MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
As I had a huge haul yesterday with Cool Heat, Electroflash and Sonic Chic, I picked up two blushes: Pleasantry and Gentle. I Love Pleasantry!!
drools.gif
This was made for me!
winks.gif
Maybe I will pick up Love Thing as well if I visit the pro store in two weeks.

choochoo.gif
th_DANCE.gif
dothewave.gif

YAY! Finally!!! Your product pics look great

Enjoy!
winks.gif

Divinity

I ended up with Merrily, Love Thing, Pleasantry, and Nuance. I'd like to go back for Gentle because of the hint of purple. I was going to get Love Joy, but it reminded me of Too Fab from the Barbie collection and I have PLENTY of that left. All you Gentle fans, why are you fans? I'm on the fence about this one.

CantAffordMAC

Guyssssssssss. I keep going back and forth....everyone keeps saying Love Thing and Merrily are too similar. I cannot see these in person first (which sucks, I know) I'm an NW35....I really hope these dont come ot the same on me. I don't use a light hand (I overapply) but I will have to buff it out....
th_dunno.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
choochoo.gif
th_DANCE.gif
dothewave.gif

YAY! Finally!!! Your product pics look great

Enjoy!
winks.gif

LOL - I realize slowly that waiting is over and I got my products
winks.gif
I will post pics of Pleasantry with all my other pink blushes tomorrow
yes.gif

GoldenFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Guyssssssssss. I keep going back and forth....everyone keeps saying Love Thing and Merrily are too similar. I cannot see these in person first (which sucks, I know) I'm an NW35....I really hope these dont come ot the same on me. I don't use a light hand (I overapply) but I will have to buff it out....
th_dunno.gif

Love Thing and Merrily are similar but Merrily is definitely a rosier colour on. Personally I prefer Merrily on my NC42 skintone.
yes.gif

clslvr6spd

I am wearing Merrily today with a little bit of Warm Soul! I really like it.
You have to use a light hand when applying Merrily. It doesn't look orange on me (I'm an NC25).
winks.gif

jenntoz

Yay! UPS delivered my goodies last night! I really love everything I got...well, maybe not pleasantry cause I am unsure how the color looks on me(I don't have any other pink blushes though so 1 is always good to have , right?)
BUT...now I want to get Gentle also! All this talk about it & how gorgeous it is & everyone seems to be buying it & the swatches are all sooooo pretty, I feel like it will be the first to sell out. Ugh, lemmings....

annie333

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie333
Well, I just received Dainty, Pleasantly, Nuance, Love Thing, Love Joy and Gleeful via UPS but MERRILY WAS MISSING!
nope.gif
However, because MAC rocks so awesome, they are overnighting it to me so I will have it tomorrow. Which is perfect since tomorrow I'm going to Macy's and getting the last two: Gentle and Warm Soul. These babies are so amazing, I ended up having to have every.last.one.of.them. The glimmery sheen in these are so breathtaking!
blush-anim-cl.gif

UPDATE: So MAC said they'd ship Merrily overnight and I just received my package. Guess what's in it.....GENTLE! Which is so funny because in a half hour, I'm off to Macy's to purchase Gentle AND Warm Soul. However, since I called MAC and said "Um, sorry to bug you again but once more, y'all shipped me the wrong product -- which isn't HORRIBLE since I was gonna buy it anyway...but can I please please please get my Merrily?"

She is overnighting Merrily again (fingers crossed I get the right item this time) and said "Go ahead and keep Gentle...sorry for the 2 screw-ups."

WHAT? Seriously? Wow, thank you MAC, you sure are a class-act! So today at the mall, all I have to buy is Warm Soul to complete the collection.

Oh, and gentle is so pretty I actually grinned when I swatched it.
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
: yahoo:
yahoo.gif

jenntoz

Quote:
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

Ugh, my lemming just grew a little more, lol

AudreyNicole

Ok, now I can see why some of you are buying all of these! I am wearing Pleasantry today, which I love. I applied it today over fresh foundation and powder, and I love how it looks. I am debating a few more of these! They are amazing!

darkishstar

Quote:
UPDATE: So MAC said they'd ship Merrily overnight and I just received my package. Guess what's in it.....GENTLE! Which is so funny because in a half hour, I'm off to Macy's to purchase Gentle AND Warm Soul. However, since I called MAC and said "Um, sorry to bug you again but once more, y'all shipped me the wrong product -- which isn't HORRIBLE since I was gonna buy it anyway...but can I please please please get my Merrily?"

She is overnighting Merrily again (fingers crossed I get the right item this time) and said "Go ahead and keep Gentle...sorry for the 2 screw-ups."

WHAT? Seriously? Wow, thank you MAC, you sure are a class-act! So today at the mall, all I have to buy is Warm Soul to complete the collection.

yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

Awesome! Same thing kinda happened to me. I accidentally had a package shipped to my old college dorm address which is closed this summer!
eeksign.gif
So I emailed them, letting them know.. and I was thinking I'd at most be refunded because I made a stupid mistake, it was MY mistake you know?

They're 2 day delivering a NEW package of it to me.
Hello Take a Hint back-up and Nocturnelle!

MAC is just awesome, great customer service.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Ok, now I can see why some of you are buying all of these! I am wearing Pleasantry today, which I love. I applied it today over fresh foundation and powder, and I love how it looks. I am debating a few more of these! They are amazing!

Yeah, you have only have dab it on because they are super pigmented
thmbup.gif

nightflight

Just ordered Pleasantry and Nuance online. Hope I can get them soon.
How is Gentle compared to True Romance? I have TR but not love it.

darkishstar

This is so the best few collections out in a while!
I ADORE Sonic Chic... these blushes are amazing!
And Electroflash was fantastic for the lipglasses...

I think I'll be using Dainty today.
yahoo.gif

Divinity

Crap...I HAVE to get Gentle now - I'm a purple whore. I'm in total agreement regarding a light hand with Merrily. Took me three tries and two wipes to get it right. BTW...I applied it with Nuance just above and a little blend later..poof! Beautiful!