

You light up my life as well Rbella
smiles.gif

and the 109 is the best brush ever made.

~Crystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella

Absolutely right! I take back what I said about the 188 being THE brush to use for the pigmented ones like Love Thing and Merrily... because I haven't TOUCHED either of my 188 brushes for weeks! I've been using... *gasp* the 181se!!

Yep that's right. A kabuki... with the two most pigmented blushes in the collection... on NW15 skin haha

It works
greengrin.gif
You just have to make sure you don't pick up too much product- touch the brush LIGHTLY to the blush, then swirl it on the plastic insert and apply! Works like a dream
smiles.gif

Sanayhs

...I might have been in MAC today, playing with Merrily and admiring it.
blush-anim-cl.gif

I only left with a couple of pigment samples, though! (Antique Green, Mega-Rich, Blonde's Gold).

Miss QQ

I didn't get Merrily in the end, and I have decided not to get it. How ironic, because when I said here I want to get it, I heard lots of praises on how lovely the colour is. But then the underlining point is that it is tricky to apply. Especially so for me, since I put makeup in the morning before work, always rushing
sweatdrop.gif

Heiaken

I got Merrily because I didn't have a red blush and I really like the texture of the mineralize blushes. It can be tricky but not overly, once you get the hang of it there's nothing to worry about
smiles.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
...I might have been in MAC today, playing with Merrily and admiring it.
blush-anim-cl.gif

I only left with a couple of pigment samples, though! (Antique Green, Mega-Rich, Blonde's Gold).

Aaaaaaand?
winkiss.gif

Heiaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy
Me too, I use 182 big kabuki for my Dainty (and other non-mineral blushes). Some say 182 is too big for applying blush with, but it works for me

I've been using the 182 too
greengrin.gif

~Crystal~

YAY!! My Gentle arrived today!! I love these blushes- I can't seem to choose between them!! I keep alternating- Merrily for a few days... Dainty for the next few once I try it again and see how gorgeous it is- then Love Thing for a couple of days... and now, I'm sure, Gentle for another few days XD

These are some of the BEST MAC products ever made!!!!

Moxy

I'm still in love with Dainty myself!
love.gif

And Gentle is next on the list to get, once they're repromoted.
thmbup.gif

Catatonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy
I'm still in love with Dainty myself!
love.gif

And Gentle is next on the list to get, once they're repromoted.
thmbup.gif

Oh I adore Dainty too, its perfect! You'll love Gentle too, its great.
th_DANCE.gif

I really like the way they look on my skin, they are seriously the best blushes I have ever used. I neglected NARS completely since I got these.