MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

mariecinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I got those three as well. I am still debating love thing. I really need to save my money for the fall collections with all of the eye shadows. I am not really a blush girl but these blushes are the best blushes I have ever tried. It is hard to not want to get them all!

I have SO many blushes that I hardly ever wear (having some application technique problems) and I went crazy with the BP blushes. But I could not let these go! I wanted Nunance and Warm Soul also...but my bank account wouldn't let me...lol

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I already have them
yes.gif
This time my part of Germany has been faster than the rest of the country
tong.gif
It is just fair, you had Cool Heat and Electroflash earlier.

yeah, you're right
winks.gif

I hope the come around next week, I reallyreallyreally want to try Merrily.

Working on a Snow-white look here.
greengrin.gif

TangoMT

My god, words cannot describe how much I adore these blushes! I received my haul yesterday (Gentle, Gleeful and Warm Soul) and literally 5 minutes after I opened the box I was back online ordering Pleasantry!
th_LMAO.gif
My blush collection tends towards the neutrals/peaches, but I just love the look/feel of these mineralized ones so much I figured if I'm going to branch into the bright pink territory I want to do it with this formula! I'm also thinking of picking up Nuance eventually, but I suspect that would be a "safe" color for me..how many peachy blushes can one girl own?! Unless Nuance is unique enough in that "gotta have it" way I think I might be able to pass on this one.

I'm finding it really hard to pick a favorite of the 3 I already have, they are all just lovely. I wore Gentle yesterday and I'm wearing Warm Soul today, I cannot get away from the mirror checking myself out!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoMT
My god, words cannot describe how much I adore these blushes! I received my haul yesterday (Gentle, Gleeful and Warm Soul) and literally 5 minutes after I opened the box I was back online ordering Pleasantry!
th_LMAO.gif
My blush collection tends towards the neutrals/peaches, but I just love the look/feel of these mineralized ones so much I figured if I'm going to branch into the bright pink territory I want to do it with this formula! I'm also thinking of picking up Nuance eventually, but I suspect that would be a "safe" color for me..how many peachy blushes can one girl own?! Unless

th_roll1.gif
th_sign_woot.gif
yep! we all hear ya
winks.gif

"How many peachy blushes can one girl own".... I would say, all of them!
cutey.gif

Do try the pinks they are lovely.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoMT
th_LMAO.gif
My blush collection tends towards the neutrals/peaches, but I just love the look/feel of these mineralized ones so much I figured if I'm going to branch into the bright pink territory I want to do it with this formula! I'm also thinking of picking up Nuance eventually, but I suspect that would be a "safe" color for me..how many peachy blushes can one girl own?! Unless Nuance is unique enough in that "gotta have it" way I think I might be able to pass on this one.

I'm finding it really hard to pick a favorite of the 3 I already have, they are all just lovely. I wore Gentle yesterday and I'm wearing Warm Soul today, I cannot get away from the mirror checking myself out!

Give Love Joy a try. You won't regret it.
winks.gif
If you want to branch into plum that is.
greengrin.gif

MILFY

I went for Nuance, Dainty and Warm Soul in the end.....can't wait for them all to arrive.

I am not normally a "pink" sort of girl - I am nc35 and i tend to stick to the bronze tones but I am tempted to try one of these in a pinky shade.

iheartangE

I love Warm Soul and Gleeful so much...as much as I don't have the extra cash right now I am SO lemming Pleasantry, Dainty, and Nuance!! I'm just praying that they'll be re-released with the mineral display later this year so that I don't miss out on them forever. Although they seem pretty popular so I think I have a shot.

Oh, they are so beautiful!!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
th_roll1.gif
th_sign_woot.gif
yep! we all hear ya
winks.gif

"How many peachy blushes can one girl own".... I would say, all of them!
cutey.gif

Do try the pinks they are lovely.

I will get the peach ones in October if they come back. They do come back, I am sure
winks.gif
Now for summer I have bought the pink shades!

nadiya

Quote:
Just got my Merrily. The color is deceptive in the pan
smiles.gif
It is beautiful on! But wow, it has to be the most pigmented of the bunch. I think one would last a lifetime.

It did not turn orange on me at all. I think that the reason its not turning orange is because it actually has a rose/pink base to it even though it doesn't look like that in the pot. If you wipe it off your face with a tissue, you'll see the pink.

I compared it to Serenely BPB....Although they are both in the same color family, Serenely is much lighter, more peach. Merrily is more coral/pink/peach & several shades darker with more of the gold pearl.

Yay, glad to hear you like it Elegant One! I love the way it looks on the brides but was a bit worried it might not be good for PPP's after all.For some reason I'm kind of drawn to this colour. Maybe it's because I love Benetint and that's also highly pigmented but good for fair people.

thelove4tequila

Wow Merrily is very pigmented! Even for an NC35'er its pretty dark/pigmented. I tried it on my cheeks last night and it was bold! I think I like it. But my surprising favorite out of my bunch is still Nuance. It gives the perfect glow with a hint of color. I love it! Now I have to try Pleasentry! I'm trying NOT to go to the swatch forum cuz I'm debating about getting some more!
smiles.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
Wow Merrily is very pigmented! Even for an NC35'er its pretty dark/pigmented. I tried it on my cheeks last night and it was bold! I think I like it. But my surprising favorite out of my bunch is still Nuance. It gives the perfect glow with a hint of color. I love it! Now I have to try Pleasentry! I'm trying NOT to go to the swatch forum cuz I'm debating about getting some more!
smiles.gif

Oh, I want to try Merrily next week if they already have it.
Would you wear it if you were NC20?

Interesting is that Nuance does not show up on me, just the glitter.

Luceuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis

I'm NC20 and love Merilly, it looks gorgeous!

Moxy

Just wanted to thank you ladies for all your amazing swatches. Some of us depend solely on your swatches because we don't get to see the products in person until they arrive with mail. You did an awesome job with Sonic Chic photos and product swatches!
thmbup.gif
bigheart.gif

I just bought Dainty (i prefer gentle cheek colours and since i have Don't be shy from Barbie i couldn't justify getting Pleasantry because I don't need another pink - unless i win the lottery) and I'm so excited.
yahoo.gif

TangoMT

Thank you ladies!
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Give Love Joy a try. You won't regret it.
winks.gif
If you want to branch into plum that is.
greengrin.gif

Funny thing about that Love Joy! It was actually in my Top 5 picks when I was first checking out the Sonic Chic collection, but I ended up limiting myself to 3 in an attempt to be good with my hauling (I'm failing miserably, can you tell?
winks.gif
) I'm already anticipating the "side eye" I'm going to get from my husband when my Pleasantry box comes in, so I should probably wait a little while before I go back for Love Joy (and maybe some Nuance too..why won't the idea of this one leave me alone!)!

Susanne

Quote:
Susanne you look incredible in your FOTD! Pleasantry is so pretty on you - yay!
bouquet.gif

I saw where some of your posts are like at 5am here...I'm totally
sleepy.gif
zzzzz at that hour
winks.gif

winkiss.gif
This post from you came 7.53 PM here - I think I am 7 hours ahead?

Dani California

Susanne, that is so pretty!!
greengrin.gif
Damn, I wished I got warmed now
ssad.gif

I got Warm Soul today though..........LOVE it, I think it will make a nice glowy bronzer for us pale ladies.
greengrin.gif
I wanted dainty but they were sold out, it seems they are sold out of quite a few at my counter..........

I also got expensive pink........WOW, why the hell have I not bought this yet??

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis

Yeah I would def give Merrily a try!
yes.gif
With a very light hand of course.