MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

AudreyNicole

th_happy1.gif
Erine is baaaaack!
th_happy1.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
...i have lots of info on other products, so just bear with me.

*follows erine from thread to thread craving more info*
th_LMAO.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
th_LMAO.gif

*gets in line behind purrtykitty and attempts to start a conga line*
th_DANCE.gif

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Ooohh thanks for the info! Im NC15 as well
Im definitely getting pleasantry, gentle and dainty

what do you think of gentle and pleasantry on your skin tone?!
greengrin.gif

With a light hand and the right brush, you could wear both of them, especially with your dark hair/fair skin. Gentle is a subdued cool plum and Pleasantry is a mid tone warm/hot pink. Because of the shimmer in them, they go on smoothly and not too intense, unless you want that.

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
th_DANCE.gif

Joining the Conga line
dance.gif
party.gif
th_ymca.gif
th_DANCE.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
With a light hand and the right brush, you could wear both of them, especially with your dark hair/fair skin. Gentle is a subdued cool plum and Pleasantry is a mid tone warm/hot pink. Because of the shimmer in them, they go on smoothly and not too intense, unless you want that.

Just curious, have you tried Merrily or Love Thing yet? What do you think about those for us fair skinned ladies?

Ernie

Quote:
Just curious, have you tried Merrily or Love Thing yet? What do you think about those for us fair skinned ladies?

I would go for Merrily, it's bright but can be toned down with plenty of blending. I'm afraid Love Thing is really suited better towards medium/darker skin tones, although it's a gorgeous color.

omgitzstephanie

Quote:
Yeah its kind of insane how long it takes, free shipping for Canadians isnt "next day" shipping, its like 5 - 7 business day shipping... so if I ordered it today it'd probably come next Thursday
ssad.gif

The two times Ive ordered offline its taken just under two business weeks...

scary.

So I just dont do it, we have a nice MAC freestanding store about 6 minute drive from my house, so thats a plus I guess.

I'm always so shocked to hear that ya'll can order stuff and get it next day! amazing, Canada post sucks haha
ssad.gif

Really! I'm in Canada and whenever I order online it comes the next day or sometimes the day after! Never more than 2 days! Maybe its the area I live in? Or maybe my UPS guy isn't lazy ?
cutey.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
I would go for Merrily, it's bright but can be toned down with plenty of blending. I'm afraid Love Thing is really suited better towards medium/darker skin tones, although it's a gorgeous color.

That's good info for me, because those are the two I'm considering. Since they're pretty expensive, I'd like to cut costs where I can. Merrily is at the top of the list, so if one gets cut, it will be Love Thing.

lalunia

I must have read about 50 of the first pages of the thread and then gave up searching for an answer lol.

How does Dainty, Gentle and Pleasantry compare to Shy Beauty, True Romantic and Sweetness? I apologize if this was already answered and tia!

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalunia
I must have read about 50 of the first pages of the thread and then gave up searching for an answer lol.

How does Dainty, Gentle and Pleasantry compare to Shy Beauty, True Romantic and Sweetness? I apologize if this was already answered and tia!

The wonderful Emma posted this earlier, hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_lo211
I'm NC25, brown eyes and black hair Asian.

I just learn something from my live chat with Amy:

Shy Beauty (Beauty Powder Blush) is lighter than Warm Soul, and something between Dainty and Nuance.
Both Dainty and Nuance will show off pretty well on NC20-30 skin tone.

Love Thing is nothing alike Feeling or True Romantic (Beauty Powder Blush). Feeling and True Romantic are more softer and plumy, whereas Love Thing is more deeper and dirty burgundy with golden shimmer.

NC25 is better with Medium/Natural And Shimmer in Mineralize Skinfinish (Duo) of the New View Collection.

And Amy strongly recommends 181SE brush for powder or blushes.
thmbup.gif

p.s. I'm so envy of those who could visit MAC in person.
cry.gif

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitzstephanie
Really! I'm in Canada and whenever I order online it comes the next day or sometimes the day after! Never more than 2 days! Maybe its the area I live in? Or maybe my UPS guy isn't lazy ?
cutey.gif

Are you paying for next day delivery?
When I do the free delivery option that MAC has avaliable for some collections, it takes up to 7 business days usually.

lalunia

Quote:
The wonderful Emma posted this earlier, hope that helps.

So True Romantic is not similar to Gentle? bummer, I lost my True Romantic BPB and was hoping this would be close!

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalunia
So True Romantic is not similar to Gentle? bummer, I lost my True Romantic BPB and was hoping this would be close!

I never personally owned true romantic, but hopefully someone who did can answer this for you
smiles.gif
!

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
th_LMAO.gif

I had the same exact idea in my head

Quote:
th_DANCE.gif

Hey I might as well jump on too!
party.gif
dance.gif
(omg these smilies are so effing cute!!!)

Okay guys. I changed my mind about Dainty which is cool with me. I dont know which pink to get now? Can somebody help me? I am getting Love Thing and Merrily. But I want a pink and I doubt Dainty will show up on me. Someone please help me???

BTW, I think Love Thing and Merrily are SO coming back in the fall. Look at how many people are getting both of them for their unique-ness. yes my dears. Kinda makes me want to not get them and wait til fall, haha. But no, I'm buying them now haha
cutey.gif

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I had the same exact idea in my head

Hey I might as well jump on too!
party.gif
dance.gif

Okay guys. I changed my mind about Dainty which is cool with me. I dont know which pink to get now? Can somebody help me? I am getting Love Thing and Merrily. But I want a pink and I doubt Dainty will show up on me. Someone please help me???

BTW, I think Love Thing and Merrily are SO coming back in the fall. Look at how many people are getting both of them for their unique-ness. yes my dears. Kinda makes me want to not get them and wait til fall, haha. But no, I'm buying them now haha
cutey.gif

I was about to say definitely get pleasantry, but Im leaning towards Gentle right now.
I'd say either of the two would look FAB on you.