MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

blackrose

So is Merrily and Love Thing suited more for darker complexions? I think I'm like a NC20...but I think they're so pretty..And is Don't Be Shy from Barbie similar at all to Pleasantry to have both? I don't have many blushes so I can really go crazy w/ buying these!
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I completely agree. Texture, colour, colour-payoff... whichever way you look at it. And I have this one 4 hrs later, partly sitting out on a very hot and humid day, and it still looks like it was just applied.

(Sorry Elegant-One!)

Well that's just hard to imagine
nope.gif
....but yet that is good news that its different & better
yes.gif
th_e2cloud9.gif

rbella

I think they are sort of on par with each other. I love Alpha Girl so much. I refuse to bury her under the weight of my newfound love for Dainty. I refuse!!

Seriously, I think that Dainty is awesome, but Alpha Girl will always have a special place in my heart. I never had any problems with texture, payoff or wear...

Karen_B

I'm still 98% sure I want Gentle and Pleasantry, but I am worried now that they are very similar? On some of the swatches they do look alike, but I seem to remember someone (probably AudreyNicole) saying they are not the same?

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B
I'm still 98% sure I want Gentle and Pleasantry, but I am worried now that they are very similar? On some of the swatches they do look alike, but I seem to remember someone (probably AudreyNicole) saying they are not the same?

They swatched very different on me. Pleasantry is a bright pink, and Gentle is a pale, light raspberry. It is more in the plum family than Pleasantry.
smiles.gif
I have both of my list of possibilities, if that helps.

omgitzstephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Are you paying for next day delivery?
When I do the free delivery option that MAC has avaliable for some collections, it takes up to 7 business days usually.

Nope, I'm way to cheap to afford next day delivery
cutey.gif
But I usually order when its free shipping. Maybe you should call MAC and tell them it takes you an awfully long time to get your goodies.
th_dunno.gif

Karen_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
They swatched very different on me. Pleasantry is a bright pink, and Gentle is a pale, light raspberry. It is more in the plum family than Pleasantry.
smiles.gif
I have both of my list of possibilities, if that helps.

It helps a lot, thanks!
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Ahhhh...Gentle is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! Merrily still kinda looks like it has the possibility of an orange-ish cast...dunno. I like the pics of it that have more of a cherry/red look , but then in others its that darn burnt showin thru

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Ahhhh...Gentle is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! Merrily still kinda looks like it has the possibility of an orange-ish cast...dunno. I like the pics of it that have more of a cherry/red look , but then in others its that darn burnt showin thru

Yeah, it's kind of strange. In the pan, it looks more red. On my skin, it was not really orange, but not red either. Could have been the poor lighting though. This one, I am definately swatching and going out into natural light before I buy...

When I saw the newest swatches of the Cult of Cherry lip stuff, I got all excited, thinking about how good Lightly Ripe l/s will look with Gentle and Love Thing!
yes.gif
I am loving how all these collections are working off of eachother!
smiles.gif

omgitzstephanie

Okay I've made my final list, the babies I'm getting are:

Love Thing,
Gentle
Dainty!
choochoo.gif

I really want Merrily and Pleasantry but those just don't get as much love from me
cutey.gif
Hopefully they'll return and I'll get them later. But for now, I'm waiting for Starflash & Cult Of Cherry!

elegant-one

Quote:

When I saw the newest swatches of the Cult of Cherry lip stuff, I got all excited, thinking about how good Lightly Ripe l/s will look with Gentle and Love Thing!
yes.gif
I am loving how all these collections are working off of eachother!
smiles.gif

Lightly Ripe & Cherry Blossom =
yummy.gif
yummy.gif
yummy.gif

Yeah, Merrily may be one that needs to be tested first

xoleaxo

just when i think i can skip these, i check this thread and suddenly i'm in desperate need of a few!
smiles.gif

but seriously, i love warm soul, nuance and dainty.. i will only buy ONE! (ok.. maybe 2). what do you guys think? i already have sunbasque, my <3.. is nuance similar to it at all? help an NC35 out..
lol.gif

bis

yes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
th_ymca.gif
My MA confirmed we will get the collections at my counter tomorrow morning!!
yahoo.gif

Hey, good to hear. Do you already know what you are getting?

I want to look at Merrily again. Maybe
winks.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
yes.gif

Hey, good to hear. Do you already know what you are getting?

I want to look at Merrily again. Maybe
winks.gif

From Sonic Chic? I want Pleasantry, Gentle and Love Thing
yes.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
th_ymca.gif
yahoo.gif

I'm sooooooo happy for ya!
choochoo.gif
yahoo.gif
thmbup.gif
Won't you be a happy girl
drools.gif

Got pro Rhubarb today...B...eautiful
yes.gif
its kinda like sweetness with a lil burgundy
th_e2cloud9.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I'm sooooooo happy for ya!
choochoo.gif
yahoo.gif
thmbup.gif
Won't you be a happy girl
drools.gif

Do you think I will be able to sleep this night??
cutey.gif

stv578

Quote:
th_ymca.gif
yahoo.gif

Wheeee! Yay Susanne! Let us know what'cha get!

Quote:
Ahhh, the newest swatches of Merrily have me in love again!

Ahhh is right! I am trying to be soooo good, but being a blush addict, this collection is taunting me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleaxo
just when i think i can skip these, i check this thread and suddenly i'm in desperate need of a few!
smiles.gif

Same! This thread and of course our resident pusher Audrey!
tong.gif
(j/k Audrey, you know I love ya!)

rbella

Quote:
Do you think I will be able to sleep this night??
cutey.gif

No Way!! You'll be too excited! I am so happy for you. I really feel like with your coloring these collections will look superb on you. I hope you post some FOTD's!!!!!!