MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

AlliSwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
Really? I have to disagree, but respectfully. I can totally see why they look shimmery to you in the pans, but on my cheek, I had almost no shimmer at all. I actually had to add a little shimmer for the extra "glow" I so love! My NARS Oasis looks almost like full-on glitter next to Gentle. However, if I put Orgasm next to Dainty, Dainty definitely has more shimmer to it in the pan. Even so, it still doesn't show up on my cheeks.

They weren't as shimmery on skin as in the pan, true, but even when I buffed them out (tried the 187 and the 182), there was too much shimmer left on my cheek and not enough of the *glow* that I was hoping for. However, I haven't even liked any of the recent MSFs...the original ones gave such a realistic glow (I've been into MAC for over a decade, so I'm talking original release Shimpagne, So Ceylon, Pleasureflush, etc) whereas the recent ones (even Lightscapade, which wasn't one of the glitterbombs lol) just seemed to leave behind a lot of shimmer. *Shrug*, to each their own, I'm just going to have to live through everyone else's swatches and FOTDs because they sure are pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
You might want to try them on your cheeks if you just swatched on your arm. Gentle looked a little shimmery on my arm but on my cheeks I didn't see any of that at all, just gorgeous glow. These have such great pigmentation you need hardly anything on your cheeks and I have a tendency to swatch heavily on my arm....maybe you do too?

Maybe I did swatch a little heavy since I try to make sure the shade is right for me and it's sometimes hard to pick up orange undertones, etc., under those fluorescent lights...grrr you girls are giving me second thoughts lol...

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysbella
what brush is better to use for this? what are you using? is better to get the regular kabuki or the se-kabuki???

The SE is no longer available. It was a Nordies Novel Twist exclusive LE.

alwaysbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
The SE is no longer available. It was a Nordies Novel Twist exclusive LE.

Isnt that the one that their promoting right now with this collection?

trojanchick99

Quote:
Isnt that the one that their promoting right now with this collection?

The one being promoted now is Limited Edition. The difference is that the LE is higher quality than the Special Edition that came out with Novel Twist.

andreacvbb

hey girls!!!

so my mac-store didnt get them......i cant wait anymore...
and thank you all.....just when i tought i know what i want...
now....after some swatches....
the only think that i know...is...that i dont want warm soul, nuance and love joy...so these are 3 of 9....how big is the possibility that just exactly this 3 arent repromote in october? i need more money.... who has some to sell? i will buy!
th_LMAO.gif

tomorrow i will go to mac...i am sorry for the mua`s...
i will put there a tent with a sleeping bag and sleep there.....so i am the first there tomorrow.....
yahoo.gif

hope everybody had a nice day...

byeeee

hey susana...
did the mac shops in germany has them already? from wich part of germany are u? i am from hamburg...i will be there in september....miss it sooo much...

GlamYOURUs

Okay I just got back as well.

I posted swatches in the swatch forum. =)

As you all know I have been ill for quite sometime so all the excitement kinda went down the drain. But that changed once I started to play around with the blushes. I honestly didn't know what to get as I didn't sit here on specktra to know or observe what colors were pretty and what were not.
But as I swatched all of them on my hand, Love thing, Gentle and Merrily struck me the most.

The other ones were nice but Nuance looked exactly like Hipness on me. Warm Soul looked like Eversun, just as I expected. Dainty and Pleasantry didn't show up on me at all. I wanted Pleasantry so badly but even the MA Margo said it was too light for me. Gleeful was pretty but since I loved Merrily, it was out of the question. I think the other one was Love Joy which was extremely pretty and I can see this color on darker skintones but I figured it would be too dark for me.

As for the 181 it is soooo cute. lol But not a necessity for me to have since I use a angled brush to apply my blushes and the 182 to buff it out.

Overall I am pleased with my purchase and I just love the gold in all of these. Its perfect for any season. =)

omgitzstephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
ACK, good! I'm planning to go to Hillcrest tomorrow. Cancelling Colour Forms (goodbye Rolled Gold! *sob*) and getting Gentle instead.

And yes, I'd totally petition for the 181 to be made permanent! Or maybe they'll surprise us like the 188. =O

I'm Going to Hillcrest tomorrow! Haha maybe we'll bump heads
cutey.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleaxo
what brushes are yall using to apply? the 129 is so big
ssad.gif
i want the 181 for my MSFN!

