Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
I appreciate your opinion
smiles.gif

I freaking love you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
You know WHAT?!
Forget trying to stick to 2 or 3 because I have NO blushes anyways. I'm going to get 4!
Pleasantry, Nuance, Merrily, and Gleeful.
THERE, I said it. Don't ANYONE change my mind!
greengrin.gif
I WANT THEM.
yahoo.gif

And yes, skipping Dainty because I have Alpha Girl anyways.
smiles.gif

You better work it girl. LoL
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
But this is also what scares me a bit, that they are sooo pigmented.
I also see a clown at lurking in my bathroom and making funny faces in the mirror.

Omg, me too. I always go so heavy on the blush. I hate when it doesnt show up, thats why. like whats the point in wearing blush if u cant see it??? Im getting merrily. I see a clown staring back at me in the mirror too. But that wont stop me from buying it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
Aaarrrrggghhh!! This is so frustrating. I appreciate all the swatches, I really do. But, in my opinion, the only ones that seem consistent are Dainty and Gentle. I know I like the two of those, but Pleasantry looks different in almost every friggin' picture. I will just have to see it in person. I am also interested in Love Thing, but am afraid it will come out waaayyy too dark....

Right now I am just on board with Dainty and Gentle. Nuance and Warm Soul don't appeal to me. Merrily, Love Thing and Love Joy are too dark and I'm on the fence with Pleasantry. I know there is one more, but I can't remember what the heck it is.

Im glad someone else sees what Im saying. the swatches are so inconsistent (which has NOTHING to do with the person who did them....I really appreciate it) its just one of those things that you have to see in person. Which i will not be able to do! Then theres the fact that theres 4 different pinks, and you cant just pick one, because this one has gold shimmer, and this one is a blue pink, and that one is a peachy pink, and the other one is a dusty pink. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn itttttt! I just want to get accurate pictures of these so i can decide.

To give u guys a little history, I have such a hard time making up my mind. I go to Starbucks and I lose my mind. I always feel like Im going to make the wrong choice. So its hard for me when the circumstances are like this.
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one

I want Love Thing to be plum...not burgundy
ssad.gif

Riiiiiiight. On one of the swatches it doesnt look plum AT ALL. I'm still getting it. I have faith in it lol
cutey.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
I've heard others say that Azalea is beautiful on. I can't wait to hear what you think
winks.gif

Well, I was @5 Dainty, Pleasantry, Gentle, Warm Soul, Love Thing, & then I saw that new picture of Merrily...so now I'm debating about it. Plus, i saw Merrily used on a brides cheeks on the other site, although it was hard to discern the color in the photo.

I'm only getting 3 of the eyeshadows, so i don't mind having new blushes
yes.gif

Ohhh, new pictures? Where, where? Is it the 10th yet?
cutey.gif

CantAffordMAC

The two definites for me are Love Thing and Merrily. They are unique, and I'm getting them.

Now here is my next thing: Im not sure if I should get a peach blush or a pink blush first. I can probably afford another blush at the end of July when starflesh comes out.

But I'm not sure if I should get pleasantry because of the gold in it (even though it may be BRIGHT...I think I can control the brightness). or if i should get Dainty, for a light pinky peach (but i dont want it to be too similar to light Flush). Or if I should get Gentle.

OMG somebody make the damn decision for me already.
angry.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
The two definites for me are Love Thing and Merrily. They are unique, and I'm getting them.

Now here is my next thing: Im not sure if I should get a peach blush or a pink blush first. I can probably afford another blush at the end of July when starflesh comes out.

But I'm not sure if I should get pleasantry because of the gold in it (even though it may be BRIGHT...I think I can control the brightness). or if i should get Dainty, for a light pinky peach (but i dont want it to be too similar to light Flush). Or if I should get Gentle.

OMG somebody make the damn decision for me already.
angry.gif

I am struggling to decide right along with you!
smiles.gif
I agree, after seeing them, that Merrily and Love Thing are unique. I want both of those. And in trying to decide between Pleasantry, Dainty and Gentle, I think the most unique of all of those is Gentle. I didn't compare Dainty to Light Flush, but it's pretty light. The lightest of the bunch. Pleasantry is very pretty, but pretty similar to alot of other things. Gentle stands out, IMO.

