MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
Originally I wanted to get pleasantry, but the swatches are really f*cking with me, cause they can look neon in some pics & pretty & light in others. So I have to assume that it is a buildable color, that will wear differently depending on how you apply it. I am still so confused about it though. Unfortunately, when I am not sure weather or not to buy something, I buy it so I don't regret it & pay a gazillion dollars for it later on ebay, lol. I'm hoping that if I get it I don't look like a clown in it. Right now my small list is...Dainty, Pleasantry & Warm Soul...the others look too dark for me

Man do I agree with that! I was wondering what you thought of Warm Soul?
At first, I didn't think it would be a color for me, but after seeing some swatches, I thought it would make a very nice natural look.

So far I'm getting...Dainty, Gentle, Pleasantry, Love Thing

vcanady

So, I this was asked earlier in the thread but I dont believe it was answered. For those of you who have/have seen the 181SE, is it large enough to use to apply mineral makeup and studio fix, etc? Bc I would like to be able to use it not only for blush application but for for other face powders. Should I just save up and get the 182 later? Also, is Nuance similar to Sunbasque at all? Bc I just got that blush and I LOVE it, and if Nuance is similar I will def want to pick that up!

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Man do I agree with that! I was wondering what you thought of Warm Soul?
At first, I didn't think it would be a color for me, but after seeing some swatches, I thought it would make a very nice natural look.

So far I'm getting...Dainty, Gentle, Pleasantry, Love Thing

Originally from the color descriptions I had wanted Nuance, but since I am so fair, I think it will turn orangey on me. I feel like Warm Soul will be a good color for the summer & will sit in a drawer all fall, winter & spring until next year. So, at that rate, I'll have it for years, lol
th_LMAO.gif
I would be tempted to buy more, but after gettinga few of the BPBs & the MSF's that will be back out in October, I am going to be good or I will have so many face products that will be collecting dust. If I was smart, I would only get Dainty in this collection, but a girl needs to splurge a little, ya know?
winkiss.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcanady
So, I this was asked earlier in the thread but I dont believe it was answered. For those of you who have/have seen the 181SE, is it large enough to use to apply mineral makeup and studio fix, etc? Bc I would like to be able to use it not only for blush application but for for other face powders. Should I just save up and get the 182 later? Also, is Nuance similar to Sunbasque at all? Bc I just got that blush and I LOVE it, and if Nuance is similar I will def want to pick that up!

Yes, I think it would work just fine for those applications IMO. I just checked & the diameter of the full head of the brush is exactly the same size as the full size 187 brush.

I don't have Sunbasque.

HTH dear
winks.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally from the color descriptions I had wanted Nuance, but since I am so fair, I think it will turn orangey on me. I feel like Warm Soul will be a good color for the summer & will sit in a drawer all fall, winter & spring until next year. So, at that rate, I'll have it for years, lol
th_LMAO.gif
I would be tempted to buy more, but after gettinga few of the BPBs & the MSF's that will be back out in October, I am going to be good or I will have so many face products that will be collecting dust. If I was smart, I would only get Dainty in this collection, but a girl needs to splurge a little, ya know?
winkiss.gif

Yep, I thought the exact same thing about Nuance! I was thinking that Warm Soul would give us pale girls that pretty natural 'no makeup' makeup look without being a bronzer. But, its hard to tell so far.

Splurge it will be. For me, I use blushes more than anything else because some days thats all I have time to throw on (& a lil lip color). And, a girls gotta have a little color
winks.gif

jenntoz

Quote:
Yep, I thought the exact same thing about Nuance! I was thinking that Warm Soul would give us pale girls that pretty natural 'no makeup' makeup look without being a bronzer. But, its hard to tell so far.

Splurge it will be. For me, I use blushes more than anything else because some days thats all I have time to throw on (& a lil lip color). And, a girls gotta have a little color
winks.gif

Agreed
and
Agreed
I guess we'll find out for sure next week when we get our hauls
th_DANCE.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceuk
greengrin.gif
I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for I only got it because it was free
th_LMAO.gif
I'd already ordered, so bought a tendertone to get it.

how'd you get it for free?

