MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

clslvr6spd

Well I added Warm Soul to my list. That makes 4...possibly
tong.gif

I still up in the air about Love Thing, it just seems to look like Fab from BLM.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
me so stupid... i JUST realized there are 9 blushes, not 8
th_LMAO.gif

well i thought there was just 7 until u made this post.

th_dunno.gif

I'ma goin crazy
th_crazy.gif

coachkitten

rbella I agree with cantaffordmac! Your posts are a riot! I also am a big fan of of the three piece egg roll with some sweet & sour sauce! I also love their bacon cheddar potato wedges.
smiles.gif
Yummy!

Now back to the blushes..... When I saw these in person the ma put on pleasantry with a 188 brush and it came out really soft. The 181se is so soft that I think it would make it a bit brighter but I wouldn't say that it looks neon!
smiles.gif
I think that I like pleasantry the best out of them all. The gold shimmer in it is really pretty.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
I don't see what this has to do with Sonic Chic...
I don't know what your actual agenda is for being in these forums, but we are here to discuss our hobby.

We are all here because we love MAC.
Sure, they are good marketers, they are a huge company... they wouldn't survive unless they were.

I just don't see the point in all of this posting.
I definitely don't believe that people on this forum buy things because someone else thinks its nice or just because its LE...

Why does anyone buy anything?
Because we want too... not because someone tells us we should.

Specktra members buy things because we love makeup as an art form and enjoy MAC as a company for being able to help us fulfill our creative outlook.

It's a hobby we all have, for some it's a career.

Posting things like this just make people feel bad for enjoying their hobby.
Good for MAC for being such effective marketers.
Regardless, I'm still buying the products.

I see Ruffage's point, but that's just me. I think that the comment was posted in the wrong thread, however. I love makeup, it's a hobby for me just as it is for many of you. I may not use all of my products all of the time, but I do try and use them. But I also think there are a lot of us, that do buy into the LE "hype" and that is not to pass judgement or put anyone down, it's just a statement that rings true. Buying unique colors and great products is one thing. Buying entire collections and 4+ back-ups is another, and it's okay if you choose to do the latter, it's your money and your progative. I think that the response that Ruffage's thread has garnered in MAC Chat though shows that a lot of us are rethinking how and what we buy, and that isn't a bad thing. We can all sit here and relish in the new collection information, after all, it's fun and exciting.

I also find it interesting that a lot of the people that have thanked your post have been absent in Ruffage's thread. Just an observation.

I didn't mean to take the thread off topic though, I just wanted to reply to this. Back to blushes!

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I see Ruffage's point, but that's just me. I think that the comment was posted in the wrong thread, however. I love makeup, it's a hobby for me just as it is for many of you. I may not use all of my products all of the time, but I do try and use them. But I also think there are a lot of us, that do buy into the LE "hype" and that is not to pass judgement or put anyone down, it's just a statement that rings true. Buying unique colors and great products is one thing. Buying entire collections and 4+ back-ups is another, and it's okay if you choose to do the latter, it's your money and your progative. I think that the response that Ruffage's thread has garnered in MAC Chat though shows that a lot of us are rethinking how and what we buy, and that isn't a bad thing. We can all sit here and relish in the new collection information, after all, it's fun and exciting.

I also find it interesting that a lot of the people that have thanked your post have been absent in Ruffage's thread. Just an observation.

I didn't mean to take the thread off topic though, I just wanted to reply to this. Back to blushes!

I appreciate your opinion
smiles.gif

SuSana

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I also love their bacon cheddar potato wedges.
smiles.gif
Yummy!

Mmmm...
drools.gif

Ahem...back OT I think I'm only getting 3 of these. Or maybe 1 since I just bought 2 NARS blushes that are kinda similar to Warm Soul & Nuance...I think lol.

blindpassion

I'm getting three of these
smiles.gif

I am so excited for this collection
Probably more excited then I have been for one in a long time.

I'm not getting anything from Electroflash, just some lippies and I have 18 b2m's!!
greengrin.gif

clslvr6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Now back to the blushes..... When I saw these in person the ma put on pleasantry with a 188 brush and it came out really soft. The 181se is so soft that I think it would make it a bit brighter but I wouldn't say that it looks neon!
smiles.gif
I think that I like pleasantry the best out of them all. The gold shimmer in it is really pretty.

STOP!! You enabler you!!
nonono.gif

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
STOP!! You enabler you!!
nonono.gif

Well someone needs to enable since Audrey isn't here right now!
th_LMAO.gif

Susanne

Erine, I just know that the UK girls got the 181 and the 189 for free with an order on the website! But I would like to know why as well? And is this just an offer in the UK??
th_dunno.gif

darkishstar

You know WHAT?!
Forget trying to stick to 2 or 3 because I have NO blushes anyways. I'm going to get 4!
Pleasantry, Nuance, Merrily, and Gleeful.
THERE, I said it. Don't ANYONE change my mind!
greengrin.gif
I WANT THEM.
yahoo.gif

And yes, skipping Dainty because I have Alpha Girl anyways.
smiles.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Yep, I thought the exact same thing about Nuance! I was thinking that Warm Soul would give us pale girls that pretty natural 'no makeup' makeup look without being a bronzer. But, its hard to tell so far.

Oh thank you for this! I am not a blush girl (yet), but I saw them this week and they really look very nice.
But to decide which one to get is not so easy, especially as they seem to be heavy pigmented. So I will give Warm Soul a try.
choochoo.gif

Is the kabuki brush worth getting?

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Yes, it is worth getting
winks.gif

And the list grows...
angelic.gif

Susanne, where you able to get something yet?

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
And the list grows...
angelic.gif

Susanne, where you able to get something yet?

No
ssad.gif
The goods have still not arrived yet.
thmbdn.gif
I hope my MA calls me today that I can get it finally tomorrow! *keeping fingers crossed*

Luceuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
how'd you get it for free?

When the collections went up on the UK site, the 189 and the 181se were coming up as free. So quite a few of us bought them before they took it down, obviously realising their mistake . It remains to be seen if they actually send us them though
th_dunno.gif
I did actually want the 181se so they better.

Quote:
No The goods have still not arrived yet. I hope my MA calls me today that I can get it finally tomorrow! *keeping fingers crossed*

I hope you get it soon! Seems unfair that most of Europe have it and you don't.

bis

Quote:
No
ssad.gif
The goods have still not arrived yet.
thmbdn.gif
I hope my MA calls me today that I can get it finally tomorrow! *keeping fingers crossed*

*keeping fingers crossed as well*

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceuk
When the collections went up on the UK site, the 189 and the 181se were coming up as free. So quite a few of us bought them before they took it down, obviously realising their mistake . It remains to be seen if they actually send us them though
th_dunno.gif
I did actually want the 181se so they better.

You get the fingers of my other hand crossed, ok?
winks.gif

aimee

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliquor
I tried Dainty today and it is gorgeous. These blushes are so pigmented. I don't think it is anything like Alpha Girl. Dainty is what Alpha Girl wishes it was. It does remind me a bit of the Dress Camp blush but better. I only needed one swip to get the blush on my cheeks... they are very pigmented and soft... and no glitter.

I will do swatches tonite of all of them.

at the store i was really surprised how pigmented and soft they are ...i like the color pay off much better than the beauty powder blushes....i really just need one wipe and im good ....i still like my beauty powder blushes but im happier with these...theyre much better in my opinion
yes im in love haha
th_DANCE.gif