MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

imperfectbeauty

I love love love Gentle!! It's the perfect pink for me that actually shows up!! YES!! FINALLY!! lol. I really want to get one or two more blushes from this collection but im trying to restrain myself and save some money. lol.

Jello89

I swatched Love joy and I love it. Its such a nice color. But when I got home and put it on my cheeks it was kinda too dark. I did it fast, so tomorrow when i start from scratch ill put it on and if its still too dark, ill have to exchange it
ssad.gif

iheartangE

These blushes are so gorgeous!! I bought Warm Soul and Gleeful today
greengrin.gif
Woo! I definitely need a light hand to apply them, because I'm so pale, but they are beautiful and soft and shimmery and flattering. I'm so happy I got them!

I also wanted Gentle, but I had budgeted for only two and I think Gentle would have been too cool for my skin tone.

My mom even wants to try one now!! Hahaha so I hope we have ourselves a new MAC convert
winks.gif
I, personally, think Dainty would be gorgeous on her!

Julie5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Et voilà!! For all the pink lovers out there
winkiss.gif
More pics in the swatch thread.

Pleasantry, Pink Swoon, Don't Be Shy, Fashion Frenzy, Sweetness

DSC00157-1.jpg

Who loves them as well?

so is Pleasantry just like sweetness? I have the beauty powder blushes but just dont like them that much and I think these blushes would be better. are some of these sonic blushes look like Shy beauty,eversun,feeling,joyous,true romantic and of course sweetness? Thanks so much for all your help

JolieFemme

Does anyone else think dainty is similar to nars orgam with a bit more pink? I wanted dainty so bad but when I swatched the 2 next to each other I just couldn't buy it (I already own the nars).

allThingsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
If I have EVERSUN from the BPB collection, do I need Love Joy?

Love Joy is darker than Eversun. I like having both, but I love browns!

theheidis

1) Question about Gleeful -- is it pink/coral/brown -- it looks different in different swatches. 2) Does anyone have true romantic & gentle they can swatch next to each other?

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
BTW - my b/f and I had a car accident today. We are ok, the car is not, but it is just a car! You will be able to repair the damage.
*whisper* Don't tell that my b/f!

I had one yesterday (same day as you) as well.

I hope you're okay.
I'm scared to death of driving now...

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie5
so is Pleasantry just like sweetness? I have the beauty powder blushes but just dont like them that much and I think these blushes would be better. are some of these sonic blushes look like Shy beauty,eversun,feeling,joyous,true romantic and of course sweetness? Thanks so much for all your help

I love both, Sweetness and Pleasantry, but if I had to pick one, I would choose Pleasantry!

Shy Beauty is comparable to Dainty IMO, and also to BP Alpha Girl from Heatherette. I have Shy Beauty and Alpha Girl, that's why I have passed Dainty.

Joyous BPB - Peach with gold pearlized pigments

Eversun BPB - neutral peach bronze with gold pearlized pigments

Nuance (Sonic Chic) - Mid-tone peach with gold pearl

Sweetness BPB - Intense blue pink with pealized pigments

Pleasantry (Sonic Chic) - Intense mid-tone blue pink with gold pearl

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreacvbb
hey susanne...are u happy with ur blushes?hope so....
do u know when is the release date in august for color fourms?
i didnt know that this collection will be released also here in europe...i want maybe a pigment and the advance brush set...

big hug for everybody

Hi Andrea!

I love my blushes
winkiss.gif
I will get Love Thing as well for sure now.

My MA will have update at the end of next week, so it isn't confirmed yet, but I guess we will get Colour Forms here on August 2nd.
yes.gif
I am looking forward to the brush sets!

Divinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
I also wore Love thing today with no other makeup and I got compliments when I went to return my Hot Contrast
lol.gif

What didn't you like about this color? I was on the fence but found the veiny color opposite the black make a RAD purple!

BTW I am wearing Pleasantry with a little Love Thing and oooh...just can't get enough of these blushes!!

I'm trying to us the new 159 brush (new view collection) with these...I'm a brush whore in addition to being a purple whore. The application is a bit spotty with this brush. Any tips?

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinity
I'm trying to us the new 159 brush (new view collection) with these...I'm a brush whore in addition to being a purple whore. The application is a bit spotty with this brush. Any tips?

You mean the 189 brush? I cannot wait to get my hands on that baby!

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
Susanne & darkishstar I'm glad you are both okay!!!

Ditto! Scary but thank goodness you are alright!

Divinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
You mean the 189 brush? I cannot wait to get my hands on that baby!

Ooops! Yeah that one
smiles.gif

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolieFemme
Does anyone else think dainty is similar to nars orgam with a bit more pink? I wanted dainty so bad but when I swatched the 2 next to each other I just couldn't buy it (I already own the nars).

Yes, I think they are very similar. However, NARS has more gold in it. In the pans they are very comparable, but on the cheeks, totally different. That is my opinion.

I truly believe these blushes are unique. They look a lot like NARS dupes in the pans (almost everyone of them is), but are incredibly different once applied on the cheeks and buffed out. The color lasts longer, the payoff is better, there is less shimmer and on me, the swatches on my arms/hands look different than when applied on my face. Trust me, I went back and forth between these and my beloved NARS a lot before finally deciding to get them. And I'm sooooo happy I did!!

Darkishstar and Susanne: I'm so sorry for you guys! I hope you are ok. Car accidents are scary! {{{{Hugs}}}}