MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

x.DOLLYMiX.x

I really want Gentle
ssad.gif
Arghh I shouldnt look at this thread or the swatches, not sure if I can wait until they are released again.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Ok girls, which do you think will be more popular?
Which do you think it more likely to return in the fall?

Merrily or Gentle?

Do you think it is necessary to have Gentle AND Love Thing seeing as how they seem to be in the same color family, with one more intense than the other?

Am I crazy for considering skipping the MES I want for now (the blue and green ones) in order to get all of the blushes I want first? Then I chance them selling out and missig them. Or should I get the MES I want now, and just 2 blushes for now? I can't decide!!
th_dunno.gif

Well, Merrily may be a more Fall friendly color. If the blue MES is close to your other blues, maybe just get the green
winks.gif

dmenchi

I couldn't take any risk-i woke up at three am, then at seven am, i finally got some sleep from 8-10 and when i woke up i knew i NEEDed them alll...LOL.... so i ordered all of the new stuff, if i don't like something i can always swap it ...=) right?

emma_lo211

I'm NC25, brown eyes and black hair Asian.

I just learn something from my live chat with Amy:

Shy Beauty (Beauty Powder Blush) is lighter than Warm Soul, and something between Dainty and Nuance.
Both Dainty and Nuance will show off pretty well on NC20-30 skin tone.

Love Thing is nothing alike Feeling or True Romantic (Beauty Powder Blush). Feeling and True Romantic are more softer and plumy, whereas Love Thing is more deeper and dirty burgundy with golden shimmer.

NC25 is better with Medium/Natural And Shimmer in Mineralize Skinfinish (Duo) of the New View Collection.

And Amy strongly recommends 181SE brush for powder or blushes.
thmbup.gif

p.s. I'm so envy of those who could visit MAC in person.
cry.gif

SMMY

I was going to try and skip this collection, but Merrily and Love Thing have been calling my name. I've been in the mood for fall colors lately and don't have a decent plum blush to my name yet. Love Thing sounds gorgeous and I just saw the pictures of Merrily in the swatches thread. I take it these don't have much in the way of veining in them?

vcanady

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.DOLLYMiX.x
I received dainty, nuance and plesantry and my free 181 brush. I have on Dainty today and it is gorgeous. I will be posting swatches later when I get home. I have had Dainty on for 4 hours now and it still looks freshly applied.

OOO those are the same ones I'm getting! Glad to hear you like 'em!!!
thmbup.gif

macmeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.DOLLYMiX.x
I received dainty, nuance and plesantry and my free 181 brush. I have on Dainty today and it is gorgeous. I will be posting swatches later when I get home. I have had Dainty on for 4 hours now and it still looks freshly applied.

how did you get the free brush
drools.gif
any tips lol , by the way i am geeting the same ones too

andreacvbb

hey girls....

i am sooo sad
weeping.gif

my mac store didnt get yhe blushes yet...
i am sooo hopping everyday....as more i am hopping as slowly run the time...
it seems that my days never ends...
cry.gif

but we have since a week new view and electroflash...why the hell we dont get sonic chic? this is already released in most of the other european countries....

well...tomorrow i will go again to my mac counter...still hoping...

have a good night everybody...

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreacvbb
hey girls....

i am sooo sad
weeping.gif

my mac store didnt get yhe blushes yet...
i am sooo hopping everyday....as more i am hopping as slowly run the time...
it seems that my days never ends...
cry.gif

but we have since a week new view and electroflash...why the hell we dont get sonic chic? this is already released in most of the other european countries....

well...tomorrow i will go again to my mac counter...still hoping...

have a good night everybody...

Good night
winks.gif
You are not the only one waiting - but we will get them, too!
thmbup.gif

darkishstar

I want them so bad! I'm scared that they'll run out before I get to the store. I don't want to order these without seeing them in person because I really need a MA to help me because I don't know how to use blush! AHHHHHHHHH.

darkishstar

OKAY, scratch that. In an hour and a half between work and my kung fu class, I'm going to mall and getting my blushes and my lipglasses on Thursday. I'm THAT crazy!

Final list to check out:
Dainty
Merrily
Gleeful (I know for sure that this is a definite for me, I'm in LOVE with this color for some reason)
Pleasantry
Nuance (Though I'm sure it probably won't show up on me. I need to try it out in store)

Uhm. Has anyone ever tried on like.. 10 million blushes at the store before? Do you just clean it off your cheek in between colors with a wipe? Or do you just swatch it on your arm and call it a day? I don't own any blushes so I don't think I could just judge from an arm/hand swatch... Any suggestions or tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Thanks lovelies, you all brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for all the well wishes.
I am still sick but I am getting a lil better each day. I still have a secondary ear infection that is killer and my voice is back but very raspy and its hard to talk b/c it takes so much effort. I missed so much school that I had to drop out and I guess that is why I feel down. I don't feel like doing much now b/c I am in pain. Hopefully I am capable of visiting the counter on Thurs but even that is a stretch.

