MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnn
I picked up Gentle & Dainty- I am so in love with both of them! Dainty is VERY similar to NARS orgasm- maybe a teeny bit lighter/sheerer. I only got two b/c I wanted to keep my sonic chic/ electroflash order under $120. In retrospect I should have gotten less of the eyeshadow & more of the blush. I hope nuance & pleasantry are made permanent!

This is true. In the pans they look incredibly similar. Orgasm has a bit more gold to it. However, Dainty has a little better payoff and stays on my face longer. I love it! Gentle is still my favorite though. I felt bad for not wearing it today!!

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
If I have EVERSUN from the BPB collection, do I need Love Joy?

I personally would say yea you do! =)
I just did a swatch which I will add to my Sonic Chic swatch post of the two but have to do it later tonight.

Eversun is lighter in comparison and Love Joy has a more gold shimmer to it and it's like a deeper peachy brown.
I say go for it!

AudreyNicole

Back to rave some more! I applied Pleasantry 9 hours ago, and it still looks freshly applied! It didn't fade AT ALL. The rest of my face needed a bit of blot powder, but my cheeks didn't budge! Awesome staying power on these babies!
bigheart.gif

elegant-one

I LOVE THESE BLUSHES
th_happy1.gif
th_happy1.gif

I agree that MAC could just keep the BPB's & the MB's & get rid of all the other blushes! Every color is incredibly gorgeous! The perfect texture/no glitter shimmer ever.

Dainty is one of the prettiest soft pink/peach (sorry Alpha Girl you've been outdone) colors ever.

Gentle is still my favorite color
winks.gif
Its a Gentle pink violet raspberry

Warm Soul - it is the perfect 'no makeup, makeup' blush! So happy with this color.

Love Thing - lovely romantic plum burgundy...ever

Pleasantry - This is the prettiest soft-bright baby pink blush. I buffed this color into my cheeks even a little down past the apples of my cheeks (no foundation) used Sonic Vibe lg (OMG this shade is that just bitten baby cherry/pink berry lips) & then using my fingers, applied just a soft application of the solid silver side of Polar Opposites just up to my crease & then a very thin line of black liner - top lash line only & Plushlash mascara just at the outer corners of my eyes, pulling the lashes to the outer corner of eyes. Seriously, it looks so fresh & young magazine makeup looking.

Buffing these blushes into the skin (187 brush) without foundation makes the skin look flawless (you can just spot touch any blotchiness) & blends into your own skin color. Just looks natural blushing.

I highly recommend these, even if you can only get one - try it
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I LOVE THESE BLUSHES
th_happy1.gif
th_happy1.gif

I agree that MAC could just keep the BPB's & the MB's & get rid of all the other blushes! Every color is incredibly gorgeous! The perfect texture/no glitter shimmer ever.

Dainty is one of the prettiest soft pink/peach (sorry Alpha Girl you've been outdone) colors ever.

Gentle is still my favorite color
winks.gif
Its a Gentle pink violet raspberry

Warm Soul - it is the perfect 'no makeup, makeup' blush! So happy with this color.

Love Thing - lovely romantic plum burgundy...ever

Pleasantry - This is the prettiest soft-bright baby pink blush. I buffed this color into my cheeks even a little down past the apples of my cheeks (no foundation) used Sonic Vibe lg (OMG this shade is that just bitten baby cherry/pink berry lips) & then using my fingers, applied just a soft application of the solid silver side of Polar Opposites just up to my crease & then a very thin line of black liner - top lash line only & Plushlash mascara just at the outer corners of my eyes, pulling the lashes to the outer corner of eyes. Seriously, it looks so fresh & young magazine makeup looking.

Buffing these blushes into the skin (187 brush) without foundation makes the skin look flawless (you can just spot touch any blotchiness) & blends into your own skin color. Just looks natural blushing.

I highly recommend these, even if you can only get one - try it
smiles.gif

I KNEW you would be smitten as soon as you opened that box!
yahoo.gif
Your post has me wanting Polar Opposites more than ever, and now Sonic Vibe too! And how amazing is Love Thing??
drools.gif

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
No way! Love Thing is unique and its the most gorgeous color for a blush I have ever seen. The right plum color with the right shimmer and sparkle. If I had to pick one, this would definitely be it!
yes.gif

Well now I am going to have to give Love Thing another look! Just when I thought I could stick with three of these suckers!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I agree with GlamYOURus! Love Thing is my pick for the entire collection, and GlamYOURus and I have completely different skin tones. It really does work for everyone. I swatched it next to nearly all of the darker blushes in the same color family in the permanent line, and it doesn't compare at all. It is just GORGEOUS!

