MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

BaDKiTTy69

Yes, I am fighting with my oily skin too... I have Smashbox light primer and MAC prep and prime primer... still my makeup melts...
sweatdrop.gif
angry.gif
I tried MUFE foundation, its got pretty much same effect on me as MAC SFF foundations. So I am still looking for my perfect primer and foundation. Sucks to be oily.
yucky.gif
For my eyes I use UDPP, I just love this stuff and dont know how did I live without it before.
sigh.gif

BlahWah

Hmmm... I noticed today that my Eversun didn't look so sunny by mid-day and the only difference is that I used a liquid foundation instead of powder (well, my Studio Select concealer but essentially, not my msf loose). I wonder if that's the difference? I'm going to try again tomorrow but with the msf natural dusted over my cheeks first. That may solve our disappearing msf blush mystery!

BaDKiTTy69

And I use MSF Natural all summer long... Today I tried to use liquid foundation, so I will update on my cheeks a little bit later.

andreacvbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy
Aww yaay for the blushes! And your make up school!

They disappear on me after 6 hours too, sadly.

thank u sooo much
winkiss.gif

andreacvbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaDKiTTy69
Do you use any primers before you apply your makeup?

no...i just use my moisturizing cream, then my foundation and after that my msfn...no base ...i think i have to try it out.....
yes.gif
...thanks for ur help

sua

Quote:
Yes, I am fighting with my oily skin too... I have Smashbox light primer and MAC prep and prime primer... still my makeup melts...
sweatdrop.gif
angry.gif
I tried MUFE foundation, its got pretty much same effect on me as MAC SFF foundations. So I am still looking for my perfect primer and foundation. Sucks to be oily.
yucky.gif
For my eyes I use UDPP, I just love this stuff and dont know how did I live without it before.
sigh.gif

have you tried p+p spf 50, maybelline dream matte, revlon colorstay liquid fdtn, mufe mat velvet plus (or something), or mufe hd powder?
--
SIIIGGGH. I'm still upset Merrily isn't permanent! I'll probably buy 1-2 more backups.
th_dunno.gif

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sua
have you tried p+p spf 50, revlon colorstay liquid fdtn,

I've tried that combo plus powder over foundation and then blush and it still slipped away.

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by sua
have you tried p+p spf 50, maybelline dream matte, revlon colorstay liquid fdtn, mufe mat velvet plus (or something), or mufe hd powder?
--
SIIIGGGH. I'm still upset Merrily isn't permanent! I'll probably buy 1-2 more backups.
th_dunno.gif

No, but I will give them a try! Thanks.
What is a difference between p+p spf 50 and the regular one?

Moxy

One is in SPF of course, you can't beat the "50" hehe. I prefer the 50 one because it's less oily on me, it sinks well into my skin, it protects it well (spf 50, hello
greengrin.gif
) and makes skin all nice and ready for foundation.

blindpassion

Quote:
No, but I will give them a try! Thanks.
What is a difference between p+p spf 50 and the regular one?

Prep and Prime Face has no SPF protection
Prep and Prime Face tends to have a lighter feel imho.

Prep and Prime SPF 50 has 50 spf built into it to protect your skin during the day.
Prep and Prime SPF 50 also holds your makeup much better then the regular prep and prime does.
Prep and Prime SPF 50 is slightly (hardly) thicker to apply.

I own both, and use them both at different times.
If I want the SPF protection I will use the SPF 50 one.
If Im going out at night I will usually use the Prep and Prime face
or if Im just doing casual face makeup and dont need to worry about using SPF ill use the prep and prime face.

They both work VERY well in my opinion and are nice to apply
Its basically just about personal preferrence. Try a sample of both and see how they work for you.
smiles.gif

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Prep and Prime Face has no SPF protection

Prep and Prime SPF 50 has 50 spf built into it to protect your skin during the day.

Prep and Prime SPF 50 also holds your makeup much better then the regular prep and prime does.

Prep and Prime SPF 50 is slightly (hardly) thicker to apply.

Prep and Prime Face tends to have a lighter feel imho.

Oh my, now I really need it! lol
Thanks, dolls.
th_DANCE.gif

Moxy

Oh I'm a complete and dedicated Dainty whore. I used to wear blush 5 days a week (work or Uni or going out), and now I wear blush 7 days a week, just so i can put Dainty on everyday. I CAN'T WAIT for these to come back to get more of Dainty and some other colours as well.

Catatonia

I LOVE these blushes! I'm in love with Dainty, seriously
pretty.gif

I got myself Dainty, Gentle, Pleasantry and Warm Soul and today I ordered Merrily too. I haven't seen it in person but some girls here have said so many good things about it and how it can work on pale skin too so I HAD TO have it.

blindpassion

I have Merrily, Dainty, Gentle, Pleasantry, and Love Thing. By far, the most I have ever bought from a single collection. And I really like all of them
smiles.gif

Sanayhs

I find Gleeful kind of boring. I adore Love Thing. Merrily and Nuance are pretty great, too. Pleasantry is pretty. Warm soul is ok, good for those days when some other feature is particularly intense. I don't have the other three. I'm still glad I haven't paid retail for any of these.

coachkitten

I agree with Catatonia & Moxy. I love Dainty as well. I am suprised because normally I go for colors that are a bit pinker. But I have found myself using dainty everyday.