MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

iheartangE

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
But for some reason, I'm REALLY loving the looks of Gleeful! It's unexplainable.
lol.gif
Pleasantry and Nuance look so beautiful too!

Me too! About Gleeful, that is...I've been looking for a really neutral (not like, brown neutral, like...hard to explain. Close to just a basic natural not-trying-to-alter-your-cheeks-too-much kind of flush, if that makes sense) blush for a while and I have a feeling Gleeful might be it. A dusty deep pink just sounds great to me, if applied lightly on my NC15-20 skin.

I'll gladly report back to this thread once I've tested it and possibly purchased it in person, but by then so will all of you so it might be a moot issue. I still will though!
yes.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
What are you people doing to me? Do you want me to have Pleasantry? Is that it? Why? Why??????!!!!!!!????????

Seriously, I am getting Play Around Pink, I love it. I am getting Gentle, I love it. Should I get Dainty or Pleasantry? Or both? I think I know the answer...
nonono.gif

Just my opinion, but I really think Gentle is the prettiest color of them all
yes.gif
Prolly one of the first to sell out.

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Just my opinion, but I really thing Gentle is the prettiest color of them all
yes.gif
Prolly one of the first to sell out.

You do realize that you make me want to get it all the more?

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
You do realize that you make me want to get it all the more?

yes.gif
greengrin.gif
...hahaha...It seems to be the one my eye is always drawn to. And, I think its a flattering color & transitional into fall. There, are those enough reasons
cutey.gif

I seriously cannot spell today...& NO, I haven't been drinking...yet
winks.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminbarley
I second you on Specktra and teals.
greengrin.gif

Same here. I would definitely try a lot less if it weren't for Specktra.
Sometimes you need someone else to suggest things and time to think about them.

Luceuk

My order has dispatched
yahoo.gif
with my 8 Sonic Chic blushes, they should arrive on monday. I'll post swatches when I get them.

newagetomatoz

Quote:
yes.gif
greengrin.gif
...hahaha...It seems to be the one my eye is always drawn to. And, I think its a flattering color & transitional into fall. There, are those enough reasons
cutey.gif

I seriously cannot spell today...& NO, I haven't been drinking...yet
winks.gif

That logic is good enough for me.
greengrin.gif

And since you are such a blush fiend, what PRO shades would you recommend? I'm debating between Azalea, Salsarose, Devil, Cantaloupe, Full Fuchsia, and Dirty Plum. Right now, I only want to get 1-2 of them, but they all look so appealing.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
That logic is good enough for me.
greengrin.gif

And since you are such a blush fiend, what PRO shades would you recommend? I'm debating between Azalea, Salsarose, Devil, Cantaloupe, Full Fuchsia, and Dirty Plum. Right now, I only want to get 1-2 of them, but they all look so appealing.

Definitely Salsarose! it is such a pretty red/pink slight coral. I don't have the others, but I'm eyeing Azalea & Rhubarb right now. I've heard that Cantaloupe is pretty. I think purrtykitty just did a FOTD using it.

I just got a look at Dirty Plum...that color looks beautiful. That would really work with Cult of Cherry

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Definitely Salsarose! it is such a pretty red/pink slight coral. I don't have the others, but I'm eyeing Azalea & Rhubarb right now. I've heard that Cantaloupe is pretty. I think purrtykitty just did a FOTD using it.

