MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84
Can anyone tell me, what shade is Gleeful exactly??
I'm sure I'll get Nuance since it's peachy and I have to have it LOL, but what I wonder about Gleeful too.

It gives a really nice natural flush. It's... corally pink with berry tones in it? It's really hard to describe, but it's a beautiful color!

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22
hey guys!!! Here i am again, confused because i DONT have a MAC counter and i REALLY want some of these blushes- Im a huge hyper reel snob, I'm an NC300... Pretty dark as I tan a TON all the time, haha... what would you guys suggest? I love pleasentry and gentle but I cant check them out IP because my closest counter is 3 hours away in chi-town =( Would those colors look good with my skin tone? Anyone else w/ the same skin tone- what'd you buy??

I'm NC30 and I picked up these colors:
Nuance, Dainty, Gleeful, Pleasantry, and Love Joy.
Nuance is a very natural subtle looking blush, very pretty with NC30, it won't turn orange on you.
Dainty is also very wearable and subtle as well. I go to this one and Nuance more for everyday.
Gleeful for a bit more drama, it's a berry coral color (it really is, I swear!) but it's still a very wearable flush of color, I have to be careful not to ovverapply this. But it's a gorgeous color, it matches with NC30 well.
Pleasantry is gorgeous! Enough said! The first three are warm colors, this is a cool colored one, so it's a nice contrast on NC30 skin and compliments cooler color beautifully, I love to wear purple eyeshadows with this blush.
smiles.gif

Love Joy, it looks brown but has these plum undertones, it's a muted subtle effect that is absolutely gorgeous!

Merrily and Love Thing were "duped" by Gleeful for me. It's not exact, but that's the deepest colored one I went for. They are too dark for an inexperienced blush user like me, so I skipped them.

Divinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJane
Is the 181 brush a must-have to apply these blushes? I have the 187 and was thinking I could use that.

Depends on what you are going for. The 187 works well, but gives more of an airbrushed finish - so it doesn't pick up as much product as the 181. If you have any of MAC's kabuki brushes or any kabuki from that matter, it's really great for buffing/blending on the color and picking up a little more product.

Meryl

Happy Birthday Audrey!!

Re: 181 brush - I'm using the 129 or my skunk brush for the blushes... they give a lighter application, which is what I want.

trojanchick99

I went to my freestanding today, they were all so pretty. I ended up getting Gleeful. I'm an NC35-40, and it looks gorgeous on. I also picked up the 181, it's the cutest brush ever.

elegant-one

I like using the 187 brush too. It makes it easier to leave it light or darken it up.

This afternoon I wore Pleasantry all over cheeks, then a light tap of pro blush Rhubarb just on the apples of the cheeks. Stila long wear lipcolor in Flushed (which is the prettiest rose berry pink) with Sonic Vibe lg over it.

These blushes have such great staying power. I've worn them both days in hot humid weather for hours & at the end of the day they were still perfect.

glamqueen1

When I visited my MAC-counter, I swatched Dainty next to Peachykeen, and they were really similar, PK was a bit darker, but had the same peachyness, as I saw it. I also couldn´t help comparing with the Nouba blush-on-bubble, which is also made in Italy. I thought they would be the same, but Nouba is even more pigmented, and softer, and gives more value for money, at least here in Sweden. I´m still not convinced about the Sonic Chic, they may be too glittery, I have to let them rest and consider the shimmer. Maybe I´d be better off with Peachykeen, LOL ?
tong.gif

(I´m lucky enough to live in a wealthy country, my worries doesn´t get more serious than this..
th_LMAO.gif
)
My MUA also told me that the Sonic Chic blushes will be permanent, and part of a mineral-line, so I´m not really in a hurry with the decision making.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamqueen1
When I visited my MAC-counter, I swatched Dainty next to Peachykeen, and they were really similar, PK was a bit darker, but had the same peachyness, as I saw it. I also couldn´t help comparing with the Nouba blush-on-bubble, which is also made in Italy. I thought they would be the same, but Nouba is even more pigmented, and softer, and gives more value for money, at least here in Sweden. I´m still not convinced about the Sonic Chic, they may be too glittery, I have to let them rest and consider the shimmer. Maybe I´d be better off with Peachykeen, LOL ?
tong.gif

(I´m lucky enough to live in a wealthy country, my worries doesn´t get more serious than this..
th_LMAO.gif
)
My MUA also told me that the Sonic Chic blushes will be permanent, and part of a mineral-line, so I´m not really in a hurry with the decision making.

I think only six of the blushes will be permanent though. So that's why people are still making a fuss about buying the blushes now.
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Yep, I just got off the phone with a MAC Artist & she said they are "keeping both the Mineral Blushes & Shadows" but "will rotate what comes back in". They are "keeping the Mineral Line"...all her words...YAY!

iheartangE

I'm looking for help from you lovely, much more knowledgeable Specktra-ettes
smiles.gif
So I LOVE my Warm Soul, and as much as I love Gleeful, even when I use my 187 brush to apply it very lightly on my cheeks, it still comes out wayyy too much on my uber-pale skin.

Is there anything I can do? I used my 187 and dabbed it into Gleeful very lightly before putting it on. Should I try my 188 instead and then use a different brush to blend it into my skin? I don't know what to do-I certainly don't want to give up Gleeful!

I'm callin' on all my fellow pale beauties-what do you suggest?

blindpassion

So now that we've all had a chance to play with our products,

I was wondering if you all could give me a little bit of advice.

For all of you that are either NW/NC 15 - 25 ish skin tones, what are your FAVES from this collection!
smiles.gif

I purchased Dainty, Gentle, and Pleasantry - which I'm in love with!!!... but I'm curious to know what you all with a smiliar skin tone think of the other colors

Thanks!

gigglegirl

Hey Blindpassion

I'm an NW15 and love Dainty, Love Thing <3 so dang pretty!, and Gentle!!

Perhaps check out Love Thing in person and see how it works for you!

Winnie

I'm nc25 and got Dainty and Gleeful! So pretty! Love thing is super popular by me, it sold out within 4 days at one of my counters (Selfridges).

pat

So I went BACK to MAC and grabbed the last three that was missing in my collection. (Love Thing, Love Joy, and Pleasantry). Now I have all of them and man am I broke. hahahaha... I like to think that if I DIDNT buy something from a collection, I may regret it later.
smiles.gif
(yeah right)

I'll be swatching all nine very soon.

I don't know how I missed Love Thing, it's such a pretty color!

BTW, Happy belated Birthday Audrey! Did you get any goodies?!

VDUB*BELLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
These blushes have such great staying power. I've worn them both days in hot humid weather for hours & at the end of the day they were still perfect.

Unbelievable staying power!

After I did my swatches of Gentle yesterday evening it was still on my hand this morning after I washed my hands a number of times

oh yes and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Audrey!! Hope you had a good one!!!
smiles.gif
smiles.gif