MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee
at the store i was really surprised how pigmented and soft they are ...i like the color pay off much better than the beauty powder blushes....i really just need one wipe and im good ....i still like my beauty powder blushes but im happier with these...theyre much better in my opinion
yes im in love haha
th_DANCE.gif

Great to hear!
thmbup.gif

Bluebell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
No
ssad.gif
The goods have still not arrived yet.
thmbdn.gif
I hope my MA calls me today that I can get it finally tomorrow! *keeping fingers crossed*

They have delivery problems. Sonic Chic will arrive in the end of July in Germany
ssad.gif

aimee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell
They have delivery problems. Sonic Chic will arrive in the end of July in Germany
ssad.gif

oh really that sucks....i mean we got it in switzerland....i got some german friends coming over they just live 15 min from the boarder so theyre coming to MAC with me this saturday
smiles.gif
and i guess they will buy some sonic stuff here then lol

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee
at the store i was really surprised how pigmented and soft they are ...i like the color pay off much better than the beauty powder blushes....i really just need one wipe and im good ....i still like my beauty powder blushes but im happier with these...theyre much better in my opinion
yes im in love haha
th_DANCE.gif

But this is also what scares me a bit, that they are sooo pigmented.
I also see a clown at lurking in my bathroom and making funny faces in the mirror.

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell
ssad.gif

End of July? This is really bad. My favorite counter is in Germany...
ssad.gif

Millgrove

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
But this is also what scares me a bit, that they are sooo pigmented.
I also see a clown at lurking in my bathroom and making funny faces in the mirror.

They aren't too solid though, and the shimmer lifts them as well. I think a little skin showing through does make then easier to use.

I'm really pale, and I found a couple that work for me, so do try them. My local Mac didn't get one of the plum shades, but the softest I tried were Pleasantry (very pink, but not solid colour), Dainty (lovely goldy peachy pinky) and the lightest neutral (ish) was Warm Soul.

Maybe not Merrily though - that was very red on me. Gorgeous..... but... red. I think you need colour in your skin for that, or not to have to mind looking like you hit the bottle really early this morning!

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millgrove
They aren't too solid though, and the shimmer lifts them as well. I think a little skin showing through does make then easier to use.

I'm really pale, and I found a couple that work for me, so do try them. My local Mac didn't get one of the plum shades, but the softest I tried were Pleasantry (very pink, but not solid colour), Dainty (lovely goldy peachy pinky) and the lightest neutral (ish) was Warm Soul.

Maybe not Merrily though - that was very red on me. Gorgeous..... but... red. I think you need colour in your skin for that, or not to have to mind looking like you hit the bottle really early this morning!

I will give those three a try, thanks. I also pale, so I like the idea of some freshness, but only very subtle.
Pleasantry, Dainty and Warm Soul it is.

Do you know how big the difference between Nuance and Warm Soul? From what I have seen not soo big. Did you see them?

rbella

Aaarrrrggghhh!! This is so frustrating. I appreciate all the swatches, I really do. But, in my opinion, the only ones that seem consistent are Dainty and Gentle. I know I like the two of those, but Pleasantry looks different in almost every friggin' picture. I will just have to see it in person. I am also interested in Love Thing, but am afraid it will come out waaayyy too dark....

Right now I am just on board with Dainty and Gentle. Nuance and Warm Soul don't appeal to me. Merrily, Love Thing and Love Joy are too dark and I'm on the fence with Pleasantry. I know there is one more, but I can't remember what the heck it is.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
Aaarrrrggghhh!! This is so frustrating. I appreciate all the swatches, I really do. But, in my opinion, the only ones that seem consistent are Dainty and Gentle. I know I like the two of those, but Pleasantry looks different in almost every friggin' picture. I will just have to see it in person. I am also interested in Love Thing, but am afraid it will come out waaayyy too dark....

Right now I am just on board with Dainty and Gentle. Nuance and Warm Soul don't appeal to me. Merrily, Love Thing and Love Joy are too dark and I'm on the fence with Pleasantry. I know there is one more, but I can't remember what the heck it is.

I know what you mean... I have seen them in person, but I *still* can't decide. I know that when fair people see Love Thing and Merrily in person, they are going to be afraid it is going to be too dark. It swatches quite dark if you don't sheer it out. But I am so anxious to see what they look like applied with a skunk brush. Gentle, Pleasantry and Love Thing are definates for me now, (I think) and it's just a matter of in what order I get them since I can't get them all at once. Gahhh, I can't wait for these!!
smiles.gif

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I know what you mean... I have seen them in person, but I *still* can't decide. I know that when fair people see Love Thing and Merrily in person, they are going to be afraid it is going to be too dark. It swatches quite dark if you don't sheer it out. But I am so anxious to see what they look like applied with a skunk brush. Gentle, Pleasantry and Love Thing are definates for me now, (I think) and it's just a matter of in what order I get them since I can't get them all at once. Gahhh, I can't wait for these!!
smiles.gif

Ahahahahahahhaha!!!
th_LMAO.gif
How many times have I said this same thing to myself? I'm actually saying it right now because I'm starting to wonder if I should cross Dainty off the list. I'm getting Play Around Pink from Colour Forms and I wonder if they will both be similar? Dainty is so "dainty", as is Play Around Pink. Don't know if I really need 2 light pink looks....

