MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
I got my shipment today. I am going to return Mellow Mood and Major Minor, I was really disappointed in these two. Dainty is awesome. Gentle is beautiful. Sea and Sky, Fresh Green Mix and Polar Opposites did not disappoint. Odd Couple might take me a few days. Sonic Vibe is one of the best purchases I've ever made and Culture Clash is sooooo pretty!!!

th_WeAreDoomed.png
Runs to go get Sonic Vibe. I knew it was good from the swatches and pics, should've trusted my instincts.

blackrose

So are any light skinned girls, (like around NC20) getting Love Thing or Merrily? They're so pretty, but I'd hate to get a blush thats wrong for my skin tone..hm.

Winthrop44

I'm NC15 and I'm getting Love Thang. I think it'll be very pretty used with a very light hand. Audrey and Elegant-one are fair as well.

Luceuk

I'm NC20 and got Love thing and Merrily. If you use a very light hand they look lovely! The first time I tried Merrily it looked like I had a red stripe on my face but the second time I used a tiny bit and it looks really nice.

VDUB*BELLA

Wow I have never been so undecided
ssad.gif
Usually I already know what I want and just buy my stuff online (even though my closest MAC is 2 mins away LOL) I am holding off till I see these babies in person. I thought I wanted Gentle but after seeing swatches I think I want Dainty or Nuance over my first choice *sigh*

blackrose

Thank you! Now I want not only Merrily and Love Thing, but Pleasantry, Gentle, and Dainty! Do you think that the brush, the 181, is a good brush to use for a *very* light touch while using Merrily or Love Thing? I don't really have a blush brush that I'm happy with...

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrose
So are any light skinned girls, (like around NC20) getting Love Thing or Merrily? They're so pretty, but I'd hate to get a blush thats wrong for my skin tone..hm.

Yep, those are the two that are top on my list
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceuk
I'm NC20 and got Love thing and Merrily. If you use a very light hand they look lovely! The first time I tried Merrily it looked like I had a red stripe on my face but the second time I used a tiny bit and it looks really nice.

yahoo.gif
I am getting SO excited!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleaxo
is culture clash anything like sugar trance?

IMO, no. Cultureclash reminds me a bit of Sweetness l/g from Barbie. It is more pink, and has much more sparkle than Sugar Trance.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Thank you! Now I want not only Merrily and Love Thing, but Pleasantry, Gentle, and Dainty! Do you think that the brush, the 181, is a good brush to use for a *very* light touch while using Merrily or Love Thing? I don't really have a blush brush that I'm happy with...

I think the 181 is a great brush, but probably not the best for applying the darker blushes. I think it is better as a buffer brush, or used with lighter blushes. If you don't want to spend a ton right off, you can get a skunk brush made by Flirt!. They are sold at Kohls and are only $6. I have 2 of them, and use them ALL the time. I do eventually want the 187 and 188 MAC brushes, but the Flirt one is awesome for the price
yes.gif

xoleaxo

thanks, audrey.. sugar trance makes my lips look so pale so i'll definitely check out culture clash!

VDUB*BELLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Do you think I will be able to sleep this night??
cutey.gif

LOL its like the day before Christmas when you were a kid
th_DANCE.gif

Luceuk

Quote:

I apply with the 187 and then blend with the 181. I found that for me that I kept picking up too much product with the 181.

VDUB*BELLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
They swatched very different on me. Pleasantry is a bright pink

Bright pink as in Fashion Frenzy bright pink?? If I have FF do you think I can pass Pleasantry?
ahh I want all of them!!!
drools.gif

Julie5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I think the 181 is a great brush, but probably not the best for applying the darker blushes. I think it is better as a buffer brush, or used with lighter blushes. If you don't want to spend a ton right off, you can get a skunk brush made by Flirt!. They are sold at Kohls and are only $6. I have 2 of them, and use them ALL the time. I do eventually want the 187 and 188 MAC brushes, but the Flirt one is awesome for the price
yes.gif

Thank you so much for that info I am going to try those brushes!!!! Thats so nice to know I would of never thought of that
winkiss.gif

Divinity

Swatches here are such a help, but I can never make a solid list. I usually get more than I plan because nothing beats in person. I can't wait to shop and play tomorrow!!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDUB*BELLA
Bright pink as in Fashion Frenzy bright pink?? If I have FF do you think I can pass Pleasantry?
ahh I want all of them!!!
drools.gif

It is as bright, but lighter if that makes sense. I have Fashion Frenzy, and would like Pleasantry, but it's not as high on my list as others since I have a bunch of other bright pink blushes. I think it is safe to get others you want first, because I am sure it will be one of the ones back in the fall
smiles.gif