Uh-oh now I REALLY want Love Thing! Audrey you really are the offical enabler and I love you for that!
winkiss.gif

Quote:
Oooooh, where is my UPS guy with my blushes?! I swear he thinks I have a crush on him...but really dude, I just want the junk in your trunk. (truck!)

hahahaha...I meant truck, but typed trunk....ah, I just left it for ya'lls amusement
winks.gif

That gave me a good laugh! Thank you!
th_LMAO.gif

Quote:
Back to rave some more! I applied Pleasantry 9 hours ago, and it still looks freshly applied! It didn't fade AT ALL. The rest of my face needed a bit of blot powder, but my cheeks didn't budge! Awesome staying power on these babies!
bigheart.gif

I totally agree with Audrey the staying power on these are amazing! I am wearing gentle today and I have gotten a lot of compliments. It really lasts and brightens up my face. I am normally not a big fan of blushes but these are changing my mind.
smiles.gif

wild child

Back from the MAC store and I did pretty good. I only bought Warm Soul
smiles.gif

This collection is so pretty. All of the blushes are gorgeous! Originally I wanted Warm Soul, Dainty, Nuance and Pleasantry. But after seeing and swatching them I passed.

Dainty is very similar to NARS Orgasm and Deep Throat, imo. I have both NARS blushes so I can do without Dainty.

Nuance turned kind of orangey when I swatched it.

I passed on Pleasantry because i'm hoping it'll be back in October when I have more cash.

But I couldn't pass on Warm Soul. It's too damn gorgeous! I can't wait to go try my new blush! Wheeeeeeeeeee!

AudreyNicole

A question for those of you who have gotten Warm Soul... Is it anything like Blushbaby blush? That is my go-to "no blush" blush. If they are compareable, I may grab it since I prefer this formula over regular powder blushes now (boy, that didn't take long did it?
lol.gif
)

dreamiez

Quote:
They would probably both be lovely on you, Gleeful will be more of a subtle dusty pink than the brighter but lovely Merrily.
winks.gif

Also, it will depend on your personal tastes & how lightly or heavy you apply the powders.

would applying them light handed work? deciding if i should get the darker colours.
th_dunno.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamiez
would applying them light handed work? deciding if i should get the darker colours.
th_dunno.gif

Absolutely. I am NW15, and I got Love Thing which is the darkest of all of them. I applied it yesterday with a skunk brush, lightly, and then buffed it out with a kabuki and I love it!
smiles.gif
You can definately wear the darker shades. It's all in how they are applied
smiles.gif

clwkerric

Well, I went to the store today and saw them all. They all were AMAZING! better than I expected! Absolutely gorgeous colors! I loved all the speckles in them. Suprisingly I only left with Gleeful and the 181 brush. I really wanted to get all of them but since 6 of them are coming back, I can not be in such a hurry!!! I keep looking at my Gleeful, its PRIME! lol

elegant-one

Quote:
I KNEW you would be smitten as soon as you opened that box!
yahoo.gif
Your post has me wanting Polar Opposites more than ever, and now Sonic Vibe too! And how amazing is Love Thing??
drools.gif

th_LMAO.gif
Polar Opposites is really different/pretty. The brighteness makes you look youthful & brightens the eye. Sonic Vibe..love

Love Thing is so darn pretty. I did a light application, but then did a darker one and I really didn't mind a darker application of it. These blushes are so buildable

pure love
tong.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Absolutely. I am NW15, and I got Love Thing which is the darkest of all of them. I applied it yesterday with a skunk brush, lightly, and then buffed it out with a kabuki and I love it!
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

iagree.gif
th_sign_woot.gif
No one should shy away from these colors. You can go as light or dark with them. YAY for skunk brushes

elegant-one

Quote:
A question for those of you who have gotten Warm Soul... Is it anything like Blushbaby blush? That is my go-to "no blush" blush. If they are compareable, I may grab it since I prefer this formula over regular powder blushes now (boy, that didn't take long did it?
lol.gif
)

No, not at all. I love blushbaby too & that was my go-to also, but Warm Soul is like a very low key bronzer but more skin toned, very natural looking - gosh did that make sense
tong.gif

Its like - I'm not wearing makeup, but I have some color that isn't bronzer

I am NW15 for reference

coachkitten

Quote:
No, not at all. I love blushbaby too & that was my go-to also, but Warm Soul is like a very low key bronzer but more skin toned, very natural looking - gosh did that make sense
tong.gif

Its like - I'm not wearing makeup, but I have some color that isn't bronzer

I am NW15 for reference

I know that blushbaby looks good on a lot of people but I seriously think it was made for NW15 skin. That is my go to blush as well!

erine1881

Quote:
lol.gif
)

i just love how it sounded like you weren't gonna get it if they were similar, but then decided to get it anyway, all in the same sentence!
th_LMAO.gif

stv578

I am now shaking my fist in the air! I wasn't going to look at or test Warm Soul, but now....!!!! I mean, after Elegant-One's description, do I even have the option?!?! By that description, it is everything I wanted Love Joy to be, but wasn't!!!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I am now shaking my fist in the air! I wasn't going to look at or test Warm Soul, but now....!!!! I mean, after Elegant-One's description, do I even have the option?!?! By that description, it is everything I wanted Love Joy to be, but wasn't!!!

th_roll1.gif

I thought love joy would be too dark

dreamiez

Quote:
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

ooo skunk brush being would a mac 187se suffice?
choochoo.gif

i'm thinking to get the 181 as well.

this collection is a killer to my pocket, since i'm obsessed with blushes.
girl_devil.gif