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally I wanted to get pleasantry, but the swatches are really f*cking with me, cause they can look neon in some pics & pretty & light in others. So I have to assume that it is a buildable color, that will wear differently depending on how you apply it. I am still so confused about it though. Unfortunately, when I am not sure weather or not to buy something, I buy it so I don't regret it & pay a gazillion dollars for it later on ebay, lol. I'm hoping that if I get it I don't look like a clown in it. Right now my small list is...Dainty, Pleasantry & Warm Soul...the others look too dark for me

Im glad u agree with me! Pleasantry looks awesome when its not glowing in the dark! I should just buy it though...I could always sell it if it doesnt work out lol
Quote:
If you want a pink, then there are 3 possible choices.

Dainty - if you want a pale pink/peach
Gleeful - for a dusty pink
Pleasantry - for more of a pink pink, which could be bright or lighter depending upon how you apply it

ur awesome. That helped so much. I dedicate this post to you. Aaaaaand I'm stealing rbella's Starbucks gift card for .37 cents and its heading your way!
winks.gif

So now guys I'm not sure if I want dainty...or if I should skip it since I have light flush MSF.

Or if I should get Nuance. Or skip THAT since I have warmed MSF.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Im glad u agree with me! Pleasantry looks awesome when its not glowing in the dark! I should just buy it though...I could always sell it if it doesnt work out lol

ur awesome. That helped so much. I dedicate this post to you. Aaaaaand I'm stealing rbella's Starbucks gift card for .37 cents and its heading your way!
winks.gif

.37 cents???
shockt.gif
....prolly all i would get with that is...what, an empty cup
th_dunno.gif
...or, maybe they'll let me have a little flavored syrup
tong.gif

stv578

I haven't even seen these in person, and I've already decided on a third! I'm adding Gentle to my list, Dainty and Lovejoy being the other two. I've thought long and hard about which blushes I reach for the most, and it's the brighter pinks that I like to apply lightly over bronzer. As much as I love the blue based pinks (True Romantic and Dame come to mind), I still don't reach for these near as much. So there it is. That's my list and no swatches will make me change it!

stv578

Quote:
.37 cents???
shockt.gif
th_dunno.gif
tong.gif

Actually, if you register the Starbuck's card online, the syrup's free, lol! Um, it could get you part of a petit vanilla scone?!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Actually, if you register the Starbuck's card online, the syrup's free, lol! Um, it could get you part of a petit vanilla scone?!

drools.gif
uggggg vanilla scone
drools.gif
I would take that

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
.37 cents???
shockt.gif
th_dunno.gif
tong.gif

Fine then! I'll just send it back to rbella. Geeeeeeeez some people are so greedy these days
lol.gif

rbella

Quote:
why is it that the Sonic Vibe face scares me
smiles.gif

It's not the face that scares me, it's the name!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliquor
Pleasantry is super pigmented and only needs a touch of it.

This is why I'm so on the fence with Pleasantry. I'm concerned with slopping a shit ton of pink on my face. I think I might wait until I see it in person.

Quote:
Aaaaaand I'm stealing rbella's Starbucks gift card for .37 cents and its heading your way!
winks.gif

Quote:
Fine then! I'll just send it back to rbella. Geeeeeeeez some people are so greedy these days
lol.gif

Don't you worry Miss Thang. I've got a nickel over here with your name all over it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i don't know what ya'll are fighting over. that gift card is mine!
th_LMAO.gif

Damn skippy. You sure as heck earned it lady luck!!!! If you are really good, I might send you my coupon for a free Dr. Pepper with the purchase of a Whopper at Burger King.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
Damn skippy. You sure as heck earned it lady luck!!!! If you are really good, I might send you my coupon for a free Dr. Pepper with the purchase of a Whopper at Burger King.

ok, seriously! i LOVE whoppers!!! its an inside joke at work with me and a couple of the girls. whopper wednesdays!
yahoo.gif

rbella

OMG!! My husband just had a whopper today!!! He worships them!! I'm personally a great fan of the 3 egg rolls at Jack in the Crack.

clslvr6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
OMG!! My husband just had a whopper today!!! He worships them!! I'm personally a great fan of the 3 egg rolls at Jack in the Crack.

I'm glad I am not the only one!
winks.gif

rbella

Quote:
rbella. You may just be the funniest person ever.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
lol.gif
th_hug.gif

Awww. I heart you!!
kisses.gif
th_kiss.gif
eyelove.gif
heart2.gif
bouquet.gif