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Ahahahahahahhaha!!!
th_LMAO.gif
How many times have I said this same thing to myself? I'm actually saying it right now because I'm starting to wonder if I should cross Dainty off the list. I'm getting Play Around Pink from Colour Forms and I wonder if they will both be similar? Dainty is so "dainty", as is Play Around Pink. Don't know if I really need 2 light pink looks....

I think Dainty has to much peach (it's a yellow-pink) to be similar to Play Around Pink (a blue-pink). I think Pleasantry would be closer, though much more pigmented.
smiles.gif
I decided to pass on those powders to get more of these blushes... I have never been so obsessed with blushes before
lol.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
Well I added Warm Soul to my list. That makes 4...possibly
tong.gif

I still up in the air about Love Thing, it just seems to look like Fab from BLM.

Yep, I'm adding that one too! I loved the swatch of Warm Soul that is on the finger tips - Sold me on it. I'm at 5 & holding
tong.gif

Can we have a comparison swatch with Love Thing & Fab - anyone?

I want Love Thing to be plum...not burgundy
ssad.gif

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I may not use all of my products all of the time, but I do try and use them. But I also think there are a lot of us, that do buy into the LE "hype" and that is not to pass judgement or put anyone down, it's just a statement that rings true. Buying unique colors and great products is one thing. Buying entire collections and 4+ back-ups is another, and it's okay if you choose to do the latter, it's your money and your progative.

I didn't mean to take the thread off topic though, I just wanted to reply to this. Back to blushes!

I agree entirely! I will admit I have purchased as few products because of the "hype", but I'm actually glad I have. I now wear beautiful teals that I probably never would have if it weren't for this site, and damn it, my eyes look amazing! But really, I think that the individuals that take part in these discussions and talk about certain colours are really intelligent individuals and just love make-up! Are some of us addicted, yep! But I know that many of us go a little overboard buying MAC but not other things, that cost a helluva lot more. It's our "thing", it's fun, and as long as we're not going into debt, it's also harmless. So let's all enjoy our fun hobby!

Now as for Sonic Chic, Coach, I had it down to three, so I'm going to ignore your lovely description of Pleasantry, lol! *Covers eyes*, didn't see, nope, did not see it!

stv578

Quote:
Ahahahahahahhaha!!!
th_LMAO.gif

I have considered this as well, but the swatches of Play Around Pink look like this is a lot lighter, unless you're super pale. Dainty seems to be pigmented enough to show, but still light enough that it'll be a no brainer to apply, well, I hope anyway!

elegant-one

Ok, I just swatched Barbie Fab blush on my pale arm & it is more brownish & toned down. The swatches of Love Thing def. have more plum/burgundy in it & is brighter in color.

I swatched from the blush trying to miss the Barbie head imprint - how neurotic is that
smiles.gif
hahahahaha

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Ok, I just swatched Barbie Fab blush on my pale arm & it is more brownish & toned down. The swatches of Love Thing def. have more plum/burgundy in it & is brighter in color.

I swatched from the blush trying to miss the Barbie head imprint - how neurotic is that
smiles.gif
hahahahaha

I'd say it definately is more plum toned than brown. It is a dark raspberry color. If it were brownish, I wouldn't want it, and I waaaaaant it
lol.gif

darkishstar

As an NC30... I think I could get Merrily to work on me. If I try it on at the store and it ends up too dark or I'm too scared to use it... Then I'll get Dainty in it's place instead.

But for some reason, I'm REALLY loving the looks of Gleeful! It's unexplainable.
lol.gif
Pleasantry and Nuance look so beautiful too!

newagetomatoz

Argh! I am seriously contemplating getting Gentle. I told myself that I would get just three, but the swatches look so pretty, especially the upclose swatch on the fingertips. Plum-gold fusion...
th_drool.gif

As of right now, I'm getting Merrily, Pleasantry, and Pleasantry. I'm about NC15, and I think I could make them work on me. At the very least I love a good challenge.

rbella

What are you people doing to me? Do you want me to have Pleasantry? Is that it? Why? Why??????!!!!!!!????????

Seriously, I am getting Play Around Pink, I love it. I am getting Gentle, I love it. Should I get Dainty or Pleasantry? Or both? I think I know the answer...
nonono.gif