MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie5
so is Pleasantry just like sweetness? I have the beauty powder blushes but just dont like them that much and I think these blushes would be better. are some of these sonic blushes look like Shy beauty,eversun,feeling,joyous,true romantic and of course sweetness? Thanks so much for all your help

No, Pleasantry is much lighter/soft in color than Sweetness. Honestly, I have all BPB & they really aren't the same in color to the mineralize blushes. Plus, the new MB give your skin this gorgeous glowy healthy look whereas the BPB are more flat/matte

HTH

postcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
So if 6 of the 9 will become perm, which 3 do we think we won't see again-- any guesses?

I'm betting love joy and love thing get dropped.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
Yes, I think they are very similar. However, NARS has more gold in it. In the pans they are very comparable, but on the cheeks, totally different. That is my opinion.

I truly believe these blushes are unique. They look a lot like NARS dupes in the pans (almost everyone of them is), but are incredibly different once applied on the cheeks and buffed out. The color lasts longer, the payoff is better, there is less shimmer and on me, the swatches on my arms/hands look different than when applied on my face. Trust me, I went back and forth between these and my beloved NARS a lot before finally deciding to get them. And I'm sooooo happy I did!!

Darkishstar and Susanne: I'm so sorry for you guys! I hope you are ok. Car accidents are scary! {{{{Hugs}}}}

iagree.gif
yes.gif

rbella

I don't remember thinking that there was a dupe for Sin. But remember, I think these are only dupes in the pan, not on the cheek. I absolutely love owning all of them. NARS Orgasm and Deep Throat are two totally different colors, in my opinion. Deep Throat is not as red and doesn't have as much gold to it. Orgasm will definitely give you more of a flushed cheek. Deep Throat is definitely more peach. I have Sin, but don't have any MAC blush that resembles it.

From what I can remember, this is what I thought were some dupes (in pan):

MAC Dainty=NARS Orgasm
MAC Pleasantry= NARS Desire
MAC Love Joy=NARS Love Joy
MAC Gentle=NARS Oasis
MAC Love Thing=NARS Outlaw or maybe Taos
MAC Merrily=NARS Mounia

I'm sure that others will find differences, but this is just what I see. I also think I remember Nuance or Warm Soul being a dupe for NARS Luster and/or Laguna Beach, but I can't be sure unless the MAC's were in front of me again.

I guess that you could replace Sin with Gleeful, but it would by no means be exact. HTH!

gigglegirl

lol its funny to read the progression. back a few pages there was an awesome love thing love-fest going on (I'll admit, it caught my eye and I think I'll buy 3 more blushes to go with the one--dainty that i bought) and now ppl are speculating itll be one of them dropped.

I'm going to buy it now just in case though! I think I'll get Love Thing, Gleeful, and Gentle!

andreacvbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
So if 6 of the 9 will become perm, which 3 do we think we won't see again-- any guesses?

i think 2 of the non-repromoted are nuance (to many claims about that it turns too orangey on skin and love joy....

so the only 3 that i dont want are love joy, nuance and warm soul...

maybe i am not right...but thats what i think
cutey.gif

hth

bis

Susanne & darkishstar, glad to hear you are ok.
darkishstar, I hope the scary part goes away soon.

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
If I have EVERSUN from the BPB collection, do I need Love Joy?

Did the swatch last night and posted it with my Sonic Chic swatch post.

It's #35. See now you'll see why you should get Love Joy. =)
hth

darkishstar

Thanks everyone, it was my first car accident, which is why I got so scared to death. (I'm only 19!) I'm thankful neither side was hurt as well.

But I still made the 40 minute drive to see my boyfriend after that, what a lucky man! With Dainty on my cheeks and all. It was like nothing happened lol (Trying to keep this thread on topic.
smiles.gif
)

I find if I match the blush with golden shimmer colors, Dainty looks so lovely! And the same with Pleasantry if I use it with cooler colors. Blushes are so fun! I wish I had gotten into them sooner.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by postcard
I'm betting love joy and love thing get dropped.

I think Love Joy will be back, it is selling on WOC but that could push it off the list because It seems like our shades always get knocked off.

jenntoz

I just realized the free shipping code(electro) expires today!!! So I had to go for it & buy Gentle & the 181, so I don't have to wind up obsessing & then having to pay shipping in a day or two.

My guesses for the 3 that won't be back...Nuance, Merrily & Gleeful
th_dunno.gif

VDUB*BELLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Just came back from Hillcrest to pick up Gentle and WOW, it's sooo pretty! It showed up deeper on my skin than I expected. The MA tried Pleasantry on one cheek and Gentle on the other and the obvious choice was Gentle. Pleasantry was pretty but I can lighten Gentle to get a similar effect, and I just don't have a blush like Gentle!

Same here. I picked up Gentle over Pleasantry. I think Pleasantry can be easily duped and Gentle was unique enough to get. I thought it would've been more on the plummy side but compared to Plum Foolery wow its definately in the pink family

I also ended up getting Nuance which really surprised me. Definately the underdog. I am around NC35 right now with a tan and this colour looks gorgeous over some bronzer. Just a perfect peach
drools.gif

Warm Soul didnt even show up on me
th_dunno.gif

Merrily and Love thing were both beautiful but I usually shy away from the darker blushes.

Dainty is gorgeous. I think I will have to go back for that.
My MA said these are becoming perm in October

stv578

I have to agree with Rbella about the NARS/MAC MB comparison. There was a time that I was really into NARS blushes, but i realized that the shimmery ones have too much shimmer, whereas these don't go on as shimmery as they look, but provide more of a glow/sheen. I had orgasm, (not, I had an orgasm, lol!), but gave it to my SIL because it just didn't look right on my olive skin. Dainty however looks just fine, and doesn't have that super shimmer to it.

So it's day 4 and I've now tried Gleeful, Merrily, Dainty and today Gentle. Love them all, will use them all! Gleeful and Gentle are so far the front runners! They really will last a long time because a little goes a long way. I haven't tried Pleasantry yet, because I'm that confident this one will look amazing!

Oh... and I caved, thank you Elegant-One! Warm Soul is now also part of my collection. This one again proved that these blushes do NOT go on the way they look in the pan.

So now I will not be purchasing another blush for a long time, because I think i have every colour covered! Yay for a great MAC week!

VDUB*BELLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
BTW - my b/f and I had a car accident today. We are ok, the car is not, but it is just a car! You will be able to repair the damage.
*whisper* Don't tell that my b/f!

oh no !!
ssad.gif

glad to hear you guys will be okay
I've been there myself

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
I had one yesterday (same day as you) as well.

I hope you're okay.
I'm scared to death of driving now...

th_cheerup.gif

TwistedFaith

I ended up getting Love Thing and I adore it! For some reason Love Thing and Merrily looked pretty similar on my skin (NC 43-44), but I preferred Love Thing. Gleeful was a little too pink on me - I might have applied these with too heavy a hand though, I'm not sure. I think I'm satisfied with just my Love Thing...but I might have to get Merrily too!
yes.gif

kokometro

I didn't want these at first but I saw them in person today and OMG. I am in love. These have an insane color payoff. I had to wipe down my cheek and use a 187 with Merrily. I love the 181. It's delish. I would be better using the 187 until I get the hang of the application.

I wish they would keep all of these. I want them all. I bought Merrily.

All the brides coming in for their wedding makeup today used Merrily. It's gorgeous and unique. (imho)

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578

Oh... and I caved, thank you Elegant-One! Warm Soul is now also part of my collection. This one again proved that these blushes do NOT go on the way they look in the pan.

Awesome
th_DANCE.gif
kissy.gif
I think its really pretty