MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Clslvr6spd, Blahwah... you have both sold me on Merrily! I am so getting it! I actually don't have anything in that colour family.

I did just check with my MAC counter at the Bay Hillcrest, and Sonic Chic and Electroflash are out. Colour forms I believe will be tomorrow (still finding that one rather strange!).

Can't DH just leave work early?!

ACK, good! I'm planning to go to Hillcrest tomorrow. Cancelling Colour Forms (goodbye Rolled Gold! *sob*) and getting Gentle instead.

And yes, I'd totally petition for the 181 to be made permanent! Or maybe they'll surprise us like the 188. =O

AlliSwan

I was bummed (...relieved?) that I wasn't interested in ANY of these. I was worrying about how I would limit myself to just 2-3 of them, but when I got to the store, they were all a lot more shimmery than I had expected. After swatching four or five of them, I walked away empty-handed. The colors I really liked were definitely dupeable and they were just so shimmery it was bordering on sparkly. Sigh. Guess I'll stick to my MAC Pro, Nars, and Bobbi Brown blushes.

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I agree! Especially with a PERMANENT mineral line! Duh!
lol.gif
I can't believe they are not making it permanent then. It is SO much better than the 181se. The quality difference is very obvious. It is as soft as the 182 IMO. I am usually not so obsessed over brushes, but I know I have to have this one!

So do you have the 181se to compare to the new 181? I love my 181se but its not as soft as my 182 of course. Ugh. I can't decide if I should get this!!! I mean there isn't anything WRONG with my 181se. I'm trying to justify getting this. I loooove brushes!

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSwan
I was bummed (...relieved?) that I wasn't interested in ANY of these. I was worrying about how I would limit myself to just 2-3 of them, but when I got to the store, they were all a lot more shimmery than I had expected. After swatching four or five of them, I walked away empty-handed. The colors I really liked were definitely dupeable and they were just so shimmery it was bordering on sparkly. Sigh. Guess I'll stick to my MAC Pro, Nars, and Bobbi Brown blushes.

Really? I have to disagree, but respectfully. I can totally see why they look shimmery to you in the pans, but on my cheek, I had almost no shimmer at all. I actually had to add a little shimmer for the extra "glow" I so love! My NARS Oasis looks almost like full-on glitter next to Gentle. However, if I put Orgasm next to Dainty, Dainty definitely has more shimmer to it in the pan. Even so, it still doesn't show up on my cheeks.

Karen_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Just check out maccosmetics.com for your country and it will have the price listed.

They don't list the prices for Sweden, for some reason
th_dunno.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
So do you have the 181se to compare to the new 181? I love my 181se but its not as soft as my 182 of course. Ugh. I can't decide if I should get this!!! I mean there isn't anything WRONG with my 181se. I'm trying to justify getting this. I loooove brushes!

Unfortunately, I don't have it, but my sister does, and I have used it. It is exactly the same size, but the so much softer. As soon as I touched it, I noticed the difference. It is labeled the 181. Minus the SE. While the SE was well made, I think is one is much better made. If I am willing to pay $30 for it, it has to be special. I can't wait to get it!

damsel

ladies i just got back from the mall. omg, love! everything was gorgeous. i got love joy, merrily & nuance. i'm going to order all the others online [excluding gleeful, looks like a lighter version of merrily on me & love thing, too red/dark for my taste].

i was very surprised that these all showed up on me. i was kinda doubtful that they would because a few of them looked uber light online.

i seriously love these blushes. who cares about the blushes in the perm collection? mineralize blushes are fab! i love the slight shimmer and the amount of pigmentation they have. good stuff.

i posted some swatches.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
ladies i just got back from the mall. omg, love! everything was gorgeous. i got love joy, merrily & nuance. i'm going to order all the others online [excluding gleeful, looks like a lighter version of merrily on me & love thing, too red/dark for my taste].

i was very surprised that these all showed up on me. i was kinda doubtful that they would because a few of them looked uber light online.

i seriously love these blushes. who cares about the blushes in the perm collection? mineralize blushes are fab! i love the slight shimmer and the amount of pigmentation they have. good stuff.

i posted some swatches.

I agree 100%. Who cares about the blushes in the permanent line!
lol.gif
Some are similar in color, but not texture, shimmer, wearability.... These blushes are phenominal. I think it is going to be difficult to look at regular powder blushes the same again. They just don't compare IMO.

