MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaDKiTTy69
Plus I think Nuace will last for a long time. I use mine almost everyday too and its still looks like brand new.

Which brush do you use? Because I've been using Dainty every single day for 2 months now and the "dome" is nearly gone, it's gonna be flat like a normal blush soon! I use #182 by the way.

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy
Which brush do you use? Because I've been using Dainty every single day for 2 months now and the "dome" is nearly gone, it's gonna be flat like a normal blush soon! I use #182 by the way.

I use 168SE, for me it works better then any other brush.
th_dunno.gif

Moxy

Oooh I have 168SE too! I used to use it for blushes, now I use it for my highlighter (usually Vanilla pigment). It's a good brush
smiles.gif

andreacvbb

hey girls...

its me...i am back from my holidays in germany...times run...
so i finally have pleasantry,gentle,dainty,nuance,love thing and merrily...
i love them all...but they dissapear at the half of the day...and pleasantry isnt a "true" pink on me
ssad.gif
(nw15)....my faves are: pleasantry,dainty,gentle and love thing...

i am sooooooooo happy......

next month i begin my makeup lessons in a school, 6 months, 2 days a week, for 3 hours....i want to be an makeupartist....i am sooo nervous.....

have to tell this to someone....
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

Moxy

Aww yaay for the blushes! And your make up school!

They disappear on me after 6 hours too, sadly.

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreacvbb
but they dissapear at the half of the day...
i

Quote:
They disappear on me after 6 hours too, sadly.

Do you use any primers before you apply your makeup?

Nzsallyb

i am definitely going to pick up dainty when it comes out again (here in NZ the blushed sold out in 3 days at my counter!) when i went in only merrily was left!! but i snapped that one up.

no pleasantry for me........

Moxy

Quote:
Do you use any primers before you apply your makeup?

Yeah, MAC's prep+prime SPF 50 primer, then foundation and blot powder, blusher and then i set it with thermal water in spray. It looks good for about 5-6 hours but then it suddenly disappears and i have to re-apply
yes.gif

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:
Yeah, MAC's prep+prime SPF 50 primer, then foundation and blot powder, blusher and then i set it with thermal water in spray. It looks good for about 5-6 hours but then it suddenly disappears and i have to re-apply
yes.gif

Thtas weird, cause almost all my blushes stay on me all day long. My MSF Natural comes off of my T-zone, but the cheeks always have color on me.

Moxy

I guess it varies from skin to skin
th_dunno.gif
Blushes never stayed on me, but now that I come to think of it, i DO touch my face a lot
blush-anim-cl.gif
I guess they'd stay on longer if i left my face alone
lol.gif

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:
I guess it varies from skin to skin
th_dunno.gif
Blushes never stayed on me, but now that I come to think of it, i DO touch my face a lot
blush-anim-cl.gif
I guess they'd stay on longer if i left my face alone
lol.gif

Yes, touching your face is not helping... lol... I notice when I am on the phone a lot, all my makeup is on my phone, not on my face.
lol.gif

Moxy

Quote:
Yes, touching your face is not helping... lol... I notice when I am on the phone a lot, all my makeup is on my phone, not on my face.
lol.gif

Hahaha true, same here! I've got a white mobile phone and when I'm done chatting the phone has foundation and blusher on lol. And it doesn't match its complexion
lol.gif

princess

The blush don't last long on me too! I am disappointed, since I never had problems with blush not staying on me.

Sanayhs

ALL of my makeup (except lipgloss) stays on my face.
oh.gif

I would KILL IT if it transferred to anything else my face came in contact with.

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
I would KILL IT

lol.gif

What would that look like? Smashing an eyeshadow and thus transforming it into a pigment?
lol.gif

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
ALL of my makeup (except lipgloss) stays on my face.
oh.gif

Lucky you! I wonder if you've got dry skin?

Sanayhs

Quote:
Lucky you! I wonder if you've got dry skin?

Used to be. Lately has been an oily bitch. Which has made me extra insane about washing and moisturizing twice a day. It's all about what you lay down as a base - primer for skin (I go for smashbox), good foundation (MUFE for me, please!) and a good base for the eyes (paint is my product of choice
thmbup.gif
). For the lips, cremestick liners are fantastic. Set everything (I use loose silica powder, super cheap and effective), and it should be good to go for the day. The other thing is not using excess.
yes.gif
It works for me, anyway!

Plus, my face is a sweaty monster, so I'm pretty adament about stuff that's not going to melt off. Which means generally MAC's foundations and whatnot are SO out of the question (also, they're too dark for me). I usually end up sweating quite a bit at my oh-so-sexy job (housekeeping in a hotel, awesome) where I will wear everything but lip colour (just keep it to sheer gloss), and everything still looks perfect by the end of the day.

Have you ever tried to use MSF natural and then sweat at all? That stuff melts in an instand and runs off the face, and that is GROSS.
nonono.gif
If I'm paying lots of money for decent cosmetics, they better well perform.

Sanayhs

Quote:
lol.gif

What would that look like? Smashing an eyeshadow and thus transforming it into a pigment?
lol.gif

Oh, dude, not only the product but the packaging too would be completely mangled - I'd bash it into teeny bits all while cussing it out!
th_DANCE.gif