MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

newagetomatoz

Crap! I forgot to include rbella and my darkishstar in my 'ps'! Oh, well! Now you get a box just for you!
tong.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz

P.S.>>elegant-one, Audrey, Susanne, & erine1881: I
heart.gif
you all more than my MAC, shoe, bag, lawn gnome, and book collections combined.

That actual made my eyes water up...
cry.gif

Aw well, I love all your posts & comments & feel that same about about ya too...
th_kiss.gif

Wow...the comradery on this board is truly amazing to me. I wonder if this is kind of a phenomenon
winks.gif

oh, & to be right up there with the lawn gnome is an honor
smiles.gif
...crackin me up

Susanne

Quote:

heart.gif

blush-anim-cl.gif
drinkup.gif
for having friends like you all!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
I would LOVE to me meet all you lovely ladies! we could get some MAC and margaritas!!
drinkup.gif

I will definitely come to the US one day. Not this year, but hopefully next.

BTW are you alright? I watch the pics of the forest fires in California every night in the news.

purrtykitty

Quote:
I would LOVE to me meet all you lovely ladies! we could get some MAC and margaritas!!
drinkup.gif

I like the way you think!!
greengrin.gif

rbella

Quote:
Crap! I forgot to include rbella and my darkishstar in my 'ps'! Oh, well! Now you get a box just for you!
tong.gif

Are you trying to make me cry? That is so dang sweet! I love you guys too. I look so forward to coming on here everyday! Feels like family.
th_hug.gif

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I will definitely come to the US one day. Not this year, but hopefully next.

Oh, I hope you do! Maybe you can come when a launch is set to come here first. Then you can bring it back home to all your friends and say "ha ha, lookie what I got!!"

newagetomatoz

Quote:
I guess if we met one day we would still like eachother!

We need to seriously have like a international convention for Specktra someday where members from all over the world meet for a weekend somewhere! I would completely clear my schedule and make arrangements for that!

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
oh, & to be right up there with the lawn gnome is an honor
smiles.gif
...crackin me up

rofl.gif
That cracked me up!

purrtykitty

Quote:
We need to seriously have like a international convention for Specktra someday where members from all over the world meet for a weekend somewhere! I would completely clear my schedule and make arrangements for that!

My world would be put on hold for that! If I were pregnant and ready to give birth, I'd ask for a stash of drugs to halt labor just so I wouldn't miss a minute!!

erine1881

Quote:
heart.gif

blush-anim-cl.gif
kissy.gif

clslvr6spd

Quote:
BTW are you alright? I watch the pics of the forest fires in California every night in the news.

I'm okay, thanks for askin! There is a shit ton of fires going on in this damn state, where I am at is getting hit with a ton of smoke!
This world is just going to hell in a hand basket on a rocket ship!!

MMMMM...margaritas, sonic chic, & electroflash. That sounds like a good day.
winks.gif

rbella

^^^Lord I love margaritas!! Add chips, queso, the ladies from Specktra and MAC and I'd be in true heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
^^^Lord I love margaritas!! Add chips, queso, the ladies from Specktra and MAC and I'd be in true heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mmm, I think we have the makings of a Spectacular Specktra Soiree!!

Ruffage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
All very good points. These definitely stand out. Just realized-I hope no one feels I'm dissing their blushes. I just love my NARS....

I think you are a very level-headed person and I would like you to be my new best friend.
smiles.gif
I have an opening.....

Seriously, this was great advice. Thank you for putting so much effort into your response. Definitely helped me out! You're awesome!

Haha, I'll take that opening if it's still available
greengrin.gif

Regarding how much of MAC is hype: This is a topic I have wanted to address in detail for a long time. I didn't, because this community is based on this love of MAC cosmetics and it would be a rather unfavourable topic, because seeing how everybody loves MAC here it would be easily taken as an accusation. Plus as someone (student of Social Sciences) who is very interested in marketing and other social topics I can get very long winded, even more so than I am usually.

Please note that I am not attacking the community, or anybody personally. It surprises me to see how so many view the word "hype" so negatively, and feel it necessary to re-establish the cohesiveness of the community, when "hype" is just a marketing technique at which MAC (NOT Specktra) is extremely good and for which MAC (again, NOT Specktra) is responsible.

Some of the ladies posting here have been fans of MAC for a long time, and may not have been as affected by the excitement, but from what I have seen in the forums over the years it seems otherwise. Some personally may not feel that they are generating hype, and I'm not saying that they are, because hype does not come from individuals, but through a group of individuals, triggered by specific marketing moves.

If I go into too much detail, this would go off topic. So I will make a new thread in the MAC chat forum. It seems like a good time to launch an in depth discussion.

EDIT: The thread would be posted sometime tomorrow or the day after. I'm trying to consolidate all the information on MAC and its marketing into a coherent read and it's getting kind of...long. I've warned you all :p.

darkishstar

Quote:
tong.gif

Thank you darling.
yahoo.gif

Quote:
iagree.gif
With every collection I have to step back and evaluate the collection based on me. This is my collection and goes on me, and not theirs nor goes on them. Like with the new MES, I'm just not a big fan, but I periodically fall into the hype and want one, but then I step back and have to remember that I didn't like the first ones that I had. Sometimes I feel like I'm entering the "mature" phase of collecting makeup where you exercise prudence and descretion when buying.

heart.gif

I really agree with this and what elegant-one and Audrey have posted as well. The same thing happened with Parrot... and once it was re-released... people realized.. it wasn't that special after all, sure it's beautiful, but not really worth the $80 it was going for. Sometimes the hype is overwhelming. Sure, let yourself get excited over the collection and all the colors, but in the end, buy was looks right on you, don't buy it because everyone else is buying it.
smiles.gif

darkishstar

Quote:
I'm okay, thanks for askin! There is a shit ton of fires going on in this damn state, where I am at is getting hit with a ton of smoke!
This world is just going to hell in a hand basket on a rocket ship!!

MMMMM...margaritas, sonic chic, & electroflash. That sounds like a good day.
winks.gif

Ah, I'm glad you're okay. I'm glad there's no brush fires around me (though I am in Cal too), but yeah, I remember once when the smoke and ash was SO bad... that you became tired just walking around... horrific!

Sonic Chic... Electroflash... Colour Forms is what I'll need.
greengrin.gif

I need my damn blush!
I need to learn how to use it.
greengrin.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Thank you darling.
yahoo.gif

I really agree with this and what elegant-one and Audrey have posted as well. The same thing happened with Parrot... and once it was re-released... people realized.. it wasn't that special after all, sure it's beautiful, but not really worth the $80 it was going for. Sometimes the hype is overwhelming. Sure, let yourself get excited over the collection and all the colors, but in the end, buy was looks right on you, don't buy it because everyone else is buying it.
smiles.gif

I LOVE Parrot! This is one MAC item I couldn't live without. I am glad I have a backup. Well, I probably wouldn't pay $ 80 for it... But who knows...
tong.gif