I just got a look at Dirty Plum...that color looks beautiful. That would really work with Cult of Cherry

I just did a eBay search on Dirty Plum to get a better idea of the color, and it looks like it might be my purple blush! Just perfect to go along with the CoC blushers. The only thing is that it's a matte. Are they difficult to work with? I've never worked with them before.
tong.gif

trollydolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Oh thank you for this! I am not a blush girl (yet), but I saw them this week and they really look very nice.
But to decide which one to get is not so easy, especially as they seem to be heavy pigmented. So I will give Warm Soul a try.
choochoo.gif

Is the kabuki brush worth getting?

my dilemma as well. ive got the 182 brush but for some reason i really want the 181se but i dont know if i need it...?? i was thinking itd be good for my makeup bag i keep in my handbag.

also i ordered pleasantry, nuance and warm soul yesterday and now i cant stop thinking about dainty! lol i just dont know if i need them or not, its so confusing!

x.DOLLYMiX.x

I ordered Dainty, Nuance and Pleasantry but I really want to order Merrily and Gentle!! I have so many blushes but I just cant resist them
ssad.gif

trollydolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.DOLLYMiX.x
I ordered Dainty, Nuance and Pleasantry but I really want to order Merrily and Gentle!! I have so many blushes but I just cant resist them
ssad.gif

i feel your pain! lol. i think im going to get dainty tomorrow...

Karen_B

Those of you that have seen these blushes in person, would you say Dainty is similar to Light Flush? Is Dainty very peach? I tend to veer towards peachy toned blushes (like Springsheen, Milani Luminous, Light Flush...), so I'd like to get something that isn't too similar to what I already have, but Dainty looks oh so pretty...

Oh and AudreyNicole, if you are contemplating Love Thing I might have to, also. I was worried that it would be too dark for me but I believe I am just a tad darker than you (NC200).

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B
Those of you that have seen these blushes in person, would you say Dainty is similar to Light Flush? Is Dainty very peach? I tend to veer towards peachy toned blushes (like Springsheen, Milani Luminous, Light Flush...), so I'd like to get something that isn't too similar to what I already have, but Dainty looks oh so pretty...

Heres what Audrey originally posted:

Dainty is the lightest of all of the colors, and is a peachy pink, similar to Shy Beauty BPB. Nuance was very pretty, but I am afraid this one might have the same tendency to turn orange on some skintones like Spaced Out from NSF.

Susanne

Sorry, I am pissed off. MAC Germany has delivery problems, no goods have arrived yet and no one knows when the new collections (Cool Heat, Electroflash, Sonic Chic, New View) will arrive here.

All the rest of Europe has them already and we are the fools here again
angry.gif

I am really frustrated and sad today. I have saved money for these collections since weeks and now no one wants my money. I called four counters today that I could reach - it is a general problem. I don't want posting today here.

trollydolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Sorry, I am pissed off. MAC Germany has delivery problems, no goods have arrived yet and no one knows when the new collections (Cool Heat, Electroflash, Sonic Chic, New View) will arrive here.

All the rest of Europe has them already and we are the fools here again
angry.gif

I am really frustrated and sad today. I have saved money for these collections since weeks and now no one wants my money. I called four counters today that I could reach - it is a general problem. I don't want posting today here.

mac is so inconsistent in europe, its really not fair
thmbdn.gif

Bluebell

Susanne, ich which city did you call the counters?

In Munich ist everything (Cool Heat, Electroflash, Duo MSF) available, but not Sonic chic.
Maybe you can get your stuff at douglas online tomorrow?

makeupmadb

Quote:
Heres what Audrey originally posted:

Dainty is the lightest of all of the colors, and is a peachy pink, similar to Shy Beauty BPB. Nuance was very pretty, but I am afraid this one might have the same tendency to turn orange on some skintones like Spaced Out from NSF.

Oh that's fab to hear! I ordered Dainty earlier, and am now very pleased to hear that it's similar to Shy Beauty, I absolutely love that. Can't wait to recieve it, thanks!

Dani California

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.DOLLYMiX.x
ssad.gif

Hehe, I too love blushers.........
greengrin.gif
I couldn't resist Nuance.
drools.gif
oOOH maybe we should compare what blushers we have?
greengrin.gif
I love noseying at other peoples blushes list haha!!

Susanne, I hope you get your stuff soon, I know how excited you have been for this new stuff......and how you've saved up. It will all be worth it soon!!