MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Thanks for the info. I'm sure I can skip Nuance then. Though that makes me so disappointed. I wanted a peach blush.
ssad.gif

Did you try Dainty out? Did that show up on you?

Yes, I got Dainty and it shows up on me. But in general this colour is very discreet and give you a nice glow.
trollydolly added a picture of her wearing Dainty. Love this colour.

In general I am really happy with those. I expected them to be very heavy pigmented and very glittery (I expected not to like them at all). But they are not too glittery and are very build-able.

MaryJane

How are these blushes different than the blushes Mac has ...sheertone shimmer, beauty powder blushes...? From the swatches and pics, these look the same as other colors Mac has in their line.

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJane
How are these blushes different than the blushes Mac has ...sheertone shimmer, beauty powder blushes...? From the swatches and pics, these look the same as other colors Mac has in their line.

These are minerlized blushers.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I really want the little baby kabuki brush. I know there are pics, but can anyone give a reference as to how small the brush is??

The full size of the brush head on the 181 is the exact same diameter as the head on the 187. It's 2" tall

I was wondering if MAC has upgraded the brush bristles from the 181se because everyone is saying that its so soft. The se older one is ok, but not real soft. That could account for the price increase too.

~Crystal~

Has anyone who owns the old 181 been able to compare the new one to it? I'd like to know if the quality is very different too... How does it feel in comaprison to the 182? I own the old 181, which IS soft (though not as much as the 182)... and would like to know if it's worth my while getting the new one, since the old 181 does tend to shed a little, and is a little scratchy on the face.

Winthrop44

How much was the older 181se? Did they call it "luxuriously soft" previously? The comments I've read on the MUA boards about it were not too encouraging....as in it got scratchy after 1 washing. I'd like to get this one but only if it's along the lines of 138 softness.

elegant-one

Its nice & its soft, just not super soft but its not scratchy either. It was with the powders in Novel twist for like $22 I think? Mine has held up really well, no problems.

Winthrop44

So $30 is a decent increase, maybe they did upgrade the bristles. I have the larger size of this Aromaleigh brush and was thinking of possibly ordering the smaller one:

NEW! Silky Smooth Taklon Kabuki Brush! (Baby Size)- 25% OFF featured product through 10 AM E.S.T. 7/9!

It (the larger one) was recommended to me by someone on here and it is softer than the 182, synthetic, and extremely cheap esp if you catch a sale...I'm just wondering about the shape of the head vs the 181se. The MAC looks a little flatter at the top. And cooler overall. LOL

rbella

Winthrop-to be honest, that brush looks fine. My only concern would be bristle fallout. A lot of the less expensive brushes will still maintain their "softness" but will shed all over your face, sometimes even on the first use. I would ask your source about that before ordering. That has been my experience, even with previous SE MAC brushes....

Winthrop44

Thanks rbella. I actually have owned the larger Aromaleigh silky smooth taklon kabuki for over a year -- it's never shed a single hair. My only gripe with it was that it bled on the first washing.

ETA: Well, I ordered the little one. I guess I will find out if the quality of the little one lives up to the larger one!

makeupmadb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceuk
I haven't had any bristles fall out yet and I did with the 182.

I've actually had quite a few fall out, as well as dye and it smells pretty bad.. But so so cute and soft! Just never experienced all of those problems with my other MAC brushes.

annie333

I can't stand this..I'm going mental. I am NC35 and every time I think "Oh, that will be too light on me" I hear someone say "Oh, it'll look great" so the bottom line is -- I'm just getting them all. If one or two of them turn out to be duds on me, I'll return them but as of right now, I just can't decide so they can all come to mama.
party.gif

x.DOLLYMiX.x

I received dainty, nuance and plesantry and my free 181 brush. I have on Dainty today and it is gorgeous. I will be posting swatches later when I get home. I have had Dainty on for 4 hours now and it still looks freshly applied.

jenntoz

And my final order was....drumroll please...
Dainty
Warm Soul
Pleasantry
& 6 of the MES
choochoo.gif

And now the waiting begins for getting my stuff, hoping its here by thursday!

mollyv6

I just placed my order too for the 8 blushes, 5 MES, two l/g and one l/s, overnighted it so it will be here tomorrow. YAY!!!!