MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

stv578

Hi Ladies! For those of you around NC25 thinking of getting Dainty, I just tried mine on. I'm actually a bit darker right now with the summer and all, and this showed up just fine on me. I was a little disappointed though that it's pretty much a peach colour on me. It does have a slight touch of pink, but on my olive complexion, it's definitely peach! So for anyone that likes a glowy peachy blush, it's really quite nice!

Edit: Okay, i had another look after having this on for a bit and it does have pink in it, so my apologies, it's a peachy pink! It's nice!

ChanelAddicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Are you paying for next day delivery?
When I do the free delivery option that MAC has avaliable for some collections, it takes up to 7 business days usually.

Hi! I'm also in Canada (in Québec) and always order with a free shipping code... i always get it the next day or the day after... it never took more then 2 days to get to me. Maybe it depends on where you live?

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanelAddicted
Hi! I'm also in Canada (in Québec) and always order with a free shipping code... i always get it the next day or the day after... it never took more then 2 days to get to me. Maybe it depends on where you live?

I wish it were cuz then I'd definitely get mine that fast, maybe even next day! The warehouse in Ontario is a 1/2 hr away from me but sometimes I don't get my order (big or small) till 5 business days later. Because of that I only order online if I'm super busy and I know exactly what I want - it's hard waiting that long!

poddygirl

I ordered yesterday as soon as the collections went live and got emailed a tracking number this morning for delivery tomorrow. Unfortunately our UPS guy comes at the very end of the day but I have Friday off so
choochoo.gif

Hope yours comes soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
I was hoping to wake up today & have a shipping email with my tracking number, but no such luck
thmbdn.gif

Has anyone's order shipped yet?

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss

Love Thing: This one is my favourite of all. It looks very dark in the pan but on the face the color is totally different. It's like a bright raspberry color.
Gentle: This is one is gorgeous but it reminds of True Romantic. It's nothing like Love thing

Conclusion: If I had to pick one it would be Love thing. Dainty is nice too but I don't feel the rest are original must-haves.

Oh, OH, I think I just jumped out of my skin, yes, yes, yes!!!.
yahoo.gif
cutey.gif
th_DANCE.gif

I order these puppies and I will be darned if I won't use these for the rest of the summer, as I have a love of blush lately in the the summer.

I love thee MAC.

x.DOLLYMiX.x

I have on pleasantry today and it is gorgeous, it is so pigmented you really only want one swipe. I made the mistake of putting loads on and I had to really buff it out lol.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
What to do, what to do. I can't believe I am saving this, but I am thinking of only getting Love Thing and saving for Starflash. That one I was going to skip, but after seeing the swatches, I just can't. Eyeshadows are my downfall.

At first when I read this I was like "AUDREY NO HOW COULD YOU!?!?" but then I had time to think about it,
they are coming back in the fall
smiles.gif

so you could totally get one or two and then wait, and it wouldn't be a big deal.

kiss

If anyone was wondering, Dainty is MUCH better than Alpha girl. In fact, it makes alpha girl look really bad!

elegant-one

Quote:
If anyone was wondering, Dainty is MUCH better than Alpha girl. In fact, it makes alpha girl look really bad!

shockt.gif
really...oh thats blasphemous
tong.gif
nonono.gif

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
hey everyone! i'm back!

yes, all mineralize products are made in italy.

they are made of completely different ingredients and by a completely different process. plus, you can use these wet or dry for a different coverage/finish/look. these cannot be used on the eye/lip.

people were commenting on how its the same hair as the 223/169. its not, but it looks like it. this is a stiffer brush. its not as stiff as the 190, but not as soft as the 223 or 169.

unfortunately, we covered so much stuff that we didn't get to play with these, the shadows, or new view powders. i do, however, have info on all of these, and will play around with them tomorrow at work. so, if you have any questions on colors, i can answer them tomorrw.

sorry i couldn't have been of more help with these, but i have lots of info on other products, so just bear with me.

th_dunno.gif
How about the 181 ????is it the same as the 181 SE? I don't think MAC wouyld charge 30$ for a machine-made brush, right right right??? PLease DO TELL!!!!!

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmenchi
th_dunno.gif
How about the 181 ????is it the same as the 181 SE? I don't think MAC wouyld charge 30$ for a machine-made brush, right right right??? PLease DO TELL!!!!!

I am so curious about this as well
if its hand made I will buy it
if its machine made I wont pay 30 dollars for it.

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmenchi
th_dunno.gif

Quote:

I agree. I have the 181se from Novel Twist which I love. But if this new one is better quality I might go ahead and get another one. I'm assuming the Novel Twist 181 was machine made though.
th_dunno.gif

Winthrop44

For whatever it's worth I asked on Live Chat yesterday and the artist told me this 181 is exactly the same as previous ones.
th_dunno.gif

GlamYOURUs

After seeing the swatches I think I am only going to get Pleasantry and Love Thing. They seem more unique than others. Merrily reminds me of my Serenely, so I won't get it. I also wanted Warm Soul and Nuance but they also remind me of my Eversun and Joyous/Hipness blushes.

I think I am getting good at not spending so much @ MAC now. I love the elimination process. I don't plan on buying from New View or Electroflash (maybe the blue shadow but that is it) either. My eye is on Cult of Cherry collection.

dmenchi

gosh, i had the same conversation with a live-chat...she couldn't get that when you click on the picture it says 181SE-but the describtion says 181....confusing, is mAC to greedy now to provide a new picture???..LOL I was sooo aggrevated because this lady-did not know anything- she kept telling me:''this is a smaller brush than the 182 and it's great for your purse...." and "all SE brushes are machine-made " but is THIS an SE? or is it a whole new brush the 181 without SE????

rbella

I got my shipment today. I am going to return Mellow Mood and Major Minor, I was really disappointed in these two. Dainty is awesome. Gentle is beautiful. Sea and Sky, Fresh Green Mix and Polar Opposites did not disappoint. Odd Couple might take me a few days. Sonic Vibe is one of the best purchases I've ever made and Culture Clash is sooooo pretty!!!

Ethel

Does anyone know how close Dainty is to Shy Beauty BPB, or Gentle and Sweetness BPB? If I have Shy Beauty and Sweetness, do I need Dainty and Gentle? Or do they look similar on?

dmenchi

Quote:

Thank you- somebody understands!!!!! i was thinking that I AM crazy-but it's clearly the live-chat lady, right? LOL

stv578

Quote:

I completely agree. Texture, colour, colour-payoff... whichever way you look at it. And I have this one 4 hrs later, partly sitting out on a very hot and humid day, and it still looks like it was just applied.

(Sorry Elegant-One!)