MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

trollydolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceuk
I hope they go up on the UK site today, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

me too but ive got a feeling its going to be tomorrow
thmbdn.gif

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Good heavens, page 28 wants to be page 27 all over again
smiles.gif
Does that just happen for me?

Uh-oh! page 29 wants to be page 28 now....
thmbdn.gif

Ang9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollydolly
me too but ive got a feeling its going to be tomorrow
thmbdn.gif

But would we really get it before the US though?
th_dunno.gif

Ang9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceuk
We did get the Beauty powders a few days early so you never know we might.
th_dunno.gif

I hope not!!
lol.gif
Ive just booked a holiday, my pocket can't handle 2 gorgeous collections at once!!

elegant-one

I don't think that its 'hype' at all to come to Specktra and talk about how much we love makeup, MAC, or any particular collection or specific product - I thought that was why we were here. That's why I'm here, because I share the love of makeup, beauty and the friendship with others who feel the same.

Just because you rave or swoon about how great or pretty a collection or eyeshadow or blush is, certainly does not lend itself to be considered hype. It is simply a personal expression of something that is appealing to us.

These blushes will be just as gorgeous as the BPB & Alpha Girl & many others that I'm glad I searched out the 'hype' about because they are incredible & pretty products worthy of the excitement
smiles.gif
found here.

rbella

Quote:
I don't think that its 'hype' at all to come to Specktra and talk about how much we love makeup, MAC, or any particular collection or specific product - I thought that was why we were here. That's why I'm here, because I share the love of makeup, beauty and the friendship with others who feel the same.

Just because you rave or swoon about how great or pretty a collection or eyeshadow or blush is, certainly does not lend itself to be considered hype. It is simply a personal expression of something that is appealing to us.

These blushes will be just as gorgeous as the BPB & Alpha Girl & many others that I'm glad I searched out the 'hype' about because they are incredible & pretty products worthy of the excitement
smiles.gif
found here.

I love elegant one.
winkiss.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:

smiles.gif
found here.

Very well said Elegant-one
smiles.gif
I agree. I don't think it's "hype" to post excitement over an upcoming collection at all. That being said, I think falling victim to the "hype" is when you buy a product that everyone else raves about even though you don't like it or it doesn't flatter you. I did this with Moth Brown e/s. It was hyped up as this fabulous product that everyone loved, that could "never be duped" so when it came out, I bought it, even though I didn't really care for it. I have used it once. Same with Queen's Sin l/s. I bought it cause everyone was saying how wonderful it was, even though I never wear red lips. While I am very excited about Sonic Chic, I am really excited about 2-3 of the blushes, not ALL of them. IMO, falling into the "hype" would be going there and buying all 9 of them, even though I wouldn't use 3/4 of them. That's for me personally.

rbella

Little demon nephew is awake. Be gone for awhile. Don't have too much fun while I'm gone!!

seabird

i think i'm going to definitely pick some of these up as i didn't get any of the bpb's and i'm regretting that so much
ssad.gif
now the difficult task is to choose which colours! sometimes i feel lucky that i'm in the uk and we get collections about a month behind because i get to see lots of swatches/opinions so i can definitely make up my mind.

princess

From the swatches posted, I will just be getting two. Yay!
yahoo.gif

Should I get another Tendertone in this case? LOL!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang9000
I hope not!!
lol.gif
Ive just booked a holiday, my pocket can't handle 2 gorgeous collections at once!!

Two gorgeous collections at once? Probably three or four!

Cool Heat, Electroflash, Sonic Chic and New View? I called three different counters and the pro store here, they all confirmed all collections for this week.

Make your wallets ready!!

Susanne

Quote:

smiles.gif
found here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
smiles.gif
I agree. I don't think it's "hype" to post excitement over an upcoming collection at all. That being said, I think falling victim to the "hype" is when you buy a product that everyone else raves about even though you don't like it or it doesn't flatter you. I did this with Moth Brown e/s. It was hyped up as this fabulous product that everyone loved, that could "never be duped" so when it came out, I bought it, even though I didn't really care for it. I have used it once. Same with Queen's Sin l/s. I bought it cause everyone was saying how wonderful it was, even though I never wear red lips. While I am very excited about Sonic Chic, I am really excited about 2-3 of the blushes, not ALL of them. IMO, falling into the "hype" would be going there and buying all 9 of them, even though I wouldn't use 3/4 of them. That's for me personally.

iagree.gif
iagree.gif

Specktra is sharing a passion, not the passion itself, if that makes sense. I was a MAC addict long before I came here and met you all. But I enjoy every minute here!
yahoo.gif

No one is forced here to buy a MAC product or to like a special item. I know what I love and what I use, no matter what others say. It is wonderful if you have the same excitement like me - but it isn't necessary for buying. For example I LOVE frost e/s and many complain about them here - but everyone is free to have an own opinion and to share it.

It is so good to be here!
yes.gif
Big hug!
winkiss.gif

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
smiles.gif

iagree.gif
With every collection I have to step back and evaluate the collection based on me. This is my collection and goes on me, and not theirs nor goes on them. Like with the new MES, I'm just not a big fan, but I periodically fall into the hype and want one, but then I step back and have to remember that I didn't like the first ones that I had. Sometimes I feel like I'm entering the "mature" phase of collecting makeup where you exercise prudence and descretion when buying.

P.S.>>elegant-one, Audrey, Susanne, & erine1881: I
heart.gif
you all more than my MAC, shoe, bag, lawn gnome, and book collections combined.