Awww babe, I hope you get better. I was wondering where you went off to as well. Sorry for your pain and sickness, I know you will get better and get yourself back on track!
th_hug.gif

Ernie

For all you fair skinned ladies, Dainty rocks! I'm a NC 15, and I've been wearing this since last week. I ordered a back up, just in case. Looks like a peachy/pink flush, and the 181 brush works great with this.

imperfectbeauty

i wish i could decide on here then go get the one i like the most but im so picky about my blush. Too much color scares me. lol. Could someone recommend to me which ones i should take a look at first?? I want to get at least one blush...probably not more then that because i dont really use it on a daily basis. Im C40 in Studio Fix Powder. Any suggestions??

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
For all you fair skinned ladies, Dainty rocks! I'm a NC 15, and I've been wearing this since last week. I ordered a back up, just in case. Looks like a peachy/pink flush, and the 181 brush works great with this.

Ooohh thanks for the info! Im NC15 as well
Im definitely getting pleasantry, gentle and dainty

what do you think of gentle and pleasantry on your skin tone?!
greengrin.gif

clwkerric

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
I know, my collection seems so huge but I love every item, it's hard for me to even think of swapping!!

I know... even though I don't wear everything it's hard for me to think of losing it.. lol. That's bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
But you never know until you try in-store, if you can.
thmbup.gif

I'm going down to MAC on Thursday during my lunch break... I can't wait to check it all out!!
I'm crossing my fingers they have Magnetic Fields from Neo Sci-Fi...I didn't get a chance to get it
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Thanks lovelies, you all brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for all the well wishes.
I am still sick but I am getting a lil better each day. I still have a secondary ear infection that is killer and my voice is back but very raspy and its hard to talk b/c it takes so much effort. I missed so much school that I had to drop out and I guess that is why I feel down. I don't feel like doing much now b/c I am in pain. Hopefully I am capable of visiting the counter on Thurs but even that is a stretch.

Get well!!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_lo211
I'm NC25, brown eyes and black hair Asian.

I just learn something from my live chat with Amy:

Shy Beauty (Beauty Powder Blush) is lighter than Warm Soul, and something between Dainty and Nuance.
Both Dainty and Nuance will show off pretty well on NC20-30 skin tone.

Love Thing is nothing alike Feeling or True Romantic (Beauty Powder Blush). Feeling and True Romantic are more softer and plumy, whereas Love Thing is more deeper and dirty burgundy with golden shimmer.

NC25 is better with Medium/Natural And Shimmer in Mineralize Skinfinish (Duo) of the New View Collection.

And Amy strongly recommends 181SE brush for powder or blushes.
thmbup.gif

p.s. I'm so envy of those who could visit MAC in person.
cry.gif

Thanks for the info
smiles.gif
I"m the same NC25 with dark brown eyes/hair.

Well... I Certainly can't wait to see it all in person!!
th_happy1.gif

stv578

Why am I now feeling the urge to add Merrily to my list?! If I do end up getting Gentle and Merrily as well, I vow not to purchase any more blush till I hit pan on something!

erine1881

hey everyone! i'm back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminbarley
Edit 2: Both my Gentle and Dainty say that they're made in Italy, whereas my Strada says that it was made in Canada - don't know whether or not country of manufacture for MAC Mineralize/blush products makes a difference in terms of their quality, as I don't have any other ones to check but it might or might not worth noting for the future. Unless, of course, all MAC Mineralize products are made in Italy!
greengrin.gif

yes, all mineralize products are made in italy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJane
How are these blushes different than the blushes Mac has ...sheertone shimmer, beauty powder blushes...? From the swatches and pics, these look the same as other colors Mac has in their line.

they are made of completely different ingredients and by a completely different process. plus, you can use these wet or dry for a different coverage/finish/look. these cannot be used on the eye/lip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyv6
Wow, what an awesome haul, what do you like using the 189 for? I have so many brushes from MAC but that one does not stand out to me, so I'm curious. TIA.

people were commenting on how its the same hair as the 223/169. its not, but it looks like it. this is a stiffer brush. its not as stiff as the 190, but not as soft as the 223 or 169.

unfortunately, we covered so much stuff that we didn't get to play with these, the shadows, or new view powders. i do, however, have info on all of these, and will play around with them tomorrow at work. so, if you have any questions on colors, i can answer them tomorrw.

sorry i couldn't have been of more help with these, but i have lots of info on other products, so just bear with me.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Why am I now feeling the urge to add Merrily to my list?! If I do end up getting Gentle and Merrily as well, I vow not to purchase any more blush till I hit pan on something!

Cause it's beautimus! I am leaning heavily toward Love Thing and Merrily as my 2 blush purchases cause they seem to be the most unique. I recently hit the pan on TWO of my blushes, so now I am allowed to buy 2 more
winks.gif