I am so tempted to go back for Merrily, but I am SO afraid it will do the same thing that the Spaced Out blush from Neo Sci Fi did on me. Bright orange cheeks is not pretty.
lol.gif

mizuki~

Gahh! This is driving me nuts! Trying so hard to narrow it down to only 3...and I much rather spend all my money on these than Electroflash =X

purrtykitty

This is the only sad part about my haul. My counter had all the blushes EXCEPT Merrily - of course, the only one I wanted!! Bummed me out a bit until I hit Electroflash - yes, I have a short attention span!
lol.gif
But, they said they'd call me when it gets in, so I'm not too concerned.

rbella

I have to say that I am really glad I didn't get Merrily. I'm still pissed about Spaced Out. It looks horrible on me and I agree, Audrey, I have the same fear about Merrily. I really think that if you had a bad experience with Spaced Out, this might be one to stay away from. Merrily just looks like it is going to go all Oompa Loompa on me.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
This is the only sad part about my haul. My counter had all the blushes EXCEPT Merrily - of course, the only one I wanted!! Bummed me out a bit until I hit Electroflash - yes, I have a short attention span!
lol.gif

Awww Karin! Bummer about Merrily
ssad.gif
You need to hurry up and get it, cause I want to see it on you before I buy it!
lol.gif

In other news, I just put on VGVI l/g (not SE, the regular one) with Love Thing blush, and they look so pretty together! I can't even stand it!
lol.gif

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
lol.gif

Ugh don't you just HATE when that happens??? I wanted to see Sonic Chic in person last week (which should have been out along with Electroflash and New View in Germany) but it was the ONLY collection that wasn't out! I was bummed. LOL. Oh. well. I already placed my order and I'm pretty sure I will love them!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
I have to say that I am really glad I didn't get Merrily. I'm still pissed about Spaced Out. It looks horrible on me and I agree, Audrey, I have the same fear about Merrily. I really think that if you had a bad experience with Spaced Out, this might be one to stay away from. Merrily just looks like it is going to go all Oompa Loompa on me.

Yep
ssad.gif
If I don't get it (which I probably won't), I will get Salsarose PRO blush instead, I think. My issue with Spaced Out is exactly why I didn't buy it. Spaced Out swatched ok on my hand, and so did Merrily (only a tad orange) but SO was HORRIBLE on my face, and I suspect I'd have the same problem, though probably worse with Merrily
ssad.gif
I want it to work for me SO bad!

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Unfortunately, I don't have it, but my sister does, and I have used it. It is exactly the same size, but the so much softer. As soon as I touched it, I noticed the difference. It is labeled the 181. Minus the SE. While the SE was well made, I think is one is much better made. If I am willing to pay $30 for it, it has to be special. I can't wait to get it!

Ohhh okay. Thanks. I agree, the 181se is well made, but one that is even better quality???? Hellz yeah! I'm getting it. Well that is if its still available online next month. I'll have to buy it and give my other one to someone else less fortunate! haha.

Winthrop44

Well my order arrived and I am in LOVE with Gentle and Love Thing (and Fresh Green Mix too!). My 181 is on its way.
smiles.gif
Now all I have to do is pray I don't start flushing or wake up with broken out cheeks in the morning.

glamqueen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B
They don't list the prices for Sweden, for some reason
th_dunno.gif

girls from Göteborg say they cost 150kr! that is at least 50 kr less than I expected- let's hope the Stockholm-prices are the same!

elegant-one

Quote:
l

i posted some swatches.

Thanks for the swatches - I thought ALL of the shades looked awesome on you
thmbup.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSwan

You might want to try them on your cheeks if you just swatched on your arm. Gentle looked a little shimmery on my arm but on my cheeks I didn't see any of that at all, just gorgeous glow. These have such great pigmentation you need hardly anything on your cheeks and I have a tendency to swatch heavily on my arm....maybe you do too?

annie333

Quote:
i posted some swatches.

Gorgeous swatches to boot! I loved everyone's swatches but these were superb and have me sitting here kicking myself that I didn't just order Gentle and Warm Soul off the bat. Thank you! (I hope you got all of them, they look amazing on you.)
yes.gif