Quote:
what brush is better to use for this? what are you using? is better to get the regular kabuki or the se-kabuki???

the 181 is too small for the MSFN, but works great with these blushes. i'd suggest the 182 for the MSFN.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
i got love joy, merrily & nuance. i'm going to order all the others online [excluding gleeful, looks like a lighter version of merrily on me & love thing, too red/dark for my taste].

i seriously love these blushes. who cares about the blushes in the perm collection? mineralize blushes are fab! i love the slight shimmer and the amount of pigmentation they have. good stuff.

I love gentle for the subtle light pink with gold shimmer, it is awesome.

I want to cry but Love thing is getting returned because it is too red on my skin. I think I will get Love Joy, Nuance or Merrily.

Now if you have Sweet as Cocoa or Joyous PB blush, do Nuance or Love Joy look similiar in color without the pearl. I love Joyous, it just pops on my skin.

MAC_Whore

I got mine today. If MAC made BP Blushes and all of the mineralize blushes perm, I swear that is all I would wear. Gorgeous!

So what are the mineralize blushes MBs? We now have MSFs, MSFNs, MES and now MBs. This is gettin' complicated.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I got mine today. If MAC made BP Blushes and all of the mineralize blushes perm, I swear that is all I would wear. Gorgeous!

iagree.gif
Those BPB are the best blushes ever! So do you have a favorite color out of the new Mineralize Blushes?

GlamYOURUs

Omg you definitely need to use a VERY LIGHT HAND on the darker colors like Love Thing and Merrily. I just made myself look worse than I already am. I look like I have a really bad rash.
icon_eek.gif

But now that I am swatching them on my face instead of my hand. Merrily and Love Thing look alike. :\ I might return one of them since they are both darker and it will take a while until I use up one. I would exchange it but I don't think I want another color. Hmmm...

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
I love gentle for the subtle light pink with gold shimmer, it is awesome.

I want to cry but Love thing is getting returned because it is too red on my skin. I think I will get Love Joy, Nuance or Merrily.

Now if you have Sweet as Cocoa or Joyous PB blush, do Nuance or Love Joy look similiar in color without the pearl. I love Joyous, it just pops on my skin.

i do not have sweet as cocoa or joyous, sorry. based on swatches i have seen on here [take this with a grain of salt]: gleeful looks like a darker version of joyous. love joy does look similar to sweet as cocoa, but love joy has more pink. hth.

imperfectbeauty

I think possibly the only blush im going to get is Gentle...i don't really do too much color on the cheeks and that looks like the perfect year round color for me. Plus the gold shimmer!!

i will have to go in and swatch these and see which ones work best for me though.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
But now that I am swatching them on my face instead of my hand. Merrily and Love Thing look alike. :\ I might return one of them since they are both darker and it will take a while until I use up one. I would exchange it but I don't think I want another color. Hmmm...

I thought they looked pretty similar too but everyone's been seeing a difference so I thought it was just me, lol. Maybe it's just with medium/darker skintones. I hope I made the right choice with Love Thing! If Merrily's repromoted tho, I think I'll pick it up then.

GlamYOURUs

Nuance turned peach on me but I have yellow undertones. It was like an exact dupe of Hipness. And my counter had it and the MA nad I swatched it and viola! it looked the same.

I wonder if I should get Love Joy if I return Merrily.

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
I thought they looked pretty similar too but everyone's been seeing a difference so I thought it was just me, lol. Maybe it's just with medium/darker skintones. I hope I made the right choice with Love Thing! If Merrily's repromoted tho, I think I'll pick it up then.

Color wise they are DIFFERENT. But once you swipe it on your cheeks and buff it out, they do look the same. I did swatches in the swatch forum and they looked similar, except that Merrily was more orangish while Love Thing was more pink. I do agree that they will probably look no different on darker skintones tbh.

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Nuance turned peach on me but I have yellow undertones. It was like an exact dupe of Hipness. And my counter had it and the MA nad I swatched it and viola! it looked the same.

I wonder if I should get Love Joy if I return Merrily.

love joy rocks! i'm thinking about returning merrily too and getting gleeful instead
th_dunno.gif
i have to compare them more thoroughly.