MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

dmenchi

any news on the 181 brush,anybody? TIA
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Yes, not much veining in them.

there is no veining whatsoever. just beautiful shimmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmenchi
th_dunno.gif
How about the 181 ????is it the same as the 181 SE? I don't think MAC wouyld charge 30$ for a machine-made brush, right right right??? PLease DO TELL!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
I agree. I have the 181se from Novel Twist which I love. But if this new one is better quality I might go ahead and get another one. I'm assuming the Novel Twist 181 was machine made though.
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
For whatever it's worth I asked on Live Chat yesterday and the artist told me this 181 is exactly the same as previous ones.
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
gosh, i had the same conversation with a live-chat...she couldn't get that when you click on the picture it says 181SE-but the describtion says 181....confusing, is mAC to greedy now to provide a new picture???..LOL I was sooo aggrevated because this lady-did not know anything- she kept telling me:''this is a smaller brush than the 182 and it's great for your purse...." and "all SE brushes are machine-made " but is THIS an SE? or is it a whole new brush the 181 without SE????

Quote:
any news on the 181 brush,anybody? TIA
smiles.gif

this is the 181. not 181SE. any and all SE brushes are machine made, making the quality inferior to the regular brushes, which is why the brush, pearlizer and bag from novel twist was so cheap compared to this brush alone. i don't know how the 181SE measures, but this is only 2 inches tall. its super cute! its a midget version of the 182.
girlhaha.gif

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
there is no veining whatsoever. just beautiful shimmer.

this is the 181. not 181SE. any and all SE brushes are machine made, making the quality inferior to the regular brushes, which is why the brush, pearlizer and bag from novel twist was so cheap compared to this brush alone. i don't know how the 181SE measures, but this is only 2 inches tall. its super cute! its a midget version of the 182.
girlhaha.gif

Thank you soooo much for clarifying ,i've spend all day trying to figure out if it's machine made----yayayay i'm soooo keeping it -because the SE sucks !Thank you !!!

dmenchi

The Cs lady didn't get just THAT point- that it wasn't the se, but their picture shows it (online)....it's a limited edition aka LE but not an SE...LOL
so if the whole theory of SE applies: couldn't one say the 181se is actually an 182 se because when it was made, it was made to resemble the 182 but smaller( the 181 was just 'born' this week...LOL)....
I knew mAc wouldn't rip us of with a stupid 181SE for 30$ ...yayyy i love MAC ,again !!!!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Guys should I get Gentle?? Will it show up?

yes.gif
I am sure it will show up beautifully on you. It is pretty intense.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
yes.gif
I am sure it will show up beautifully on you. It is pretty intense.

What color is Gentle again? LOL. I know pleasantry is bright (can be bright), Dainty is peachy pink, and wasnt there another one?? I'm not sure if I want pleasantry or the other 2...I keep forgetting?

stv578

Audrey, can you describe (probably again, sorry) the difference between Gentle and Love Thing. I know Love Thing is quite a bit darker, but otherwise what are the differences between them? Based on the swatches, I am thinking Love Thing has more purple in it, whereas Gentle is somewhat comparable to True Romantic, but looks to be a bit brighter than TR. Am I at all on the right track?

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Audrey, can you describe (probably again, sorry) the difference between Gentle and Love Thing. I know Love Thing is quite a bit darker, but otherwise what are the differences between them? Based on the swatches, I am thinking Love Thing has more purple in it, whereas Gentle is somewhat comparable to True Romantic, but looks to be a bit brighter than TR. Am I at all on the right track?

I will do my best to describe them from what I remember. Gentle is lighter and brighter, and has a slight purple tone. Love Thing is darker, and more berry as opposed to purple. IMO it is more of a true "raspberry" compared to Gentle. I don't have True Romantic, and don't really remember it so I can't really compare the two. It's so hard to put into words. Hope that helps some...

GlamYOURUs

I hope the gold shows up on the cheeks in Pleasantry. That is the ONLY reason I want it. I have 4 other pink blushes so I really don't need it.

darkishstar

AGH.
I HAVE to make it to the store tomorrow. HAVE to.
I NEED these:
Dainty
Nuance
Pleasantry
Merrily
Gleeful
Love Thing

I'm on the fence with so many of them (Dainty, Nuance, and now Merrily), but I NEED to check them out and see them. I will get to go.. sometime at 1pm and only have a half an hour to make a decision! I hope it'll be worth skipping class for.

And for not being a blush person... I want 6 of them!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole

yahoo.gif
I am getting SO excited!
smiles.gif

IMO, no. Cultureclash reminds me a bit of Sweetness l/g from Barbie. It is more pink, and has much more sparkle than Sugar Trance.

drools.gif

allThingsGirl

Someone asked about NC40 girls -- I'm NC40 and I'm planning to look at Merrily, Gentle, Gleeful, Love Thing, and Love Joy. I will probably only get 2-3 of them. I can't tell how different Merrily, Love Thing, and Gleeful are...I can see the subtle differences but not sure if they are worth having all three...

imperfectbeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by allThingsGirl
Someone asked about NC40 girls -- I'm NC40 and I'm planning to look at Merrily, Gentle, Gleeful, Love Thing, and Love Joy. I will probably only get 2-3 of them. I can't tell how different Merrily, Love Thing, and Gleeful are...I can see the subtle differences but not sure if they are worth having all three...

looking at the swatches im considering looking at the same ones as you...i really like gentle the most out of them all though. but i'll go in and check them out before i make a decision.

blacktulip

I hope Dainty, Warm soul and Nuance are going to be repromoted in October. These are my favourite
drools.gif

What do you guys think?

So Gentle really seem similar to True Romantic BPB, what about Dainty- this one seems similar to Secret Blush BPB as well. Can someone compare these?