Millgrove

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
I will give those three a try, thanks. I also pale, so I like the idea of some freshness, but only very subtle.
Pleasantry, Dainty and Warm Soul it is.

Do you know how big the difference between Nuance and Warm Soul? From what I have seen not soo big. Did you see them?

They are quite different - more than it looks in the website swatch.

Well on me, the Nuance came out a little bit too orange - I think the goldy shimmer on top of the peach base was a bit too much. I had to leave that one. I have pale, pink-based skin, so I find bronzers etc all tend to look orange on me.

The Warm Soul looks kind of plum in the pan but was warmer when on my skin. On me this had rosy and warmer - almost copper - tones. Not as neutral as I expected, but I really liked it as I could build up or not. I bought it as soon as I had tried it on.

If things go too orange on you as well, I'd def. avoid the Nuance. If you like the warmer (orange) side of peach, Nuance will work well for you. If you like the pinker side of peach, the Dainty comes out that way (I know the desc says pink, but theres a lot of gold in it).

Hope this helps a bit, but these depend so much on your skin it really is best to try them on.

yes.gif

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am struggling to decide right along with you!
smiles.gif
I agree, after seeing them, that Merrily and Love Thing are unique. I want both of those. And in trying to decide between Pleasantry, Dainty and Gentle, I think the most unique of all of those is Gentle. I didn't compare Dainty to Light Flush, but it's pretty light. The lightest of the bunch. Pleasantry is very pretty, but pretty similar to alot of other things. Gentle stands out, IMO.

See I have a coral blush (hipness), a....plummy/pinky UNIQUE blush...(x rocks. that ones hard to describe) and a plum blush (hushabye) But I dont have a peach blush or a pink blush. BUT I have Light Flush...and if any of these pink blushes are even at all close to Light Flush, I dont want it. But then I dont want to get Nuance and have it be too close to Warmed MSF.

u think gentle is the most unique?? I thought pleasantry was, because of that duochrome/shimmer. And yeah, dainty doesnt seem too unique since its just a peachy pink....but damn that sounds pretty. And it combines both of what I'm looking for. Butttt I have light flush!!

Okay you know what, when it comes time for me to order. I'm going to Eenie Meenie Miney Moe it! That'll show MAC to mess with me!!
angry.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
HaHa...I posted under your other request for swatche or description information, but decide to order it anyway. I think they will all be very pretty.

Are you getting any of the Sonic Chic blushes?

Let us know what you think of the blush colors!
winks.gif

Probably one or two, but not very many. They are to expensive! I will just have to see what jumps out at me. Either way I'll be in here or the hauls thread with my goodies.

trollydolly

i bought dainty today and it is GORGEOUS!!! its a beautiful soft peachy pink and is such a beautiful colour. it looks really fresh on. il try and do some swatches comparing it to alpha girl, light flush and pink swoon later. i dont think theyre similar at all though. i cant wait to recieve nuance, warm soul and pleasantry next week!

omgitzstephanie

oh my god, I finally saw them today and oh lord they're beautiful! At first I told myself I was only gonna get Gentle and Dainty because I can't apply blush for my life and they're the safest bet. But today my MA told me I should try other colours, so she put Merrily on my cheeks with a bit of Love Joy on my cheekbones. and oh my god, it was soooo pretty!
drools.gif
it looked like I was actually kissed by the sun. she used the 188 at first to apply Merrily and then took the 181SE to apply Love Joy and buff and blend it all together. oh and btw, the 181 is soooo soft and cute! anyways, I'm not exactly sure how to explain it but it was such a nice summer-y glow! (I'm around NC 30) it was noticeable enough for me to see the nice flesh of colour but at the same time, the gold made it look so beach-y. I'm bad at explaining but I just think everyone can pull these colours off!
the other MA at the counter had on Gleeful and Warm Soul on which was also very nice! everyone, forget about the "safe" colours and get the more unique ones because they're lovely!
My favourites now are definetly Love Joy, Merrily.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
Well, since you already ordered them and you love us here at Specktra so much, would you mind posting swatches of them when they come in?
friends.gif
whistle.gif

I just ordered Azalea and Salsarose because I'm already planning on getting four of the Sonic Chic blushes, a 187, two 227s, a blush palette, a Sculpt pan, and an Emphasize pan.
greengrin.gif

Will do!
yes.gif

postcard

I went to the pro store and got Pleasantry. I was afraid this might just be another version of Sweetness but it applies a little differently and is lighter. I was shocked at how gorgeous all of the colors are and I may go back for more. I don't really see the shimmer as much as I expected, but it goes on in a very interesting way, and looks so natural. I hope these all become Perm. They are wonderful and worth the price.

