MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

panther27

Something tells me that these are going to be SO hot looking in person!
yes.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
Something tells me that these are going to be SO hot looking in person!
yes.gif

I hope to get them on Thursday!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one

You know, it's really ok just to pick up one or two items from a collection
yes.gif
No one should buy just because of excitement, but because its something that you love & know that the colors will work for you
winks.gif

I know that when I came home from seeing them, I wanted nearly all of them. The day after, I had narrowed it down to 5. Two days after, I was down to 3, and now, I think I am just going to get one. In thinking about it, and trying to decide which ones I want, I asked myself "would you want it/buy it if it WEREN'T MINERALIZED?" My list got shorter all of a sudden
winks.gif

Quote:
Good heavens, page 28 wants to be page 27 all over again
smiles.gif
Does that just happen for me?

Yes, it happens to me all the time, and it drives me bonkers!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
nope, for some reason the page number and thread number don't match. i posted about this too. it's confusing and i keep clicking on the non-existent last page everytime
th_LMAO.gif

Yes! I kept doing the same darn thing...but I can be an artard sometimes
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I know that when I came home from seeing them, I wanted nearly all of them. The day after, I had narrowed it down to 5. Two days after, I was down to 3, and now, I think I am just going to get one. In thinking about it, and trying to decide which ones I want, I asked myself "would you want it/buy it if it WEREN'T MINERALIZED?" My list got shorter all of a sudden
winks.gif

Yes, it happens to me all the time, and it drives me bonkers!

I hear ya. I cut back the eyeshadows to just 3. Ah, we're just being kids in the candy store thats all
wacko.gif
amuse.gif

Well, I'm glad the page thingy wasn't just me...cause I thought I was losing it
bangin.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I hope to get them on Thursday!

Oh Susanne, I can't wait to hear what you think! You will share with the class
yes.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Oh Susanne, I can't wait to hear what you think! You will share with the class
yes.gif

Oh, I am so excited! I try to take my mind off things all day...
whistle.gif

I will share my thoughts and pics with you!
yes.gif

xoxprincessx0x

Quote:
winks.gif

haha story of my life...when I first see a collection I want it all then I have to stop, think, and be realistic. Boo, I hate being realistic.
thmbdn.gif

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Oh, I am so excited! I try to take my mind off things all day...
whistle.gif

I will share my thoughts and pics with you!
yes.gif

Please do! I love your pics! I have a feeling after hearing your thoughts on these, my list will creep back up from 0 to 5....
nonono.gif

rbella

Quote:
winks.gif

Good call, Audrey. I swear you could put the term "mineralized" on an enima and I'd buy it.

rbella

Quote:
Good heavens, page 28 wants to be page 27 all over again
smiles.gif
Does that just happen for me?

No, it happens to me also. Drives me nuts. The first time it happened, I thought I was losing my mind. I kept thinking "haven't I already read this before?"

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
Good call, Audrey. I swear you could put the term "mineralized" on an enima and I'd buy it.

lol.gif
th_roll1.gif
th_LMAO.gif
OMG, that had me laughing so hard, I was crying!
lol.gif

BlahWah

Frikkin' eh, just saw Karlasugar's new swatches... I think I'll still keep to 2 with Merrily & Gentle, but Love Thing looks interesting, as does Nuance and Warm Soul...
ssad.gif
How to decide?

postcard

I was just looking at Karla Sugar's swatches too. I'm so happy to see the rest of them. I was curious about gleeful but I think it is close to Feeling BPB. Since I got four of those I think I will just get Pleasantry. Hopefully these will be around for awhile too, because at that price it is hard to just get a whole bunch.

iheartangE

Quote:
In thinking about it, and trying to decide which ones I want, I asked myself "would you want it/buy it if it WEREN'T MINERALIZED?" My list got shorter all of a sudden
winks.gif

That is a great point-you know, I think I'm going to stop telling myself "I'll just see how many I want when I get there" and just declare right now that I will only be getting 2 of these. So far I like the looks of Gentle and Gleeful, but when I test them out I'll pick my two favorites/shades I know I'll use often and leave it at that.

...And I swear this has nothing to do with my $75 mini-haul today that was entirely uncalled for and not at all smart given my current financial situation (but oh so delicious!).

