MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I had the same exact idea in my head

Hey I might as well jump on too!
party.gif
dance.gif
(omg these smilies are so effing cute!!!)

Okay guys. I changed my mind about Dainty which is cool with me. I dont know which pink to get now? Can somebody help me? I am getting Love Thing and Merrily. But I want a pink and I doubt Dainty will show up on me. Someone please help me???

BTW, I think Love Thing and Merrily are SO coming back in the fall. Look at how many people are getting both of them for their unique-ness. yes my dears. Kinda makes me want to not get them and wait til fall, haha. But no, I'm buying them now haha
cutey.gif

I do think Dainty will be too light for you, how about pleasantry?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
That logic is good enough for me.
greengrin.gif

And since you are such a blush fiend, what PRO shades would you recommend? I'm debating between Azalea, Salsarose, Devil, Cantaloupe, Full Fuchsia, and Dirty Plum. Right now, I only want to get 1-2 of them, but they all look so appealing.

Okay - pictures of the Pro Blushes are now in the Official Swatch Request thread. Enjoy! Sorry to get off topic...

darkishstar

So sad that Dainty will probably be too light for me.
ssad.gif

It looks so pretty on you fairer girls!

Maybe I'll skip Dainty and get... LOVE THING instead like the rest of you?!
smiles.gif

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
I was about to say definitely get pleasantry, but Im leaning towards Gentle right now.
I'd say either of the two would look FAB on you.

Yeah....hmmmm. which to get which to get

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
I do think Dainty will be too light for you, how about pleasantry?

looks like pleasantry it is! haha that was easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar

Maybe I'll skip Dainty and get... LOVE THING instead like the rest of you?!
smiles.gif

Dooooooooooooooooooo it! Getttt it. You are gonna look at everyones FOTD's and see Love Thing and you will be the only one without it!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC

Dooooooooooooooooooo it! Getttt it. You are gonna look at everyones FOTD's and see Love Thing and you will be the only one without it!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

OMG! ENABLER! Just like Audrey and Elegant-One!
th_LMAO.gif

But yeah. What is your skin tone? I'm NC30 and I'm afraid that Dainty won't show up on me. I'm pretty sure I got darker hahahaha... I figure I'll swatch it. I think it's also a given that Nuance won't show up the way I want it to either. So... Love Thing is a very good possibility. But yes, I need to look at these in store to make my final decision!

And I think Gleeful will probably be the IT blush for me from this collection!
th_DANCE.gif

kiss

So I called MAC and they told me the collection allready came out LAST thursday at the pro store. So I rushed to the store and nothing was sold-out yet...as I was swatching the blushes I felt like I just had to grab all of them and run out of the store as if they were all going to get sold-out right this minute lol. Anyways here's what I thought:

Merilly: I was most excited about this one, but when I swatched it, it was brick bright orange. Not red at all.
Love Thing: This one is my favourite of all. It looks very dark in the pan but on the face the color is totally different. It's like a bright raspberry color.
Gentle: This is one is gorgeous but it reminds of True Romantic. It's nothing like Love thing.
Love Joy: An icky brown. Not my type of blush.
Dainty: My second favourite. I normally hate light blushes but this one surprised me. It's not that light.
Nuance: This one seemed nice but I was afraid it was going to be orange on me.
Gleeful: Don't remember but the color didn't stand out to me.
Pleasantry: Looks very pretty but on the face I feel like it looks just like Dollymix. I don't know if I should return it...

Conclusion: If I had to pick one it would be Love thing. Dainty is nice too but I don't feel the rest are original must-haves.

UPDATE: I treid pleasantry today one cheek and Dollymix on the other and Pleasantry is definetely the winner. It is more pigmented and looks more fresh/natural. I will be keeping this one!

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
I was going to try and skip this collection, but Merrily and Love Thing have been calling my name. I've been in the mood for fall colors lately and don't have a decent plum blush to my name yet. Love Thing sounds gorgeous and I just saw the pictures of Merrily in the swatches thread. I take it these don't have much in the way of veining in them?

Yes, not much veining in them.

Luceuk

SDKFJHDFJHDJH!!! I just dropped Pleasantry. I screamed Noooooooooo and my mum came running the room thinking something had happened to me but thankfully it survived the fall
th_DANCE.gif

I need to get a backup, I'm scared in case something happens to it!!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceuk
SDKFJHDFJHDJH!!! I just dropped Pleasantry. I screamed Noooooooooo and my mum came running the room thinking something had happened to me but thankfully it survived the fall
th_DANCE.gif

Aaahhh
shockt.gif
Never do this again!
nonono.gif

blindpassion

Quote:
I'll try not too, I got my mum to pick it up. I couldn't bare to look
th_LMAO.gif

I did that exact thing to my lightscapade MSF!!!
It was laying on the floor with the bottom facing up
and when I picked it up, I was so scared
and it was shattered
but only half of it was shattered! the other half I still use.

rocking chick

I dropped my All That Glitters on the bathroom floor before. My heart breaks but luckily it is a permanent color & it is not one of my favourite e/s. But if it is any mineralize products or other of my MAC LE e/s *I can't imagine that*

rocking chick

Quote:
th_DANCE.gif

Lucky you, it didn't breaks
smiles.gif

When such incidents happened, we will be glad that we bought backups
smiles.gif

thelove4tequila

Woohoo. I just ordered Nuance (since I don't have anything like this color), Pleasentry (looks like it will actually show up on my skin rather than Dainty), Gentle and Merrily. Sooooooo excited.

But CRAP. I just realized I forgot to add the 189 to my order!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaa.

jenntoz

I was hoping to wake up today & have a shipping email with my tracking number, but no such luck
thmbdn.gif

Has anyone's order shipped yet?

annie333

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
I was hoping to wake up today & have a shipping email with my tracking number, but no such luck
thmbdn.gif

Has anyone's order shipped yet?

My 2-day shipped last night and UPS says it's scheduled for delivery to me (in downtown Milwaukee) by tomorrow BUT BUT BUT according to the tracking number, it departed Oak Creek at 7:03 am!!! Oak Creek is a skip away! So hopefully, I'll have it today.

I'm so excited, I could poop my pants.
yahoo.gif
I ordered all of them except Gentle and Warm Soul but they are on my "save for later" account on MAC so that if they're still available next week, I'll order them.

Does anyone know if these brushes tend to sell out? I've never been a big brush person but lately I am leaning more toward getting them.

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Wheeeee! More love for Love Thing! Only 24 more hours....

I am leaving town tomorrow, so mine is coming today- I had it overnight shipped.

yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

I HaVE to go PACK. OMG new collection days are horrible- I stay online WAY too long.

But I am leaving really early in the AM so better get my butt going!
choochoo.gif
choochoo.gif
choochoo.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorqueen
I am leaving town tomorrow, so mine is coming today- I had it overnight shipped.

yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

I HaVE to go PACK. OMG new collection days are horrible- I stay online WAY too long.

But I am leaving really early in the AM so better get my butt going!
choochoo.gif
choochoo.gif
choochoo.gif

th_happy1.gif
Hope you LOVE it!
smiles.gif
Have a great trip!
yes.gif

AudreyNicole

What to do, what to do. I can't believe I am saving this, but I am thinking of only getting Love Thing and saving for Starflash. That one I was going to skip, but after seeing the swatches, I just can't. Eyeshadows are my downfall.