I'm considering Merrily and Gleeful but I think I want to try them first.

kiss

I am kinda dissapointed that they are only 3 grams. They are like half the size of regural blushes and more expensive. And 40% less than BPB blushes...I still wouldn't be able to resist getting at least 3 of them but they better be pigmented or else!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
I am kinda dissapointed that they are only 3 grams. They are like half the size of regural blushes and more expensive. And 40% less than BPB blushes...I still wouldn't be able to resist getting at least 3 of them but they better be pigmented or else!

I was thinking about this too, but since these are mineralized, wouldn't they weigh less anyway? It doesn't mean we are necessarily getting less for our money, it could mean that the materials they use to make these just don't weigh as much as the products used to make powder blushes. It's pretty much the same debate as with Dazzleglass compared to regular lipglass... and even though I said I wouldn't buy them because of the weight difference, I did, and am SO glad. I love them, and I am sure I will love these as much. They are pretty unique, I think
smiles.gif
Just my opinion of course
smiles.gif

trollydolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by minakokanmuri
just out of curiosity, how do these blushes compare to nars blushes? in terms of texture and quality.

the texture is completely different. the mac mineralized blushes have an extremely soft texture and pack onto the makeup brush extremely easily, theyre really blendable as well. they apply like butter basically lol.
nars blushes are lovely but i dont really find them any different from standard mac blushes.

Dani California

Finally got to see these in person today. OMG, they are so pretty!!
greengrin.gif

Here's a little review of the ones I can remember hehe -

Nuance - the one I ordered, wow, soooo pretty, like a peachy gold fusion, I tried a little bit on, WOAH, these are pigmented...eep. Am so hoping its not gonna turn orange on me.
ssad.gif

Dainty - this is so pretty, like a warm pinky gold, beautiful. If I had to pick one, it would be this!! Definitely a stand out along with nuance and warm soul.

Gentle - would describe this as a cool toned pink, sort of along the lines of coygirl, but lighter with shimmer

Warm Soul - this looked really lovely, a really unusual neutral/rosey colour. Bet its gorgeous on!!

Pleasantry - this is very pretty in real life, reminds me a bit of sweetness, but yet different. Looked very wearable this one.

Gleeful - again reallly really pretty, a nice pink.

Merrily - oooh the red one looked so nice, I bet its amazing on. If only I wasn't so pale.

To be honest, they all look nice , some lovely, lovely colours. By the way, I didn't notice the difference in size compared to the normal blushes. And they are really really pigmented so only need a tiny little bit.

Hope that helps!!
greengrin.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC

Omg, me too. I always go so heavy on the blush. I hate when it doesnt show up, thats why. like whats the point in wearing blush if u cant see it??? Im getting merrily. I see a clown staring back at me in the mirror too. But that wont stop me from buying it lol

Yes, you are right. I decided to get two colours and Warm Soul and Dainty are on my list. And I will look at Pleasantry.

And a clown is definitely better than a mime
winks.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millgrove
They are quite different - more than it looks in the website swatch.

Well on me, the Nuance came out a little bit too orange - I think the goldy shimmer on top of the peach base was a bit too much. I had to leave that one. I have pale, pink-based skin, so I find bronzers etc all tend to look orange on me.

The Warm Soul looks kind of plum in the pan but was warmer when on my skin. On me this had rosy and warmer - almost copper - tones. Not as neutral as I expected, but I really liked it as I could build up or not. I bought it as soon as I had tried it on.

If things go too orange on you as well, I'd def. avoid the Nuance. If you like the warmer (orange) side of peach, Nuance will work well for you. If you like the pinker side of peach, the Dainty comes out that way (I know the desc says pink, but theres a lot of gold in it).

Hope this helps a bit, but these depend so much on your skin it really is best to try them on.

yes.gif

Thanks for that, I will definitely try them on. I am pale and only get a bit colour in summer. And I am not sure if I like the idea of a bronzer
winks.gif

But I think with this many to choose from it would help to have a few to start with.

With blushes, should you use a cool toned one when you are NW and vice versa?