Ruffage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
The more I think about this (overnight, whoopty doo) the more I am unsure of what to do. I own a plethora of blushes and only really use the ones from my NARS collection. I have quite a large collection of both NARS and MAC blushes, but if I'm always gravitating toward the other, perhaps I could skip this altogether and save some money?
th_dunno.gif

I have always felt that the payoff of NARS blushes is so much better, and that the colors are more workable for my skin tone. I wonder if I am just getting tempted by all the excitement of this launch? Perhaps this is not a necessity for me. Somebody please talk me out of buying these.....
th_wallbash.gif

Okay.

The following is similar to what I think to myself when I need to talk myself out of a collection:

So you have a lot of blushes. All of them sitting in drawers, filling up space. And you really only use NARS. You already know the reason is because NARS' color payoff is much better than MAC's and the colors suit you better*. You probably know that once you buy the MAC blushes, they will just be used maybe once or twice before they join their brothers and sisters in the drawers in the dark.

Why you should not buy from this collection:

1. Imagine how much of a hassle it is if you suddenly have to move or make room in your drawer/traincase/vanity table for newer better collections and cosmetics. Where are you going to put all those extra blushes which you will never use? What will you do with them? Sell them? You will probably feel reluctant because it's nice to own this stuff. Plus it's so troublesome to go on eBay and wait for customers and ship them this stuff. You might change your mind mid-way. Give them away? It's not always so easy to find a friend or relative who is as crazy about MAC. You may secretly wonder if they feel you are unloading undesirable stuff on them.

2. Imagine the feeling of seeing a ton of blushes, and that there are more interesting cosmetics collections coming out. You will probably feel pressured to use up the blushes you already have, and yet it suddenly seems like such a chore, because you feel they are of an inferior quality. You look at them, know you need to use them, and yet when you apply these MAC blushes, instead of feeling pretty you are thinking of how much better NARS blushes are compared to what you are putting on your face. Woman, it is like being in an unhealthy relationship with a man with whom you are not attracted where you keep eyeing the other, better man (or so I'm told :p).

3. Imagine at the end of the month/quarter/year, counting all the money you have spent on blushes that are just sitting in drawers not being used (along with other miscellaneous products that the hype persuaded you to purchase) You could have bought one really awesome but more expensive product from another line instead of an extra three MAC blushes. Maybe a nice jacket, a designer fragrance, or just spend it towards other aspects of your life. It's a lot of money not being well spent and product not being well enjoyed.

4. According to personal field-testing, once you put the blush on your face, no one is going to notice if it's a peach-pink, coral-pink or a yellow-pink except you, as long as you look healthy. So it's really not necessary to own every shade on the planet.

Of course, in the end, money is meant to be spent (though with where the economy is heading you might want to save a bit). The question is: Is this money buying you long-term happiness and contentment (NARS blushes) or short-term part-of-the-hype excitement (MAC collections)? And when the honeymoon is over, will it have bought you guilt or will it make you feel smart because it's a great investment?

*I'm not saying by any means that MAC blushes are inferior (I love MAC, don't hurt me!). I'm just saying that if you already have your Holy Grail blush or know what works for you, there's really no point in getting other blushes.

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffage
Okay.

2. Imagine the feeling of seeing a ton of blushes, and that there are more interesting cosmetics collections coming out. You will probably feel pressured to use up the blushes you already have, and yet it suddenly seems like such a chore, because you feel they are of an inferior quality. You look at them, know you need to use them, and yet when you apply these MAC blushes, instead of feeling pretty you are thinking of how much better NARS blushes are compared to what you are putting on your face. Woman, it is like being in an unhealthy relationship with a man with whom you are not attracted where you keep eyeing the other, better man (or so I'm told :p).

3. Imagine at the end of the month/quarter/year, counting all the money you have spent on blushes that are just sitting in drawers not being used (along with other miscellaneous products that the hype persuaded you to purchase) You could have bought one really awesome but more expensive product from another line instead of an extra three MAC blushes. Maybe a nice jacket, a designer fragrance, or just spend it towards other aspects of your life. It's a lot of money not being well spent and product not being well enjoyed.

Of course, in the end, money is meant to be spent (though with where the economy is heading you might want to save a bit). The question is: Is this money buying you long-term happiness and contentment (NARS blushes) or short-term part-of-the-hype excitement (MAC collections)? And when the honeymoon is over, will it have bought you guilt or will it make you feel smart because it's a great investment?

All very good points. These definitely stand out. Just realized-I hope no one feels I'm dissing their blushes. I just love my NARS....

I think you are a very level-headed person and I would like you to be my new best friend.
smiles.gif
I have an opening.....

Seriously, this was great advice. Thank you for putting so much effort into your response. Definitely helped me out! You're awesome!